Email alias reminder after some time

I am once again trying to open discussion about the email alias for sending mails in pipedrive.

It is a challenging topic, however, I believe a lot of people have aliases on their emails and this limitation brings negative experience on pipedrive and email sync function.

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited November 2021 #2

Hi @Martin Pecha thanks for highlighting it again. I've added the feedback tag to your post and have nudged our Product manager on it as well.

• Andrew Klotz
    Andrew Klotz Posts: 21
    10 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 25 #3

Thanks @Martin Pecha for resurfacing this. Wanted to echo that this is a huge limitation of Pipedrive for our company, as we look to scale up our sales team and keep all conversations inside one platform.

We like many of the features PD email tools offer, but are forced to rely on Gmail for alias support (our primary GSuite domain is the parent company, and not the product name). At this point I've pretty much given up hope that it will be supported by PD, and am actively investigating other tools since it's truly a dealbreaker...I'm sad about this.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited March 2021 #4

Thanks @Martin Pecha for resurfacing this. Wanted to echo that this is a huge limitation of Pipedrive for our company, as we look to scale up our sales team and keep all conversations inside one platform.

We like many of the features PD email tools offer, but are forced to rely on Gmail for alias support (our primary GSuite domain is the parent company, and not the product name). At this point I've pretty much given up hope that it will be supported by PD, and am actively investigating other tools since it's truly a dealbreaker...I'm sad about this.

Hi @Andrew Klotz that makes me sad to see you sad :( 

I'm going to pass your addition to this post on to our team as well. I wish I could promise you anything...

• Conrad Bergmann
    Conrad Bergmann Posts: 8
    edited June 2021 #5

This puts a dramatic limit on to the extent to which we can use Pipedrive as well. Itrestricts us from using Pipedrive as an all-in-one platform, which imo is rather unecessary.

• Nirmal Gyanwali
    Nirmal Gyanwali Posts: 28
    edited February 25 #6

@Mike van der Valk 

Any update on the progress? This has been one of the biggest problems for us as well. For that reason, the team doesn't have the confidence to use PipeDrive as the main communication channel. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited March 2021 #7

@Mike van der Valk 

Any update on the progress? This has been one of the biggest problems for us as well. For that reason, the team doesn't have the confidence to use PipeDrive as the main communication channel. 

Hi @Nirmal Gyanwali and @Conrad Praamsma , thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.

We have plans to support email aliases but unfortunately at the moment we don't have an ETA we can share with you yet. We aren't very keen on giving out ETAs as things in software development can sometimes go significantly quicker or slower than expected due to depending on many moving parts. 

That being said, I've shared your input directly with the PM internally so it can be taken into consideration. In the meantime this is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

Thank you for your patience. 🙏

• Inês Batata
    edited May 27 #8

@Martin Pecha @Andrew Klotz @Conrad Bergmann @Nirmal Gyanwali I have some fresh news about email aliases: if everything goes according to plan, our goal is to have this live by the third quarter of 2021. A lot of behind-the-scenes work needs to be done until then.

Like I mentioned above, I hope you understand this can change if we hit some bumps in the road but I can promise you I'm always on the radar for news and updates that we can share with the community, so keep your eyes peeled. I'm your ally ;)

• Andrew Klotz
    edited December 2021 #9

@Martin Pecha @Andrew Klotz @Conrad Bergmann @Nirmal Gyanwali I have some fresh news about email aliases: if everything goes according to plan, our goal is to have this live by the third quarter of 2021. A lot of behind-the-scenes work needs to be done until then.

Like I mentioned above, I hope you understand this can change if we hit some bumps in the road but I can promise you I'm always on the radar for news and updates that we can share with the community, so keep your eyes peeled. I'm your ally ;)

Thanks Ines! This is a very welcomed update that will benefit many current and future Pipedrivers. I'm very excited for Q3! If you need any beta testers, count me in. Most of all, thanks for listening and responding to your user community.

• Jarek Rydz
    Jarek Rydz Posts: 7
    edited December 2021 #10

@Inês Batata Is it known yet exactly when you will launch aliases? and for which plans it will be available?

• Andrew Klotz
    edited December 2021 #11

@Inês Batata  wanted to check in and see how things are coming along in this area? Do you need any beta testers?

• Rubidium Web
    Rubidium Web Posts: 3
    edited December 2021 #12

@Inês Batata It looks like we are in Q4... Any update on this ?

• Inês Batata
    edited February 25 #13

Hi everyone and apologies for the radio silence in this thread 🙏🏻

I bring good news, though: emails aliases are live, learn all about them here.

This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

• Andrew Klotz
    edited December 2021 #14

Hi everyone and apologies for the radio silence in this thread 🙏🏻

I bring good news, though: emails aliases are live, learn all about them here.

This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

Hi @Inês Batata ,

I see that I can change my sender name in Pipedrive, to something different than what is set up through Gmail. So if I add my name "Andrew" it will send as "Andrew [email protected]", using the email address of the PD account.

Within "Personal Preferences" can I change the email address to a domain alias that I use (such as [email protected]), so that emails send from that address instead of from the primary domain? Will this cause any issues with the email tracking, pipedrive BCC, logins, etc?

The reason I'm asking is because I mainly send from the domain alias instead of the primary domain, but the primary domain is the Google account I use to login to PD.

Thanks,

Andrew

• Rob_69700
    Rob_69700 Posts: 2
    edited February 8 #15

The link no longer works

• Hi @Inês Batata

Just checking in on our favourite topic: email aliases. Any updates on this being released for Pipedrivers? Is it available as an enterprise feature?

Thanks