Let's get started 🚀

Mike van der Valk
Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Let's kick this channel off and build an amazing Project management solution for Pipedrive 🙏🏻

This could mean your solution is what we'll build in Pipedrive or it might work well together with other solutions you're already using.

Please comment/react to this post and tell us who you are, why you decided to join this channel and what you expect from a project management solution by Pipedrive  💪 .

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2022 #2

@Andrew Sloot @Jason Stewart @Bjørn-Henning Opheim @Martin Eckardt @Martin Pecha @Alex Casteels @ilter pak @Boris Tsibelman @Bernd Auer 

Welcome to the channel 🚀

I would love to get to know you all a bit better.
    What are you?
    Why did you decide to join this channel?
    What do you expect from a project management solution by Pipedrive?

Etc..

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi everone, my name is Martin and I am a Market Lead of data-tech SaaS company in pharma industry. 

My role is keep going and pushing business in general as well as forming products on the market.

I have joined this channel as I want to be part of the influencers which affect direction where Pipedrive is heading.
    I use pipedrive a lot, I also do a lot of transformation, automation, integration and individual UI adjustments in Pipedrive as I really like how Pipedrive is opening their interface to developers of other apps in order to boost its usage.

I am also helping a friend to actually develop an app which has its functions only in Pipedrive so the customer does not have to transform any data and use different platforms.

And that leads me to the motivation, that I would love to see some advanced features in project management solution as well.

What am I expecting from project management solution? 

Transparent view of the data and elimination of other additional apps.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #4

Hi everone, my name is Martin and I am a Market Lead of data-tech SaaS company in pharma industry. 

My role is keep going and pushing business in general as well as forming products on the market.

I have joined this channel as I want to be part of the influencers which affect direction where Pipedrive is heading.
    I use pipedrive a lot, I also do a lot of transformation, automation, integration and individual UI adjustments in Pipedrive as I really like how Pipedrive is opening their interface to developers of other apps in order to boost its usage.

I am also helping a friend to actually develop an app which has its functions only in Pipedrive so the customer does not have to transform any data and use different platforms.

And that leads me to the motivation, that I would love to see some advanced features in project management solution as well.

What am I expecting from project management solution? 

Transparent view of the data and elimination of other additional apps.

Welcome @Martin Pecha 🚀

• Bjørn-Henning Opheim
    Bjørn-Henning Opheim Member Posts: 57
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

Hello guys. Nice to be included. My Name is Bjørn, and I work in a company called Prodok. We sell LED screens and AV- equipment like screens, cameras, meeting room solutions and so on. I am not a seller, but technical support and IT support. When I started there, I made the switch from Office 365 to G Suite, and introduced them to Pipedrive. I used Pipedrive in my earlier job, and fell in love with it.

We use a third party app for all our projects today, and I would love to use it in Pipedrive, as I see the potensial. I can tell you about how we work:

1. We have a sale (We of course use Pipedrive for this)
    2. Should go to project management
    3. We order the products (Takes up to 4-5 weeks from China)
    4. We mount or deliver the products for/to the customer
    5. We get the ok from the customer

I am looking forward to be able to shape (a little bit) of the future of Pipedrive.

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #6

Hey guys,

My name is Boris Tsibelman. I am the founder of Axis Consulting.  We help companies utilize & get the most out of their technologies. We have helped dozens of companies roll out & improve utilization of Pipedrive.

I am very familiar & have utilized many project management tools, both past and present.

I have used Salesforce as a PM tool [custom & apps] so can speak first hand to the benefit of having the data inside the CRM.

I think that automation will be a big factor in the success of such functionality in PD. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #7

Hello guys. Nice to be included. My Name is Bjørn, and I work in a company called Prodok. We sell LED screens and AV- equipment like screens, cameras, meeting room solutions and so on. I am not a seller, but technical support and IT support. When I started there, I made the switch from Office 365 to G Suite, and introduced them to Pipedrive. I used Pipedrive in my earlier job, and fell in love with it.

We use a third party app for all our projects today, and I would love to use it in Pipedrive, as I see the potensial. I can tell you about how we work:

1. We have a sale (We of course use Pipedrive for this)
    2. Should go to project management
    3. We order the products (Takes up to 4-5 weeks from China)
    4. We mount or deliver the products for/to the customer
    5. We get the ok from the customer

I am looking forward to be able to shape (a little bit) of the future of Pipedrive.

Hi @Bjørn-Henning Opheim 

Welcome! That sounds like an interesting use case and I'm happy to connect with you all here over the coming weeks to learn more and solve as many of your needs as we can!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #8

Hey guys,

My name is Boris Tsibelman. I am the founder of Axis Consulting.  We help companies utilize & get the most out of their technologies. We have helped dozens of companies roll out & improve utilization of Pipedrive.

