Email Alias

Comments

• David Saraiva
    David Saraiva Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #32

Just adding my comments, we're shopping for a CRM right now, and I am pretty sure that lack of support for 1 to 1 email aliases is going to kill Pipedrive as an option.  I love everything else about it.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited January 2023 #33

Just adding my comments, we're shopping for a CRM right now, and I am pretty sure that lack of support for 1 to 1 email aliases is going to kill Pipedrive as an option.  I love everything else about it.

Thanks for sharing @David Saraiva happy to hear you love everything else, hopefully we can work on this in the near future. I'm making sure our team sees your comment!

• Geoffroy
    Geoffroy Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #34

Hello @Mike van der Valk , when you are speaking about near future, any ideas in terms of months? 😊 We are hesitating to stay on Pipedrive because of this

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #35

Hi @Geoffroy sorry if my comment came across confusing. I meant I hope we can work on this in the near future. But I hope you understand our team is always prioritising and seeing what to work on next. This means the suggestion mentioned here can still take a lot longer as well, although I hope it won't. At this moment we're not working on this update and there's also no plan to start soon. Hopefully me passing on your comments and those of others here will help us reconsider.

• Sebastian Wild_16030
    Sebastian Wild_16030 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #36
    Yes please!
  • Randall Pena
    Randall Pena Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2022 #37

Anyone here need to send email from your domain alias (G-Suite)?  In my case I badly need it. 

I have 2 brands, I would like to send email in pipedrive using my other brand. I have 2 domain, first one is brand1.com (primary domain) the second is brand2.com (domain alias).

I would love to be able to send email to my contacts in pipedrive using the domain alias as the FROM email address (randall@brand2.com).

I really hope this could be allowed because it's a pain to switch from pipedrive to g-suite (gmail) just to be able to send email from my domain alias. Plus I'll be missing out on the email tracking feature of pipedrive if I send from gmail.

Please! please! please! I hope Pipedrive can make this happen.

I have a feeling a lot of users need this ability and most likely several have requested this as well.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #38

Hi @Randall Pena 

As you've seen it's unfortunately not possible right now. I've added the "feedback" tag to your post so that our team will see you suggestion for future updates. Thanks for sharing!

• Ivos Gajdorus
    Ivos Gajdorus Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #39

@Mike van der Valk Hi Mike, I'm just adding my vote as we using multiple aliases within our G suite and sending emails from aliased domains is crucial for us... 

• Niraj Dattani
    Niraj Dattani Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #40

Another vote for this - very frustrating that you don't have it. 

• Rob Janes
    Rob Janes Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #41

This is also becoming a burden for us here as well, any update on if there will be a solution to this moving forward?

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2023 #42
    Rob Janes said:

This is also becoming a burden for us here as well, any update on if there will be a solution to this moving forward?

Hi @Rob Janes , I'm sorry to hear this has been an inconvenience for you.

At the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.
    • Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • liamdillon
    liamdillon Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2023 #43

@Aaron Camacho  I've been desperately hoping for this feature from Pipedrive too because I have the exact same problem as you.

Would you care to mention or hint at the name of the other CRM which has this? I would be hugely grateful.

Thanks.

• Andrew Novak
    Andrew Novak Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #44

Another vote for this - I really need to use an alias for the different pipelines/companies under our parent organizations! 

• Alexandre_21291
    Alexandre_21291 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #45

The only reason I`m not paying Pipedrive right now is because the lack of this feature.

• Alexandre_21291
    Alexandre_21291 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #46

@Aaron Camacho  I've been desperately hoping for this feature from Pipedrive too because I have the exact same problem as you.

Would you care to mention or hint at the name of the other CRM which has this? I would be hugely grateful.

Thanks.

I`d like to know the name of the other CRM too.

Thanks!

• Jesper Qvist
    Jesper Qvist Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #47

This is quite mission critical for many, something Hubspot offered for a long time, any timeline when that will be possible? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #48

This is quite mission critical for many, something Hubspot offered for a long time, any timeline when that will be possible? 

