Custom Reports

Bill Barczy
Bill Barczy Member Posts: 3
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I have 3 categories of customer. Let's say Football, Baseball and Hockey. Within each category I have sub categories, let's say Bears, Packers, Vikings. I want to run reports of projected revenue in each category as well as each sub category. So I want to run  a report of how much revenue I am generating from each NFL team (Sub Category) as well as Football (Category) all together. How do I do this???

Thanks,

Bill

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #2

I'm thinking the objective here is "All Together" and that you have the categories all set up in pipedrive already. You would create your reports by category and sub category then you would consolidate those reports by dragging them into a dashboard. That dashboard would serve as your consolidated 'report'. Maximum 25 reports per dashboard. Professional plan and above is required to use custom detail fields in reports. Professional plan and above is required to create more than one dashboard per user. 

I'm hoping this helps?

• Bill Barczy
    edited February 2022 #3

Thank you for the response. I like the part about dragging into my Dashboard. Now If I could just figure out how to make Categories and Sub Categories one of my filters. I made them Important Fields and they show up in individual deals, Pipedrive just won't let me sort by category and/or they don't show up in the list of Filters/Conditions I can add. I am sure it's likely user error but it's driving me crazy. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #4

Thank you for the response. I like the part about dragging into my Dashboard. Now If I could just figure out how to make Categories and Sub Categories one of my filters. I made them Important Fields and they show up in individual deals, Pipedrive just won't let me sort by category and/or they don't show up in the list of Filters/Conditions I can add. I am sure it's likely user error but it's driving me crazy. 

Don't be so sure it is user error here. If you are on the professional plan and your custom fields are not displaying as options in reports contact customer support. I just had that issue a few days ago. We are on the professional trial and custom fields were not being displayed and it turned out to be a back end bug. Two things you should usually try first because support will always have you try them. 1. Try switching to incogneto mode in chrome to see if that clears up the issue. 2. clear the cache in your browser and try again. In my case that didn't fix the problem of the fields not displaying as options in reports.

• Bill Barczy
    edited January 2021 #5

I appreciate the thought as we too are on the professional plan. It would make sense if it was a bug as there is no logical reason. Thank you again Brad.

Bill