Automated Workflow Issue

In trying to set up an automated workflow when a deal is won, we'd like to be able to create an activity that will remind us to contact a client in four years when their next campaign cycle is due but the farthest out you can set up an activity in the automated workflow is two years. It would be great to be able to set an activity beyond two years. Now we have to manually create activities.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Steffen Hepp
    Steffen Hepp Posts: 36
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments Photogenic
    edited February 2021 #2

Dear Karen,

this works perfectly with the workflows. Within our company we had some help from @Bernd Auer  -> you can contact him directly [email protected] He has a lot of knowledge on pipedrive and can easily help you with the  implementation.

Best regards,

Steffen

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited February 25 #3

Thank you for the feedback @Karen Long , we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

I suggest you take a look at the integration platforms available in our marketplace, as they allow you to transfer and manipulate data outside the scope of our own native features. 

Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • 🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

• Karen Long
    Karen Long Posts: 6
    edited February 2021 #4

Thank you for the feedback @Karen Long , we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

I suggest you take a look at the integration platforms available in our marketplace, as they allow you to transfer and manipulate data outside the scope of our own native features. 

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

Thank you for the suggestion, Ines. Please don't take offense to this, but having to use an integration platform for something so simple seems a little superfluous. It seems if you can set an activity date on the organization level to whatever year in the future, the automated workflow should follow suit. Only being allowed to set an activity out for two years in the automated workflow doesn't seem very logical. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited February 2021 #5

No offense taken @Karen Long , we appreciate your honest feedback :)

From the use case research we did when building this feature, 2 years into the future came up as a far enough into the future time span. 

In fact, we're about to revamp Workflow Automations and are accepting volunteers to help us beta test, I think you might be a good candidate - enrol here.

• Karen Long
    Karen Long Posts: 6
    edited February 2021 #6

Thank you for the invitation! I'd love to be a part of this group. I've gone ahead and submitted a request to join.