Lead source connection with UTM code

Søren Pommer
Søren Pommer Member Posts: 5
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

Hi! does anyone know a good approach for connecting the UTM code of a web visitor to the lead source in Pipedrive? We would like to be able to see which campaign that drives the most leads. If this is possible in some way, then we can know which visitors that are most likely to convert to sales. Thanks! 

Tagged:
2 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited June 2021 #2

Hi @Søren Pommer 

Unfortunately not directly. If you use the Web visitors feature you can create a filter based on URL (if the UTM tag is there) or Source/medium to get an overview of traffic from different campaigns

• Joshua Curtis
    Joshua Curtis Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2021 #3

Dang, I wish you had this ability as well. I really need to track campaign source or I have to consider migrating to a new CRM.

• Sergey Zuev
    Sergey Zuev Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited September 2021 #4

You can do this using our Pipedrive integration -- GA Connector.

It tracks UTM parameters and other web visitor information.

And then imports it into Pipedrive leads and deals:

• Aaron Beashel_64293
    Aaron Beashel_64293 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2022 #5

Hey Soren

I had this same problem and I ended up writing this blog post which outlines how to do it: https://attributer.io/blog/the-easiest-way-to-get-utm-paremeters-into-pipedrive

Hope that helps!

Aaron

• We seriously need this to be prioritised. Leads should have sources. Hubspot, Zoho and Salesforce have this feature.

• Søren Pommer
    Søren Pommer Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

Am currently running two types of sources - the standard from pipedrive that is not very informative and our own created via custom fields.. This is rather confusing for our team.

• Matthew Rose
    Matthew Rose Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Pipedrive I see that these UTM threads have been going on for years. What is the hold up with this essential feature?

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,048 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer

Hi @Matthew Rose, lead source via UTM code is not available natively. But I will move this request to a feedback post so our product team can see it, and other users vote on it.