I am very familiar & have utilized many project management tools, both past and present.

I have used Salesforce as a PM tool [custom & apps] so can speak first hand to the benefit of having the data inside the CRM.

I think that automation will be a big factor in the success of such functionality in PD. 

Hi @Boris Tsibelman always great to have you on board. Let's connect soon!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #9

@Andrew Sloot @Jason Stewart @Bjørn-Henning Opheim @Martin Eckardt @Martin Pecha @Alex Casteels @ilter pak @Boris Tsibelman @Bernd Auer 

Welcome to the channel 🚀

What are you?

Etc..

@Phil TestRed @Jazmin Poyser @Anish Patel @Robert Hald welcome as well. When you have a moment please introduce yourself and answer the questions up here 🙏🏻.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #10

Welcome to the channel 🚀

What are you?

Etc..

@Keely Biggs tagging you here as well as new member of the group!

• Anish Patel
    Anish Patel Member Posts: 22
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #11

I'm a field sales rep for an IT software company, and I work in a territory that has some nuance that requires sales to guide the BU/Marketing teams on content, deliverables and post-sales customer engagement. So, I primarily use PD to track open sales opportunities but, I'd like to be able to separately tag/track activity that is more "project."

My use cases:

1. As I plan my new Fiscal Year sales strategy, I know I need my company to develop collateral for my industry priorities -- let's say "cybersecurity" as one example.  I would like to be able to track a project that helps me coordinate and keep track of the tasks I have assigned to folks (to people who do NOT have/use Pipedrive) who are developing content for me.  These would be internal marketing teams, external consultants/contractors, early adoptions customers, etc.

2. I may have a post-sale effort with a customer that my delivery team is leading and I need to have some structure to tracking it because I can only upsell once the currently sold product is deployed.  I'd like to be able to track these activities as a post-sales Project effort.  In my case, I'd love for Pipedrive to provide some templates/structure for tracking this.  Since I'm not a PM by trade, I don't need the depth of capability that others in this group might.

So, I'm not sure these fall into true "project management" scenarios, but I'd certainly like to contribute here if these are valid use cases for the Pipedrive team developing this functionality!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #12

I'm a field sales rep for an IT software company, and I work in a territory that has some nuance that requires sales to guide the BU/Marketing teams on content, deliverables and post-sales customer engagement. So, I primarily use PD to track open sales opportunities but, I'd like to be able to separately tag/track activity that is more "project."

My use cases:

1. As I plan my new Fiscal Year sales strategy, I know I need my company to develop collateral for my industry priorities -- let's say "cybersecurity" as one example.  I would like to be able to track a project that helps me coordinate and keep track of the tasks I have assigned to folks (to people who do NOT have/use Pipedrive) who are developing content for me.  These would be internal marketing teams, external consultants/contractors, early adoptions customers, etc.

2. I may have a post-sale effort with a customer that my delivery team is leading and I need to have some structure to tracking it because I can only upsell once the currently sold product is deployed.  I'd like to be able to track these activities as a post-sales Project effort.  In my case, I'd love for Pipedrive to provide some templates/structure for tracking this.  Since I'm not a PM by trade, I don't need the depth of capability that others in this group might.

So, I'm not sure these fall into true "project management" scenarios, but I'd certainly like to contribute here if these are valid use cases for the Pipedrive team developing this functionality!

Hi @Anish Patel thanks for sharing your use case with us! It looks like something we aim to tackle in the future!

• Philipp Riederle
    Philipp Riederle Member Posts: 21
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #13

Hi, i am Phil and I am running a consultancy/training company.

We are not yet using Pipedrive in our productive day-to-day business, but we are planning the migration in the moment. Currently we use Marketcircle Daylite. Project Management is integrated in our current solution and is one reason why we have not yet switch to Pipedrive. 

As features for us would be important:

• Linking multiple Companies / People to a deal, with the option to select roles for that specific deal (e.g. Company A in role "Client", Company B in role "Agency", Company C in role "Catering").
    • Checklists for recurring tasks, ideally with subtasks.
    • Additional status options, besides Lost & Won: Running & Done.

Happy to help with my perspective!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #14

Hi, i am Phil and I am running a consultancy/training company.

We are not yet using Pipedrive in our productive day-to-day business, but we are planning the migration in the moment. Currently we use Marketcircle Daylite. Project Management is integrated in our current solution and is one reason why we have not yet switch to Pipedrive. 

As features for us would be important:

• Linking multiple Companies / People to a deal, with the option to select roles for that specific deal (e.g. Company A in role "Client", Company B in role "Agency", Company C in role "Catering").
    • Checklists for recurring tasks, ideally with subtasks.
    • Additional status options, besides Lost & Won: Running & Done.

