Please allow us to sort the Kanban view

Outbound
Outbound Member Posts: 3
5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

As I understand it from this post, the Kanban columns are auto-sorted by activity.

But that creates a problem for me that ultimately wastes my time and energy.

Too often, I'm waiting for events to happen over a few days - as a result, it's impossible to remember 'last activity' - and I spend an inordinate amount of time scrolling up and down to find the deal name (since they're not sorted even by name)

Yes, I can search, but it's an extra step.

I've also tried to set filters but it creates it's own problems

1. You end up with a whole bunch and then have to spend time deleting/editing them
  2. You forget there's a filter - as is what happened today - and leads to anxiety.

RESULT:

Today, instead of diving in and getting work done, I spent about 15-20 minutes on 'managing Pipedrive UI' - editing filters, setting up views

You'd probably agree that's not what the core philosophy of Pipedrive is :)

So please, give us some basic ways to sort the Kanban view - Alphabetical - and ideally by a field of our choosing.

Thanks for listening.

11 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Martin Pfeiffer
    Martin Pfeiffer Member Posts: 29
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2022 #2
    Do you need sorting (A-Z; Z-A; newest; oldest, ...) or drag sort options of within individual pipeline stages for Deals / Pipeline View?
  • Martin Eckardt
    Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2023 #3

Sorting by deal value would be great

• Vanesa Allonca
    Vanesa Allonca Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #4
    This feature is long overdue! Sorting by deal would be quite useful.
  • Martin Pfeiffer
    Martin Pfeiffer Member Posts: 29
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2022 #5

I would like to be able to manually sort via drag and drop my deals inside a specific deal stage to keep the most important once on top. 

Is there a similar feature in the making?

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2023 #6

I know some people that would like that option. 

• Paul Wood_29660
    Paul Wood_29660 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #7

I agree. Its actually a serious oversight.

Deals in each stage should have a variety of sorting options IMO. If you have rotting deals they should appear at the top. If you have high dollar deals they should also take priority. Manually moving them around is also needed as there might be two deals that are somewhat related to each other so moving them next to each other should be available. Please upvote this one

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited August 2023 #8

Hi @Martin Pfeiffer and others, thanks for writing here. I'm going to make sure these comments get in front of the eyes of our Pipeline team ;) 

• Peter Birch
    Peter Birch Member Posts: 12
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2023 #9

+ 1 for this - I have wanted this for a long time... I am so surprised it's not a feature as yet! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Indie Campers
    Indie Campers Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #10

Hello,

Every time I import new deals to my pipeline they always gain priority over the ones already there. 
    The existing ones move to the end of the list on the Pipeline view. 
    Is there a way to change this? Meaning, for the deals that are the for the longest to show up first in the pipeline view? 

Thank you 

• Moshe Miller
    Moshe Miller Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #11

Hi @Martin Pfeiffer and others, thanks for writing here. I'm going to make sure these comments get in front of the eyes of our Pipeline team ;) 

any update regarding this feature?  or has anyone found a workaround solution?

• Travis Waycott
    Travis Waycott Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited August 2023 #12

Surely this would be quite easy to do.  Even if you could sort by name/oldest rotting date/deal start date/deal value etc.  Sooooooo many options.

• Ivanna Granelli
    Ivanna Granelli Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #13

when is this feature coming - I need to sort alphabetically at least!!

• Christian Aymé
    Christian Aymé Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #14

when deals are listed, won deals appear first whereas fresher deals would be more useful and directly accessible i.e. when attaching a deal to an incoming email.

• John_54441
    John_54441 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #15

Simply echoing others in that I can't believe sorting deals within a stage was not in the alpha version.  Overall this is a great tool, but come on, that's basic.

• David Piercy
    David Piercy Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited August 2023 #16

Yes please - my team really needs this!

• Òscar_73262
    Òscar_73262 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #17

Moreover, I'd like to sort them cause "last note added" date also

• Kai Ren
    Kai Ren Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #18

Any updates?

• John Neal
    John Neal Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #19

There is a workaround if you want to take the time to move each deal.  You can drag a deal to an adjacent stage and then drag it back to the bottom of the stage you are reordering.  So drag the deal you want to be at the top to the bottom of the stage and drag the next deal back and forth to the bottom and so on until you have reordered the deals in the stage.  One caveat, I don't know if Pipedrive will reorder the deals as you add scheduled activities.  So far, it has not reordered my deals by activity dates.

• Felix Brumme
    Felix Brumme Member Posts: 28
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes

@Outbound: Could you briefly explain the term Kanban view in your opening post for all those who don't know what it means. In our company we have always called it pipeline view. 

I am also in favor of this proposal. In our company, it is not so much the time of the activities that is important, but much more a date field that is inside the deal. 

An option to sort by name or a specific field would be very useful. 

(Of course it would be even better if a manual sorting would be allowed, but an automatic sorting is probably faster to implement).

• Outbound
    Outbound Member Posts: 3
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

Thank you so much for adding your voice @Felix Brumme

We're talking the same view where you have cards organized by column - Airtable & Trello call it the Kanban view - but yes here it acts as the Pipeline view

A draggable manual option would be the best, but currently I'll take something other than the default / only sort.

• Scott Lowry
    Scott Lowry Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

I agree with @Outbound...trying to find a specific deal in this format is frustrating and waste of time. I am truly surprised that being able to sort by either name or other data field isn't available already.

• Mathias Brask
    Mathias Brask Member Posts: 51
    Photogenic 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

@Outbound you are absolutely right!

Trello is doing an amazing job on this topic, regards to their workflow and sorting. They have kept the system simple and effective.

Would be great to have some of the same filters/workflows from trello, implemented in the workflows of Pipedrive.

• Zac_52452
    Zac_52452 Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited August 2023 #24

@Martin Eckardt , @Vanesa Allonca , @Òscar_73262 Hey guys - could you all vote on this suggestion so that we can elevate this in the feature requests? Thanks!

• Zac_52452
    Zac_52452 Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Hi Guys - I just did a quick search in the discussions/feedback, and there a many threads that mention sorting of Deals in the pipeline view. Here is a quick list that I could find in a 10-minute search. There has been continued interest in this for several years...

I know that sorting of deals is available in the List view, but I think many of us would find it helpful in the Pipeline view also...

Hey @Inês Batata 👋

Sorting in Pipedrive

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/comment/31328#Comment_31328

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/4625/manual-sort-deals-within-a-deal-stage

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/6647/sort-fresher-deals-first

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/comment/32680#Comment_32680

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/comment/9922#Comment_9922

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/7781/how-to-clean-up-deals-in-pipedrive

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/5308/sort-deals-on-pipeline-view-from-the-oldest-to-the-most-recent

• Ramon_899
    Ramon_899 Member Posts: 16
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited August 2023 #26

When this feature will be real? Last time I am not using too much Pipedrive because the important deals are located at the bottom, I don't see them and I prefer to write down in a paper to remember them.. sad but this is the situation..

• Adrian King
    Adrian King Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2023 #27

This is an essential feature. Please add this.

It would make it much easier for me to track and prioritise my deals and I would use Pipedrive so much more if this was included.

• benh
    benh Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Just here to see how to sort projects by name and surprised there are no sorting features available. Our teams could really use this, all day, everyday.