Mailchimp Integration, Tags

Susanne Battegay
Susanne Battegay Member Posts: 5

Mailchimp has been pushing more and more the use of Tags and Segments instead of multiple audiences. It is not possible to select a Tag or a Segment during an export from Mailchimp. When do you plan to update the Pipedrive integration?

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Bob Klein
    Bob Klein Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

@Susanne Battegay 

We built Target Robot - Sync with Sales to sync contacts, companies, deals, and marketing campaigns between SalesCRMs and Mailchimp.  You can find it here in the Pipedrive marketplace.

We bring Pipedrive deals into Mailchimp as both custom events and as tags. We don't automate the creation of segments, but that is something you can do with the deal tags in Mailchimp. 

We might need to know more about what you specifically are trying to accomplish to be certain it is possible.

Please let us know if you would like a demo or to just chat about it.

Thanks,

Bob

Target Robot

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2021 #3

Hi @Susanne Battegay , thank you for your question!

Right now we're focusing on further improving our own tool, Mailigen: it's a powerful email marketing and automation solution that allows you to create email sequences, drip campaigns, email marketing, SMS campaigns, among others. With a native integration that syncs your contacts from Pipedrive, this is a powerful set of tools that bring Sales and Marketing teams together. 

I can also tell you that in the coming months there might be interesting new features coming up in our Workflow Automations, so stay tuned. Sign up for a free trial here and learn more about it in the Support Knowledge Base.

https://pipedrive.hubs.vidyard.com/watch/SLgFmNi4R3GVEXiSQE4KMx

As to the Mailchimp integration, at the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future. 

Speaking of which, here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Susanne Battegay
    edited January 2021 #4
    Bob Klein said:

@Susanne Battegay 

We built Target Robot - Sync with Sales to sync contacts, companies, deals, and marketing campaigns between SalesCRMs and Mailchimp.  You can find it here in the Pipedrive marketplace.

We bring Pipedrive deals into Mailchimp as both custom events and as tags. We don't automate the creation of segments, but that is something you can do with the deal tags in Mailchimp. 

We might need to know more about what you specifically are trying to accomplish to be certain it is possible.

Thanks,

Bob

Target Robot

Dear Bob,

it took us years to build up the mailchimp database and knowhow.

Pipedrive was selected because of its integration with Mailchimp as well, so a change of it is out of question.

Regards

Susanne

• Bob Klein
    Bob Klein Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited January 2021 #5
    Bob Klein said:

@Susanne Battegay 

Thanks,

Bob

Target Robot

@Susanne Battegay 

Sync with Sales was built to integrate Mailchimp and Pipedrive. We were just looking for a way to get sales and marketing on the same page. We are fans of both Mailchimp and Pipedrive, and are not trying to replicate functionality available in either one - just working to get the two better connected. You can see the details in the Pipedrive marketplace

Please let me know if you have any questions about it.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Klein

Target Robot 

• Andrus Purde
    Andrus Purde Member Posts: 122
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #6

Susanne, would you mind sharing your use case in more detail? If I understand correctly you'd to export contacts along with tags and import these into Pipedrive. If the tags are static, I don't know of any good solutions. If however the tags are dynamic (eg people that have opened ot clicked emails) there are some 3rd party integrators (including Outfunnel where I work) that may be able to do that.

• Susanne Battegay
    edited March 2021 #7

Susanne, would you mind sharing your use case in more detail? If I understand correctly you'd to export contacts along with tags and import these into Pipedrive. If the tags are static, I don't know of any good solutions. If however the tags are dynamic (eg people that have opened ot clicked emails) there are some 3rd party integrators (including Outfunnel where I work) that may be able to do that.

Dear Andrus,

Mailchimp has in the past months recommended to use only 1 or 2 audiences subdivided in tags and segments.

Means you have all your clients in 1-2 lists but you can divide them into different subjects for example. Let's say i have 5 products, I should be able to tag the clients in the CRM with the relevant tags (product 1, 3 and 4 for example). Then when I decide to make a mailchimp I select in the CRM all the clients tagged with the product and export to mailchimp selecting the Tag or the Segment.

While you can do this with other CRM's without any problem, with pipedrive you cannot select any segment or tag to be exported directly.

I have now figured out a work around where I export first to excel and then import manually, which is not what we expected when we subscribed to pipedrive and it was sold as with integration with Mailchimp. Now I do not see why I should pay for a 3rd party integrator on top of Pipedrive subscription (which at the end would make it more expesive than an established CRM) nor why I should transmit all my data through a 3rd party integrator which I do not know, nor I know how securely it handles my data.

• Andrus Purde
    edited March 2021 #8

Thank you for the extra info! It's definitely best practice to keep your main database in the CRM, not marketing software.

And I understand your frustration about paying for 3rd party tools. Definitely not ideal, but since they usually cost relatively little, paying a little extra does have a positive ROI if it can reduce your manual work.

I attended Pipedrive's partner webinar recently and learned they will be improving the Mailchimp integration as soon as Q2. Don't know what this will mean exactly but perhaps this will solve your use case.

If you'd like a solution right away, Outfunnel can sync Pipedrive labels or custom fields to Mailchimp custom fields (that you can use when building segments similarly to tags). It also records email engagement back into Pipedrive - making it easier to see which of your leads is more engaged. We've been around for 3+ years, are a top-rated app in the PD marketplace and have many team members (myself included) being ex-Pipedrivers. We're GDPR compliant and know how to take care of customer data. </end of brazen pitch>

• Susanne Battegay
    edited March 2021 #9

Thanks a lot Andrus. While it is not in our plans at the moment, the two way integration surely can add some value.

• Bret Kobel
    Bret Kobel Member Posts: 13
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #10

This is basic functionality.  Exporting a PD filter to MC with a tag so I can send an email to that PD export is fundamental.  If I can't filter the names in MC that I just imported, what's the point?  This is almost useless.

I understand Outfunnel gives me that functionality, but all I need is a tag.  That's it.  Ugh.

• Andrus Purde
    edited September 2021 #11

This is basic functionality.  Exporting a PD filter to MC with a tag so I can send an email to that PD export is fundamental.  If I can't filter the names in MC that I just imported, what's the point?  This is almost useless.

I understand Outfunnel gives me that functionality, but all I need is a tag.  That's it.  Ugh.

Indeed, Outfunnel does this and much more (eg. records email opens, clicks, etc back to Pipedrive). 

PS. Did you hear the big Mailchimp news already? Acquired by Intuit, see here 

• Support_51320
    Support_51320 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #12

Curious what solution you found Susanne. Pipedrive still does not seem to play well with MailChimp and we need exactly the functionality you mentioned here a year ago. Did you find a satisfactory solution?

Thanks a lot 

Josh from Digiseg

• Susanne Battegay
    edited February 2022 #13
    Support said:

Curious what solution you found Susanne. Pipedrive still does not seem to play well with MailChimp and we need exactly the functionality you mentioned here a year ago. Did you find a satisfactory solution?

Thanks a lot 

Josh from Digiseg

i am exporting manually for the moment. Not really something I would like to see from a CRM....

• Andrus Purde
    edited February 2022 #14
    Support said:

Thanks a lot 

Josh from Digiseg

Did you consider 3rd party integration tools? Our Pipedrive-Mailchimp integration is  can sync Pipedrive multi-select or text fields to Mailchimp tags or text fields. Would this help you cut manual work?