Happy to help with my perspective!

Hi @Phil TestRed welcome! Will check out Daylite as well, thanks!

• Martin Pfeiffer
    Martin Pfeiffer Member Posts: 29
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #15

Hey everyone,  i am Martin, owner of a Photography/Video Production Company. And with that in mind serving clients of all sorts of scale and industries. 

PD is great for our Sales Pipelines and we make use of the same functionality to push through all won projects via an extra production pipeline. Beauty for us is that we see all running jobs and their basic status in one place. For example if we recognize that our post-production stage will get very busy we can react ahead of time.

The Production Pipeline is very complex and some early stages have lots of sub-tasks which are required to be fulfilled prior moving to the next stage. The real issues for us is that we do not have any sub-tasks available like Asana offers and we only add those to dos into an automated Task Notes Field via automation. Creating individual tasks would totally overload PD and such tasks should be kept inside the deal maybe under a different feature name = checklist or similar so it distinguishes well from tasks in general.

But what we would love to see is:

• Bookings + details / Call Time / Team Schedules / assigned Team Members / contact person
    • publish multiple customizable Calendar Subscription via .ics (so I can choose exactly which information are published on that calendar feed and which not)
    • Sub-Tasks = Checklist
    • Task Dependencies to specific Stages / to other tasks / to deadlines or dates + times / people / custom fields ...
    • most important that automation around PM is the key to customization so that people from all sorts of industries can apply their best practises to their workflow optimization

Thx and pls feel free to reach out anytime for clarification of our use case scenarios.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #16

Hey everyone,  i am Martin, owner of a Photography/Video Production Company. And with that in mind serving clients of all sorts of scale and industries. 

PD is great for our Sales Pipelines and we make use of the same functionality to push through all won projects via an extra production pipeline. Beauty for us is that we see all running jobs and their basic status in one place. For example if we recognize that our post-production stage will get very busy we can react ahead of time.

The Production Pipeline is very complex and some early stages have lots of sub-tasks which are required to be fulfilled prior moving to the next stage. The real issues for us is that we do not have any sub-tasks available like Asana offers and we only add those to dos into an automated Task Notes Field via automation. Creating individual tasks would totally overload PD and such tasks should be kept inside the deal maybe under a different feature name = checklist or similar so it distinguishes well from tasks in general.

But what we would love to see is:

• Bookings + details / Call Time / Team Schedules / assigned Team Members / contact person
    • publish multiple customizable Calendar Subscription via .ics (so I can choose exactly which information are published on that calendar feed and which not)
    • Sub-Tasks = Checklist
    • Task Dependencies to specific Stages / to other tasks / to deadlines or dates + times / people / custom fields ...
    • most important that automation around PM is the key to customization so that people from all sorts of industries can apply their best practises to their workflow optimization

Thx and pls feel free to reach out anytime for clarification of our use case scenarios.

Hi @Martin Pfeiffer welcome! Would be great to connect: https://calendly.com/mike-vandervalk/30min

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2022 #17

Welcome @Luke Rooney and @Jeremy Gulley tell us a bit about yourself please :) 

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    Jeremy Gulley_11062 Member Posts: 80
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Solution Provider
    edited October 2021 #18

Thanks @Mike van der Valk ,

I'm a consultant that mainly focuses on drone detection and mitigation solutions but, this drags me into the world of all sorts of cloud based systems. Pipedrive has been a vital tool to help many clients while having the power to scale. I've been working with the platform around 6 months and keep finding different ways to improve the functionality! Overall I'm a huge fan.

Love the idea of including project management as currently we're pushing out to Trello for this aspect of the business. As Pipedrive already has a similar set up, I can see this being a huge win. 

Happy to discuss any thoughts or bounce ideas and excited to be a part of the solution!   

• Luke Rooney
    Luke Rooney Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited October 2021 #19

Thanks also @Mike van der Valk 

We sell property with development potential.

Pipedrive has been working well for us for 3 years to track the sales deal flow but am holding off on a 3rd party management tool and am excited that pipedrive is considering these upgrades.

Now that we are starting to get the sales, it is the project management that is going to track the post sale workflows (which are often not linear), which encompass highly detailed steps/processes revolving around legal contracts and managing multiple parties (buyers, sellers, lawyers, internal team etc. ) all the way from going to contract to settling the contract & getting paid.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #20

Welcome both @Jeremy Gulley and @Luke Rooney  looking forward to connect with you, find some time here please: https://calendly.com/mike-vandervalk/30min

In case it doesn't work like I know you said @Jeremy Gulley send me your own availability and I can be flexible :) 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #21

Hi @Mark Bryant looking forward to get to know you and how project management in Pipedrive can brighten your day!