New: Automate your Leads with Workflow Automation 🤖

Options
Inês Batata
Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
edited July 2022 in What's New #1
Example of possible Lead automation workflow

What?

Set up automated processes for your Leads, like engagement and qualification, as well as making sure you convert your Leads to Deals or archive them, free of manual admin work.

For whom?

Advanced plan and higher

How does it work?

You can now use Lead-related triggers and actions in Workflow Automations, and of course, workflow automation templates to help you get started!

Triggers:

• Lead created  |  Lead updated  |  Lead deleted

Actions:

• Create Lead  |  Update Lead  |  Delete Lead |  Duplicate Lead
  • Convert Lead to Deal  |  Convert Deal to Lead

🧠 Learn all about Workflow Automations: 

🔔 Follow the What’s New topic to get notified about all new release announcements.

72265_Screen_Capture_on_2021-01-26_at_11-51-52.gif

Comments

• Philip Devine
    Philip Devine Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

This is a really cool feature!  I've set up an automated work flow and haven't been successful in testing it.  The idea is the all of the follow up activities/tasks are created when a new lead is imported.

How I tested it: imported a spreadsheet with my personal email/info via the "Leads" tab.

The details of the automation:

Trigger: lead created if "has next activity is empty" or  "has next activity is false".

Action: Send an email on the same day, and create activities with staggered due dates (see screenshot below).

I'm sure there's some user error on my end - when on the same day will  the email be sent and the activities be created?

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2021 #3
    Options

This is a really cool feature!  I've set up an automated work flow and haven't been successful in testing it.  The idea is the all of the follow up activities/tasks are created when a new lead is imported.

How I tested it: imported a spreadsheet with my personal email/info via the "Leads" tab.

The details of the automation:

Trigger: lead created if "has next activity is empty" or  "has next activity is false".

Action: Send an email on the same day, and create activities with staggered due dates (see screenshot below).

I'm sure there's some user error on my end - when on the same day will  the email be sent and the activities be created?

Happy to hear you're excited about this new release @Philip Devine !

At the moment all the actions in an Workflow Automation happen immediately as the trigger is fired - not sequentially. To reach that effect, you might need to create separate Workflow automations. For more on this, please reach out to our Support team and they will help you.

The good news is, in the future automations will allow for timed sequences and we're currently inviting beta testers to let us know what they think about what we've built so far - enrol here.

This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.