number formatting

Ann Hamilton
Ann Hamilton Member Posts: 6
5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

When a custom number field is utilized one should be able to format it to show thousand designator comma

currently 111909 looks like this

needs to look like this 111,909

Tagged:
5 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited June 2022 #2

Thanks for sharing @Ann Hamilton I've passed it on to our team

• Robert Winsloe
    Robert Winsloe Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2021 #3

How do you format a number as a percentage (%)?

• Nicholas Piaskoski
    Nicholas Piaskoski Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #4

Thanks for sharing @Ann Hamilton I've passed it on to our team

Any updates to be shared on this one?

• Terra Office
    Terra Office Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment

Showing customer number fields with commas is very important, please add

• MC
    MC Member Posts: 61
    5 Likes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2023 #6

@Robert Winsloe did you get an answer to your question, "How do you format a number as a percentage (%)?" as I am wondering precisely the same thing. I want to be able to merge into emails a percentage (e.g. 20%) and this field is also used in other Formula fields. Currently, the only way I can see of having it as a useful field for Formula fields is to enter (in this 20% example) it as .2, but I need it to be shown in the emails as 20%.

@Mike van der Valk is there a plan to improve this number formatting? Is it in the roadmap? This is a fairly basic requirement for sales comms, to be able to mention percentages.

In the interim Mike, do you have a suggested workaround? All I can think of (and this is awful and clunky) is for us to have two fields, e.g. one field called "Return as a value" (the field where .2 would be entered) and another field, "Return as display %" (the field where 20% would be entered, so that it can be inserted in correct format into emails. This would obviously be prone to error where the two fields didn't have matching values (e.g. .2 and 25%).

Please improve this! 🙏

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs

Hi @MC and others here,

I believe this feature we released this year should do the trick here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/custom-fields-formula-fields

As you read the article you can make calculations between fields. So you can calculate the Percentage in another field that you for example call "Commission %" where you can then calculate the number

Hope it helps 🚀

• MC
    MC Member Posts: 61
    5 Likes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Thanks for your reply @Mike van der Valk. I have since implemented the solution you're suggesting but then was shocked / bitterly disappointed to find out that an account is limited to having only 5 formula fields. That makes this workaround unfeasible because it chews up precious formula fields that are best used elsewhere (for useful / value adding calcs). The easiest fix (best solution for users) is for Pipedrive to add a Percentage field type.

I have expressed my dismay at this 5 Formula field limit here: When will more than 5 formula fields be available?