Product set to inactive in a deal

Options
Brad Krause_13404
Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
5 Up Votes First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I noticed on the web version its possible to uncheck products to have them set as inactive. But it doesn't appear that is possible using the phone app. Is that the case or am I missing something on the app that would allow products to be unchecked. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Wondering if you can be of assistance. 

Looking at using the products feature in a less than conventional way. Currently deals get passed to an estimator for the creation of a proposal. What the estimator is to include in the proposal is defined in our deal details. We have a substantial list of services. So the details pane is long, too long. Was thinking maybe we could use the products to communicate that to the estimator. But we would need to override with just entering a total price for the combined services. 

Some of what we communicate to the estimator requires frequencies. 24 mows, 4 lawn apps, etc. 

I see it is possible to override the product in the web interface but is it possible on the mobile app? I'm not seeing any checkboxes like I see on web. 

I noticed that making all the products inactive allows us to enter our own total price. 

Your thoughts on this?

• Clarissa Silvino
    Clarissa Silvino Pipedrive Team Posts: 80 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited January 2021 #3
    Options

Looking at using the products feature in a less than conventional way. Currently deals get passed to an estimator for the creation of a proposal. What the estimator is to include in the proposal is defined in our deal details. We have a substantial list of services. So the details pane is long, too long. Was thinking maybe we could use the products to communicate that to the estimator. But we would need to override with just entering a total price for the combined services. 

Some of what we communicate to the estimator requires frequencies. 24 mows, 4 lawn apps, etc. 

I see it is possible to override the product in the web interface but is it possible on the mobile app? I'm not seeing any checkboxes like I see on web. 

I noticed that making all the products inactive allows us to enter our own total price. 

Your thoughts on this?

Hey @Brad Krause, trust to find you well.

I'm no Mike, but was taking a look at what you're saying and I believe it is expected behaviour to not to have this possibility within the mobile app. Our product team has decided to make the mobile app a bit simpler than the web version, in order to have a better usability so not all it's possible on both for the moment. Your feedback, on the other hand, it's highly appreciated as I understand why this would be hand. I'll be passing it along.

If more help is needed, feel free to reach out to our Support team as I'm sure they'll ty their best in order to assist you.

Meanwhile, have a great day.

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #4
    Options

Your thoughts on this?

I kinda thought that was the case and I can appreciate more limited functionality in the app to maintain a great user experience. feature bloat can cause for confusion and a less than great experience. Thank you for taking the time to give me your input @Clarissa Silvino 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

I'm wondering, can an automation be used to mark products as inactive in a given deal? if a specific type of activity is marked as complete in that deal can the products associated with the deal be set as inactive? 

• Clarissa Silvino
    Clarissa Silvino Pipedrive Team Posts: 80 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited January 2021 #6
    Options

I'm wondering, can an automation be used to mark products as inactive in a given deal? if a specific type of activity is marked as complete in that deal can the products associated with the deal be set as inactive? 

That would be a great workaround, @Brad Krause, but I was testing this on my end and I'm afraid we only have the option to add a new product to a deal for the moment: https://sharing.pipedrive.com/gjoU2C - which is even a new possibility. That to say we're always listening to our customers, so I do believe this will be taken into consideration too.

For the moment, if you don't mind, I believe this can be done through Zapier - although I would say it is better to check with their Support. I'm no Zapier expert, but as far as I know, this would be possible and I hope it can be a solution for you for the moment.

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

Im playing around with the products. Add some in to see if its an option for what I described above. Do regular users see the products tab in the left sidebar? Are they able to add product or can that be restricted/ prevented? 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #8
    Options

video cannot load.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited January 2021 #9
    Options

Im playing around with the products. Add some in to see if its an option for what I described above. Do regular users see the products tab in the left sidebar? Are they able to add product or can that be restricted/ prevented? 

@Brad Krause I can see that my amazing colleague @Clarissa Silvino has already helped you a lot. I just checked and confirm the video you mention below can't load for me either, passed it on to our team to fix!

Regarding product permissions for regular users, check this out: