Bug when using option fields for automations

Bernd Auer www.pd-experts.com
Bernd Auer www.pd-experts.com Community Driver Posts: 372
100 Comments 25 Up Votes Second Anniversary 5 Likes

Some of our protégés use automations to standardize deal names. They do this by using single (or multiple) option custom fields. In my demo case: "Dealquelle" = source of the deal.

So in this example the workflow changes the deal title like

[Dealquelle]  -  [organisation name]  -  [contact name] 

Works quite well.

If you are adding a single option it doesn't work anymore with the text. Instead, Pipedrive uses the value of the option (I added Pipedrive Webform):

It works when I go back to the automation, open it and resave it. By doing this, everything is fine:

If you know this, you can handle it. But there are situation when not the creator of the workflow ads a new single option. And it is just the creator of the workflow who can access it and re-save it. This can cause serious troubles.

Do you see the urgence of fixing this? I know somebody who needs a project ID for each deal. So there are tons of new values all the time. I have already informed the support about this at least one year ago. Would be great if this works properly soon!

6009b3f0c62639d87774b714_39763.png
6009b470fa20c5c1a8c83f25_79732.png
6009b4f1c3f15be9fe7a6f7d_37509.png
3 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Darek Młodnicki
    Darek Młodnicki Posts: 12
    edited February 25 #2

Confirmed this happens (a lot). I might add that no amount of cookie/cache clearing is going to help here as this is clearly a bug.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,153 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited December 2021 #3

Confirmed this happens (a lot). I might add that no amount of cookie/cache clearing is going to help here as this is clearly a bug.

Hi @Bernd Auer and @Darek Młodnicki , I'm so sorry to hear hear you've been having this inconvenience for long. You did the right thing by reporting it to our Support team.

We've sent this feedback to the team and I'll personally reinforce it with the Product Manager, although I can't promise anything. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers. This one hasn't made the cut yet unfortunately. 

Thank you so much for your clear explanation and your patience.

• Johann Thiem
    Johann Thiem Posts: 1
    Second Anniversary Photogenic
    edited April 14 #4

Happens to me the whole time. Should be fixed as it should save many people time not having to check with the support individually...