Tagged:

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #2
    Options

Hi @Raymond Foulkes 

How are you? What can we help you with? Did you speak to our support in case you got stuck?

• Raymond Foulkes
    Raymond Foulkes Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi Mike, I am, making progress with the system one small step at a time.  I think Pipedrive is a fantastic facility that will really help me get organized and will do a lot for my business.  

The dashboard is absolutely terrible though, it really lets the whole of Pipedrive down.   As a new user, I find it very counter intuitive, for example I wanted to find the Pipedrive dialer and my CloudTalk fronm within my Pipedrive account.  Steve (on the online chat) told me to go to 'Tools and Integrations' and then follow the steps from there.  I couldn't find 'Tools and Integrations' on the Dashboard, not even under 'more...' on the LHS.  You have to click on your initials in the top RHS and find it there!  I cannot understand why it would be there, it just doesn't make sense, how would I have know that my initials were a clickable link in the first place? let alone one that is concealing some of the more important features that I need to access.

I still can't find anything to do with my CloudTalk anywhere within Pipedrive.  However, When I log into my CloudTalk account I can see that it is integrated with my Pipedrive, but When I try to make a call from Pipedrive, it only offers me the opportunity to call on Skype, CloudTalk isn't listed anywhere.  Things like that ought to be more highly visible and easy to find.  I would say that the lack of intuitive visible links to the main functions within the system is what is holding me back and forcing me to use the online chat for more or less every little bit of progress that I make.

I think that the videos are good, but even the most basic ones seem to assume a fundamental understanding of the Pipedrive system which a new user doesn't have.  There should be an overview, an outline of the system structure and how it all joins together.  It's a bit like having a  detailed guide to each town, but without a road map showing where the towns are in relation to each other and the roads that join them.  I feel like I need to understand more about Pipedrive before I can understand what the videos are talking about.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #4
    Options

Hi Mike, I am, making progress with the system one small step at a time.  I think Pipedrive is a fantastic facility that will really help me get organized and will do a lot for my business.  

The dashboard is absolutely terrible though, it really lets the whole of Pipedrive down.   As a new user, I find it very counter intuitive, for example I wanted to find the Pipedrive dialer and my CloudTalk fronm within my Pipedrive account.  Steve (on the online chat) told me to go to 'Tools and Integrations' and then follow the steps from there.  I couldn't find 'Tools and Integrations' on the Dashboard, not even under 'more...' on the LHS.  You have to click on your initials in the top RHS and find it there!  I cannot understand why it would be there, it just doesn't make sense, how would I have know that my initials were a clickable link in the first place? let alone one that is concealing some of the more important features that I need to access.

I still can't find anything to do with my CloudTalk anywhere within Pipedrive.  However, When I log into my CloudTalk account I can see that it is integrated with my Pipedrive, but When I try to make a call from Pipedrive, it only offers me the opportunity to call on Skype, CloudTalk isn't listed anywhere.  Things like that ought to be more highly visible and easy to find.  I would say that the lack of intuitive visible links to the main functions within the system is what is holding me back and forcing me to use the online chat for more or less every little bit of progress that I make.

I think that the videos are good, but even the most basic ones seem to assume a fundamental understanding of the Pipedrive system which a new user doesn't have.  There should be an overview, an outline of the system structure and how it all joins together.  It's a bit like having a  detailed guide to each town, but without a road map showing where the towns are in relation to each other and the roads that join them.  I feel like I need to understand more about Pipedrive before I can understand what the videos are talking about.

Hi @Raymond Foulkes 

Thanks for your response and honest feedback. I'd recommend to check our "getting started" course on the Academy.

In there for example the 4th video describes the data structure very well. Regarding your other points, I'll pass that on to our design teams as well to see how we can make things more intuitive. 

Happy to hear you find our chat support helpful although we hope of course you'll need them less and less. 

Regarding CloudTalk. Pipedrive has many integrations in our Marketplace and like the CloudTalk one, they are actually build by CloudTalk and not Pipedrive. This means it doesn't always is as integrated as one of the features we've build ourselves. I'd recommend to reach out to the CloudTalk team if you run into anything and also check out this article by them: https://help.cloudtalk.io/en/articles/2843578-how-to-configure-my-pipedrive-integration

Hope this helps and have a great day!