Can't Use Autocomplete Custom Field Type to Segment

Options
Mario from RoostUp
Mario from RoostUp Member Posts: 4
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I am trying to create a performance report for our dashboard using a custom segment, but apparently this field was created as an Autocomplete type. Not sure what that is (I didn't set this up), but it seems that you cannot segment by a custom field of this type. https://www.screencast.com/t/r1PQV5yUe

Before I change the field type to one that can be segmented, can anyone explain what the rationale would be to use this autocomplete field type? We have many automations set up so understanding the implications of making this change would be helpful so that I don't break anything. (wishful thinking!) 

Thanks!

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #2
    Options

Hi @Mario Ricciardelli 

An autocomplete field is just used to while typing give you options of previously filled values. You'd use that if single- or multiple option fields would get too many values.

You can't unfortunately change the type of a field. You'd need to create a new field with the right type and migrate the data in it. This will also affect your automations and other set ups that are still with the old field. These now need to be edited to use the new field.

Hope it helps.