Possibility to add external web link to Pipedrive users

Options
Torbjörn Johansson
Torbjörn Johansson Member Posts: 118
First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Likes

I would like to have the possibility to add external web link to Pipedrive users to reach gamification scoreborads for each user.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Torbjörn Johansson 

I'd love to pass on the feedback but not sure if I'm a 100% following you, could you elaborate please?

• Torbjörn Johansson
    edited February 2021 #3
    Options

Hi @Torbjörn Johansson 

I'd love to pass on the feedback but not sure if I'm a 100% following you, could you elaborate please?

Hi @Mike van der Valk ,

In Pipedrive it is possible to add custom fields for Contacts, Organizations and Deals that could include links to web sites. What I am lacking is to include custom fields (that could be links) for Pipedrive Users in their profile. Then I can add a personal gamification scorecard to each Pipedrive user. Understandable?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #4
    Options

Hi @Torbjörn Johansson 

You could use a text type of custom field. A link in there will automatically hyperlink to it

• Torbjörn Johansson
    edited February 2021 #5
    Options

Hi @Torbjörn Johansson 

Yes, but the link correspond to the Pipedrive USERs not customers, deals or contacs.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #6
    Options

Hi @Torbjörn Johansson 

Okay, so in that case you can best use our API and pull userID's and other user information so this can be used on any external gamification scoreboards. We also have marketplace apps that do similar things.

• Torbjörn Johansson
    edited February 2021 #7
    Options

Hi @Torbjörn Johansson 

Hi, thanks for your reply. I use Pointagram as gamification tool that is integrated with Pipedrive BUT I want the sales guys in Pipedrive to have the possibility to click on the link inside Pipedrive to reach Pointagram, not have to leave Pipedrive to login to Pointagram.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #8
    Options

Hi @Torbjörn Johansson 

Okay so in this case perhaps Pointgram has an idea what URL to use for that.. the URL should work in a text type field..

• Torbjörn Johansson
    edited February 2021 #9
    Options

Hi @Torbjörn Johansson 

I have a link from Pointagram but nowhere to put it in Pipedrive.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #10
    Options

Hi @Torbjörn Johansson 

Perhaps I'm totally misunderstanding it @Torbjörn Johansson but you can create a custom text type of field called Pointagram and just drop the link in there right? Perhaps chat with our support because I'm not a 100% sure I'm following you, sorry!

• Torbjörn Johansson
    edited February 2021 #11
    Options

Hi @Torbjörn Johansson 

I want create a link in Pipedrive to reach Pointagram but it is NOT connected to Leads, Deals, Contacts, Organizations or Products. It is connected to Pipedrive users and for them I can not create any link. If yes, where?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #12
    Options

Hi @Torbjörn Johansson 

@Torbjörn Johansson now I finally got it, thank for clarifying and being patient with me. Unfortunately there's no place to put those general links in Pipedrive right now. 

I checked out the pointagram documentation but can't find much else there. I'd recommend reaching out to them perhaps there are more of their customers who want this and they can offer some add-on or something to open it up.. also they can perhaps use Pipedrive's app panels and links for marketplace apps so they can build their functionality right in Pipedrive. This means some extra work from their side.

Other option is to make sure everyone is using the same bookmarks in their browser itself..

• Torbjörn Johansson
    edited February 2021 #13
    Options

Hi @Torbjörn Johansson 

I know it is not possible today that's why I suggested a new functionality to add custom fields to Pipedrive USERs.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #14
    Options

Hi @Torbjörn Johansson 

Thanks @Torbjörn Johansson just so I can fully pass it on. I understand now the usecase, what's your ideal solution? Where would this link show up? On the user overview page? Or somewhere else?

• Torbjörn Johansson
    edited February 2021 #15
    Options

Hi @Torbjörn Johansson 

Why not under PERSONAL SETTINGS?

• Harj Gadhvi
    Harj Gadhvi Member Posts: 20
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Hi,

I have a similar scenario, where we'd like to add LinkedIn Profiles to Pipedrive user's so that we can use this as a merge field in our Email Marketing campaigns.

Please advise if Custom User fields are on the roadmap.

Thanks

Harj

• MathewRiggs
    MathewRiggs Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited May 2023 #17
    Options

Obtain the unique web link or URL of each user's scoreboard within the gamification platform. This link should lead directly to the respective user's scoreboard page.