Hi @Jesper Qvist unfortunately no ETA. We're currently reviewing and planning the roadmap for next year. I'll highlight this to our team again working on emails in Pipedrive 

• Jean-Paul
    Jean-Paul Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #49

Another vote, we sell different product and use different brands and domain, this seems like something common and mos def required

• Tanya Priyank
    Tanya Priyank Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #50

If this alias issue is not fixed, (we used say xyz.com so far but will soon become xyz-group.com and would need both IDs) then logging emails on Pipedrive will be an issue and we will get rid of this CRM. Please look into adding this feature as soon as you can 

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited January 2023 #51

If this alias issue is not fixed, (we used say xyz.com so far but will soon become xyz-group.com and would need both IDs) then logging emails on Pipedrive will be an issue and we will get rid of this CRM. Please look into adding this feature as soon as you can 

Thank you for the request, Tanya!

I have submitted your feedback, but cannot guarantee that alias support will be developed any time soon.

Even though it sounds simple - it seems that the feature is difficult to develop and implement (f.e. Nylas- our sync partner - does not have support of it either).

Thank you again for understanding,

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
    edited July 2022 #52

I am once again trying to open discussion about the email alias for sending mails in pipedrive.

It is a challenging topic, however, I believe a lot of people have aliases on their emails and this limitation brings negative experience on pipedrive and email sync function.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #53

Hi @Martin Pecha thanks for highlighting it again. I've added the feedback tag to your post and have nudged our Product manager on it as well.

• Andrew Klotz
    Andrew Klotz Member Posts: 30
    edited January 2023 #54

Thanks @Martin Pecha for resurfacing this. Wanted to echo that this is a huge limitation of Pipedrive for our company, as we look to scale up our sales team and keep all conversations inside one platform.

We like many of the features PD email tools offer, but are forced to rely on Gmail for alias support (our primary GSuite domain is the parent company, and not the product name). At this point I've pretty much given up hope that it will be supported by PD, and am actively investigating other tools since it's truly a dealbreaker...I'm sad about this.

• Randall Pena
    Randall Pena Member Posts: 29
    edited January 2023 #55

Hi @Mike van der Valk , do you happen to have news on this? I really hope it's in the roadmap. Thank you.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #56

Thanks @Martin Pecha for resurfacing this. Wanted to echo that this is a huge limitation of Pipedrive for our company, as we look to scale up our sales team and keep all conversations inside one platform.

We like many of the features PD email tools offer, but are forced to rely on Gmail for alias support (our primary GSuite domain is the parent company, and not the product name). At this point I've pretty much given up hope that it will be supported by PD, and am actively investigating other tools since it's truly a dealbreaker...I'm sad about this.

Hi @Andrew Klotz that makes me sad to see you sad :( 

I'm going to pass your addition to this post on to our team as well. I wish I could promise you anything...

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #57

Hi @Mike van der Valk , do you happen to have news on this? I really hope it's in the roadmap. Thank you.

Hi @Randall Pena I wish I had good news but it's not clear at the moment. We're actually currently hiring extra people for this area of email to further invest and improve it. I'll pass it on to the people already there so hopefully soon with some more power we can tackle these suggestions!

• Diego_28956
    Diego_28956 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #58
    Michael said:

Would love the ability to use an alias without having to resort to 3rd party app.  would be really useful for automations such as an onboarding series of emails

Hi, any news on this topic? 

Im looking fordward to use it, would be really helpful since i share mi Gsuite account with my team, and each one have a different alias.

Thank you!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #59
    Michael said:

Would love the ability to use an alias without having to resort to 3rd party app.  would be really useful for automations such as an onboarding series of emails

Hi @Diego unfortunately no direct news on this request. We do have a team working on a seamless marketing solution in Pipedrive though but that's still some time away..

• Andrea Michelon
    Andrea Michelon Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2023 #60

Hi, has this been solved? Using alias for us is essential.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #61

Hi, has this been solved? Using alias for us is essential.

Hi @Andrea Michelon it's definitely on our radar but unfortunately it's not solved as of now :(