Exporting data

Nimish Mehta
Nimish Mehta Member Posts: 7
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi all - how does one export details of Won Oppty's including the payment schedule of each? PipeDrive seems to be very limited in export capability... thoughts?

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

I am not familiar with payment schedules. But generally speaking how you would get your exportable data set is to first create a filter in either deals, organizations, or people to aggregate the records you were looking for based on the conditions you set. Then in the list view of whether data set you used to get that info you would select the ellipsis in the upper right corner and choose 'export filter results'. Before export you can make changes to the column to display the data fields you prefer. by selecting the gear icon on the right side of the columns. 

• Nimish Mehta
    edited December 2020 #3

I am not familiar with payment schedules. But generally speaking how you would get your exportable data set is to first create a filter in either deals, organizations, or people to aggregate the records you were looking for based on the conditions you set. Then in the list view of whether data set you used to get that info you would select the ellipsis in the upper right corner and choose 'export filter results'. Before export you can make changes to the column to display the data fields you prefer. by selecting the gear icon on the right side of the columns. 

Thank you Brad! My challenge is that our deals have a payment schedule. Meaning, a month by month payment. Example: we sell Acme Widgets a deal of $100K. Jan payment is $10K, Feb is $15K, March is $8K ... and so on. Payments are not the same each month. We enter all of this information in the Payment Schedule section of a deal details page. Now the question is: how do we view ALL payments, deal by deal, month by month? We need to plan cash flow...

Thoughts? I tried Import2wizard in the market place. No cigar. And now am trying flatly.io (also in the marketplace) - this one seems promising but jobs are failing... :(. If you know anything about this, please let me know! 

Thanks!

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020 #4

Is this payment schedule section of the deal details something that you created custom in the deal details section? 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020 #5

It kinda feels to me that you may be trying to use pipedrive to do what an accounting/billing software package would usually do. Where pipedrive is focused more on the sales. The total sale was 100k. so unless you treat each payment of that total sale as a seperate sale Im not sure how you would accomplish your aim. 

• Nimish Mehta
    edited December 2020 #6

No... it is a "standard" part of PipeDrive. Please see these screenshots.

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020 #7

We sell services that are very often billed across 6 or 4 payments. $50,000.00 thats billed in 4 or 6 equal installments. We DO NOT use pipedrive to worry about those seperate payments. That's handled in a total different accounting software package. 

We also sell services where we wont know the exact total billed because the agreement is billed on a per service basis. such as a per service agreement for snow plowing. In that case we just enter a value in pipedrive that is likely based on our billing rates and size of property. Again the actual accounting of it is handles in a totally separate accounting software package. 

• Nimish Mehta
    edited December 2020 #8

This is the deal screen.
  • Nimish Mehta
    edited December 2020 #9

Interesting! Yes that might be another way to go at this. But then do you export / synch data from PipeDrive to an accounting package? Otherwise you would be entering in customer name, etc etc manually in accounting package (in addition to PipeDrive).

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020 #10

All that said, if you really wanted to do what you describe I would suggest creating a seperate deal for each billing of the total deal.

Name the deals somthing like:

Deal tite - January

Deal title- February

Deal title - March

• Nimish Mehta
    edited December 2020 #11

Yes, fair enough. It's then just more work for the sales teams to create a separate deal for each billing.

Question: do you synch your PipeDrive to an accounting package? Which one if you don't mind my asking? We use QuickBooks Online. And I haven't yet explored synching PipeDrive to QBO...

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020 #12

Ah, I see. You are using the revenue feature that supports payments. I have very limited experience with that as we dont use that feature. Our legacy business management system does not support syncing so we do in fact have to duplicate our data entry efforts for contact details, etc. we mostly handle that by moving the deal to a dedicated 'estimating' pipeline where an office administrator makes sure the contact details are current or updated in our business management software. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020 #13

The proposals are created in that legacy business management software based on product / labor costs ect and handles the billing and all that jazz. So there is not much value for us to be so detailed in pipedrive in terms of projected payments by month and such. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020 #14

We do not sync pipedrive to accounting or anything. Most everything we do is done in a very antiquated business management software called sliceplus.com We all hate it, its 20 years behind the times but change happens slow because 'they' cannot find a replacement they like. 

• Nimish Mehta
    edited December 2020 #15

Right. Thank you Much Brad! Appreciate the perspectives.

• Adam Cooke
    Adam Cooke Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #16

Hey! We created a tool called Cloudslurp that connects to Pipedrive and lets you pull all your data set data in one API call so you can have the whole data set in JSON format. It might help you if you then want to use this data in another system for accounting purposes (Like quickbooks desktop for example).

check it out! https://www.cloudslurp.com

It is also useful for backing up your pipedrive data. we are adding lots of new connectors for other systems and more features. Stay tuned!