Checklist integration

Brad_1685
Brad_1685 Member Posts: 3 VERIFIED MEMBER

Hello, I think it would be very helpful to add a checklist feature (with use of templates) alongside the notes/emails/activities/files tabs. Ideally the checklists could be pinned to the top. And checklist templates would make this amazing for me. 

4 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,063 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 5 Answers
    edited February 2022 #2

Thanks for sharing @Brad so you mean like a set of tasks that you'd need to do on the deal/person/org? Can you explain to me a bit more in detail why this would help you more than for example adding task type of activities? 

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 349 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Up Votes 100 Comments 25 Likes
    edited February 2022 #3

@Brad Maybe the automation will do the job. For one of our customers we created one which fills in some fields in the notes of an activity. You even can use HTML:

This will create an activity which looks like a check list:

Will this do the job for the moment? Besides that: Many of our customers would need a checklist functionality as well :-)

• Brad_1685
    edited February 2021 #4

Thanks for sharing @Brad so you mean like a set of tasks that you'd need to do on the deal/person/org? Can you explain to me a bit more in detail why this would help you more than for example adding task type of activities? 

Hi Mike. Absolutely, I am a mortgage broker so a mortgage application moves through the stages depending on the status of the deal. Independent of the deal stage we need to work through conditions on the deal. I could also see checklists being useful for ensuring standardized deal practices in the company. Anyway for the deal conditions, there are about a dozen categories with about a dozen items in each category. On every deal I need to populate a checklist of documents/conditions pertaining to the deal. Each deal will be different. So ideally there would be checklists to track the status of these items & templates that can be applied for the varied circumstances. Let me know if you have any questions. 

• Brad_1685
    edited April 2020 #5

@Brad Maybe the automation will do the job. For one of our customers we created one which fills in some fields in the notes of an activity. You even can use HTML:

This will create an activity which looks like a check list:

Will this do the job for the moment? Besides that: Many of our customers would need a checklist functionality as well :-)

Thank you for this! This is above me to be honest. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #6

Thanks for clarifying @Brad 

@Joseph Valenti how are you and your clients solving this currently?

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 70 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited April 2020 #7

Most of our mortgage brokers will create automations triggered by changes in stage/status. A large majority of the actions (things that happen in response to triggers) are tasks to be completed at the stage in question. 

• Manu Singh_9874
    Manu Singh_9874 Member Posts: 7 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Second Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #8

@Mike van der Valk Any luck with the checklists? It's a must for our real estate business as well and one of the reasons I was considering leaving pipedrive. Activities don't solve this problem and they clutter your crm. Please provide a status update if Pipedrive has this on the urgent feature list?? Thanks! 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #9

@Mike van der Valk Any luck with the checklists? It's a must for our real estate business as well and one of the reasons I was considering leaving pipedrive. Activities don't solve this problem and they clutter your crm. Please provide a status update if Pipedrive has this on the urgent feature list?? Thanks! 

Hi @Manu Singh 

Our team is aware of this request and hopes to solve it in the future. However, right now there's no immediate plans to work on it, sorry!

• Mark Bryant
    Mark Bryant Member Posts: 6 VERIFIED MEMBER
    edited August 2020 #10

@Bernd Auer I wasn't able to make my HTML look anything other than code when it launches. How did you get it to display?

I thought something like this would be a nice touch!

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_todolist.asp

• Manu Singh_9874
    Manu Singh_9874 Member Posts: 7 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Second Anniversary Photogenic
    edited April 2021 #11

That's too bad, @Mike van der Valk. But thanks for the reply. 

• Stefan Cork
    Stefan Cork Member Posts: 2 VERIFIED MEMBER
    edited February 2022 #12

I too am a mortgage broker and would like this check list function, sort of like Trello has.  Every mortgage is a list of 50 things to do and it is a pain setting this up any other way in pipedrive.

• Paul Linn
    Paul Linn Member Posts: 1 VERIFIED MEMBER
    edited March 2022 #13

Same here, I am a realtor who runs a small team. It would be so awesome if we could have checklists for each deal stage. I dont want to create activities for each deal, just a basic checklist so each team member knows what all steps for each deal of the transaction they have to follow. Right now, I have trello along with paper docs, but I would so much rather use Pipedrive for this... Really shouldn’t be that hard to create. :)

• Mark Panizzon
    Mark Panizzon Member Posts: 2 VERIFIED MEMBER
    edited April 2021 #14

Agree here as well.  Pipedrive, please add checklists, ideally next to the notes, activity, etc section.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2022 #15

Hi @Manu Singh @Mark Bryant @Stefan Cork @Paul Linn and @Mark Panizzon 

I'm Mike and my task is currently to explore "task/project management" in Pipedrive. Checklists is something that pops up a lot.

