Search

Major bummer that when a custom 'Organization' field is applied to a record it doesn't show up in search when the value of that custom field is searched.

Example: Custom organization field in organization details named 'management company' Value is XYZ and its applied to 10 records.

If I search XYZ search results do not show the organizations that have that value applied in the 'management company' field of organization details. 

Would be awesome if search showed an aggregated list of those in the search results.

Would be Very awesome.  Search is very important. Its a databse. 

@Mike van der Valk 

If I search Ogden in this case River Park and other organizations with that company field applied will not show in search results. It would be very convenient if they did show up.

60185c9e5d17e42ce1b86f7f_48011.png
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited February 2021 #2

Hi @Brad Krause  thanks for sharing, passing it on to our search team!

• Justus Lubahn
    Justus Lubahn Posts: 58
    edited February 25 #3

I have the same problem multiple times a day. The only "fix" is by going into deals and manually creating a filter that filters for the specific custom data field, but that is cumbersome in comparison to just searching for it.

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Posts: 518
    edited February 2021 #4

I have the same problem multiple times a day. The only "fix" is by going into deals and manually creating a filter that filters for the specific custom data field, but that is cumbersome in comparison to just searching for it.

I currently have the management company name followed by the property name in parentheses on all the records to deal with it.  @Justus Lubahn 

• Justus Lubahn
    Justus Lubahn Posts: 58
    edited February 2021 #5

Yeah, that's a workaround aswell. Thanks for sharing!

• Ambar
    Ambar Moderator Posts: 8 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited February 25 #6

Hi @Brad Krause 

If the custom field type is selected as "text, large text, numerical, monetary, autocomplete, phone, and address" type custom fields then it should be searchable. 

Try changing the field type and search again.

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Posts: 518
    edited February 2021 #7
    Ambar said:

Hi @Brad Krause 

If the custom field type is selected as "text, large text, numerical, monetary, autocomplete, phone, and address" type custom fields then it should be searchable. 

Try changing the field type and search again.

It has to be an organization field in this case. It must pull the organization name from a main/parent record. 

I'm doing a complete overhaul of how we structure our records in pipedrive and it is NOT critical the organization and person field is searchable but it would sure be nice. 

The work around which I actually am ok with is to name the organization record with the related management company first and the site name followed in parentheses.

But thanks for the tip @Ambar