Workflow automation: Automatic Reminders

Bastiaan van den Berg
Bastiaan van den Berg Member Posts: 3
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

Hello! 

I've created an workflow automation for a 3 days automatic reminder. Every time we mark an activity as done, it creates a new activity automatically for in 3 days. 

I've configured 3 days, tried with skip weekends and whatnot. Not successful. 

I'd like to implement 3 'business days' as the due date of the activity. So for example, on Thursday I mark it as done, theoretically - Sunday it is due. This is pushed to Monday because of the skip weekends feature. This means there was 1 workday (Friday) in between. When we mark it as done on Friday, the activity will be on Monday still, but I like to achieve Wednesday here. 

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the due date from 'days' to 'business days' on the automatically created activity? 

Thank you in advance!! 

Bastiaan

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2022 #2

Hi @Bastiaan van den Berg !

I'm not sure I understood your question. Is your end goal that each activity is created with a due date that is 3 week days after the previous one was marked as done? The current option "skip weekends" has the same practical effect as "business days".

• Melissa Cassell
    Melissa Cassell Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2021 #3

I'm not sure I understood your question. Is your end goal that each activity is created with a due date that is 3 week days after the previous one was marked as done? The current option "skip weekends" has the same practical effect as "business days".

I have the same issue. Skipping weekends loads up the amount of activities. Skipping weekends counts the weekends as business days. So, scheduling a follow-up for 3 business days after a Friday would mean the follow-up occurs the next Wednesday. "Skipping weekends" still counts the weekend as business days, putting the follow up that Monday. 

It would be helpful to have a feature that only counts "business days" M-F when scheduling activities. 

• Keith Greywood
    Keith Greywood Member Posts: 35
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited September 2021 #4

Yes, we need an action to be taken in '3 business days' so if on Thursday it will be needed on Tuesday the following week, at the moment it sets it as Monday with the 'skip weekends' feature. 

Staff are getting annoyed at this working this way. We want days of the week to be mon-fri counted as days, and weekend skipped and also not counted. 

• Keith Greywood
    Keith Greywood Member Posts: 35
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited September 2021 #5

Yes, I have to agree with this, this is how it should work. A weekend day should not be counted as a working day.

• William Strong
    William Strong Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #6

Hi @Inês Batata , the current implementation does not act as business days. What happens currently is if the due date lands on a weekend, it will set it for Monday. e.g. if you set it for 3 days and select the skip weekends feature, when a workflow is triggered on a Thursday, it will set the due date for Monday instead of Sunday. If the same workflow is triggered on Friday, it will still set the date for Monday and not skip the weekend.  What we are wanting is to ignore weekends in the due date calculation. e.g. if the same workflow was triggered on a Friday, it would set the due date for Wednesday. I have included an excerpt of my support chat where this was confirmed. 

• Was there any change made by pipedrive after this discussion? Or does it still work the same way?

• isan
    isan Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I'm having this same issue right now and was told yesterday that the idea would be forwarded to the Product Development Team.