In case you or someone in your team is managing projects in Pipedrive or along Pipedrive with other solutions please join us in this channel: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/project-management-delivery-management

I hope we can work on solving all your task management needs in the future!

• Administrator_14693
    Administrator_14693 Member Posts: 40 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #16

Hi @Mike Elliott van der Valk,

We too would benefit from such an improvement. Brilliant idea to add net to notes or a submenu to Tasks. The ability to have specific "checklists" one can create as templates such as in email would be perfect. One could make this part of an automation with a particular template based on the Pipedrive and dependencies selected, including in Zapier. Can you please advise of the status of this request? We have a Sport Travel Company and there are specific task lists that must be done within the deal to prepare a participant for travel. 

Best

Regards,

Angelica

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #17

We too would benefit from such an improvement. Brilliant idea to add net to notes or a submenu to Tasks. The ability to have specific "checklists" one can create as templates such as in email would be perfect. One could make this part of an automation with a particular template based on the Pipedrive and dependencies selected, including in Zapier. Can you please advise of the status of this request? We have a Sport Travel Company and there are specific task lists that must be done within the deal to prepare a participant for travel. 

Best

Regards,

Angelica

Hi Angelica / @Administrator 

I can see you requested to join the channel I mentioned up here. You can find my link there and book some time to call with me. I'd love to learn about your use case.

Regarding the status, we're in exploration phase at the moment. If all goes well we can go into solution mode and hopefully we can solve some of your pains with some of the solutions you mentioned but for now we are researching.

• Stefan Cork
    Stefan Cork Member Posts: 2 VERIFIED MEMBER
    edited February 2021 #18

I too am a mortgage broker and would like this check list function, sort of like Trello has.  Every mortgage is a list of 50 things to do and it is a pain setting this up any other way in pipedrive.

I have migrated now to Monday.

• Administrator_14693
    Administrator_14693 Member Posts: 40 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited April 2021 #19

Best

Regards,

Angelica

Hello Mike,

Thank you. I would love to schedule a time. How would I go about setting up an exchange time? I am in EST (I believe 6 hours behind you). I would like to focus on 3 items if possible.

• Integration of a CHECKLIST within the deal
    • Participant(s) query/ filter. Example: Filter ALL participants - for ALL DEALS containing: "PIPEDRIVE FIELDS", (such as product).
    • WHATSAPP Integration: customer Import/export, Groups, Broadcast, email, Text & Calling
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #20

Hi @Stefan Cork 

I'm very sorry to hear that :( 

At the moment I am just starting a research on how Pipedrive could better help with task/project management. I understand you are not our customer anymore but in case you have 20-30 minutes to talk it would be really amazing to learn from you what we can do better. If you'd like to help, then please book some time with me for next week via this link.

To follow our progress further join our closed community channel as well if you'd like.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #21

Best

Regards,

Angelica

Hi @Administrator 

I'm just starting a research on task/project management in Pipedrive. Do you have 20-30 minutes to talk, then please book some time with me for next week via this link.

I can definitely take some notes regarding your other requests and make sure they end up on the desks of the right people in Pipedrive but on the call I'd like to mainly learn about how you manage your tasks/projects if that's okay.

To follow our progress further join our closed community channel as well.

Talk soon 🙏 .

• Phil Cowie
    Phil Cowie Member Posts: 2 VERIFIED MEMBER
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #22

We are a travel business designing custom tours. This would be a really useful feature, I have looked at creating tasks as an automation, but each of our trips requires so many little mini-tasks that it becomes overwhelming for the team due to the amount of space taken up by each activity.

• Amy Zucker
    Amy Zucker Member Posts: 6 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Third Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #23

Yes, Checklists with functional check-boxes (with a template option) is an essential missing feature. Please add this asap. "Activities" is extremely clunky and limiting and is not working for my company at the task level. Activities is more for milestone events.

• Jazmin Poyser
    Jazmin Poyser Member Posts: 20 VERIFIED MEMBER
    10 Comments 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #24

Just adding my up-vote here to Checklists feature.   

We use Process Street checklists, and we link the checklist URL to a Note in the Deal in Pipedrive.   It's obviously inefficient moving between the two (and there's limitations to Process St). Would be a huge value-add for Pipedrive if it had this feature, essentially what Process Street offers, 'in house'. 

We do use Workflow Automations to create a number of Activities as a Deal moves through stages. But this is not visually helpful for the whole team to see the whole checklist of what needs to be done, with work instructions, neatly and visually.  I'll happily show you on a call our Process Street checklists and the visual benefit it provides (tasks on the left hand side, work instructions on on the right, can see who is assigned what, and the order of the tasks).   

A huge limitation of Process St is not being able to edit or add tasks to a Checklist template.   This is where Pipedrive could offer huge point of difference.   Imagine using Workflow Automations to create a Checklist (from a template) at a certain stage, but the user has the ability to edit or add to the Checklist.  Hugely powerful. 

• Amy Zucker
    Amy Zucker Member Posts: 6 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Third Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2021 #25

Just adding my up-vote here to Checklists feature.   

We use Process Street checklists, and we link the checklist URL to a Note in the Deal in Pipedrive.   It's obviously inefficient moving between the two (and there's limitations to Process St). Would be a huge value-add for Pipedrive if it had this feature, essentially what Process Street offers, 'in house'. 

We do use Workflow Automations to create a number of Activities as a Deal moves through stages. But this is not visually helpful for the whole team to see the whole checklist of what needs to be done, with work instructions, neatly and visually.  I'll happily show you on a call our Process Street checklists and the visual benefit it provides (tasks on the left hand side, work instructions on on the right, can see who is assigned what, and the order of the tasks).   

A huge limitation of Process St is not being able to edit or add tasks to a Checklist template.   This is where Pipedrive could offer huge point of difference.   Imagine using Workflow Automations to create a Checklist (from a template) at a certain stage, but the user has the ability to edit or add to the Checklist.  Hugely powerful. 

Jazmin Poyser  Thank you for the suggestion to use Process Street. We're drowning in "details" and could no longer function without a Checklist feature. I agree with all of your points about the problems with Process Street (can't edit or add tasks to a Checklist; you can only edit or add tasks to the Templates) and the inefficiency of toggling back-and-forth between screens or monitors. It would be IDEAL if the Process Street Checklists were embedded IN PipeDrive Deals or Organizations....

• Kristi Humphrey
    Kristi Humphrey Member Posts: 3 VERIFIED MEMBER
    edited March 2022 #26

The lack of a checklist feature is requiring us to toggle back and forth with Trello. Details are being missed. @Mike van der Valk is a CHECKLIST feature in the works yet?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2021 #27

The lack of a checklist feature is requiring us to toggle back and forth with Trello. Details are being missed. @Mike van der Valk is a CHECKLIST feature in the works yet?

Hi @Kristi Humphrey 

We're working on a task/project management tool that's in research phase which will help you out a lot, check it out here:  https://community.pipedrive.com/group/project-management-delivery-management

There's no ETA yet but we're exploring improving that area.

• DayMan
    DayMan Member Posts: 1 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Second Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2022 #28

@Mike van der Valk Any update on this mate?

• Manu Singh_73226
    Manu Singh_73226 Member Posts: 2 VERIFIED MEMBER
    edited March 2022 #29

Yes please update? Everyone is the world uses a checklist

• Manu Singh_73226
    Manu Singh_73226 Member Posts: 2 VERIFIED MEMBER
    edited March 2022 #30

Hi @Manu Singh @Mark Bryant @Stefan Cork @Paul Linn and @Mark Panizzon 

I'm Mike and my task is currently to explore "task/project management" in Pipedrive. Checklists is something that pops up a lot.

In case you or someone in your team is managing projects in Pipedrive or along Pipedrive with other solutions please join us in this channel: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/project-management-delivery-management

I hope we can work on solving all your task management needs in the future!

Any timeline on checklists Mike? I would think this is simple. Pls see nutshell crm

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2022 #31

@Mike van der Valk Any update on this mate?

Hi @James Oakden not necessarily a checklist but a project with your tasks/activities as checks is what we're working on. Check it out here and let me know if you'd like access.