Option to have an alias email address

Hi Team,

Can we have an option to have alias email addresses to send out emails?

This would be of a great help when we want to send out communications on behalf or to use a no-reply email address.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited February 24 #2

Thanks for sharing @Support I've passed it along to the team. One option would be to use one of our Marketplace apps like for example Front here.  They should be able to do it.

• Amit Sarda - Pipedrive Consultant - AmitSarda.xyz
    edited May 2021 #3

Thanks for sharing @Support I've passed it along to the team. One option would be to use one of our Marketplace apps like for example Front here.  They should be able to do it.

Or, do it by setting up campaigns in email automation tools like Mailchimp and using Outfunnel.

• Tuomas Ilola
    Tuomas Ilola Posts: 1
    edited February 24 #4

Our organisation would really benefit from this as we have different public domain than our Google GSuite domain. Without this feature we cannot send emails from Pipedrive as it comes from the wrong domain.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #5

@Gints Branks and @Janis Geranins does Mailigen work with alias addresses? 

• Janis Geranins_2639
    edited February 24 #6

Hello! Yes, you can use alias email addresses in Mailigen. There is even a option to use one email address to send out emails and a different address (for the same email message) as a reply address (when a user replies, his email goes to the set reply address).

As @Mike van der Valk mentioned Mailigen was recently acquired by Pipedrive and we are working hard on a integration with Pipedrive. The current integration is in beta status and is already usable. You can sign up for a free 30 day trial and fully test it out here

Please be informed that only opt-in email lists can be used in Mailigen. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #7

Hello! Yes, you can use alias email addresses in Mailigen. There is even a option to use one email address to send out emails and a different address (for the same email message) as a reply address (when a user replies, his email goes to the set reply address).

As @Mike van der Valk mentioned Mailigen was recently acquired by Pipedrive and we are working hard on a integration with Pipedrive. The current integration is in beta status and is already usable. You can sign up for a free 30 day trial and fully test it out here

Please be informed that only opt-in email lists can be used in Mailigen. 

Thanks for the quick follow-up Janis! 🙏🏻

• Michael_599
    Michael_599 Posts: 20
    edited February 24 #8

Would love the ability to use an alias without having to resort to 3rd party app.  would be really useful for automations such as an onboarding series of emails

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #9
    Michael said:

Would love the ability to use an alias without having to resort to 3rd party app.  would be really useful for automations such as an onboarding series of emails

@Michael thanks for the comment. As you can read up here that 3rd party Mailigen that is mentioned has actually been acquired by Pipedrive. We're now working hard on integrating the two as one tool with 2 different areas but perfectly synced :) 

• Michael_599
    Michael_599 Posts: 20
    edited May 2020 #10
    Michael said:

Thanks @Mike van der Valk , will look forward to trying

• Omar_5361
    Omar_5361 Posts: 1
    edited February 24 #11

Please let me know when this will be available, we really need alias for our emails. Thank you! @Mike van der Valk 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #12
    Omar said:

Please let me know when this will be available, we really need alias for our emails. Thank you! @Mike van der Valk 

Hi @Omar this is currently not in development in the Pipedrive email integration. As you can read up here that 3rd party Mailigen that is mentioned has actually been acquired by Pipedrive. We're now working hard on integrating the two as one tool with 2 different areas but perfectly synced :) 

Once we're ready for our user to test new updates we post them in our Research and Beta testing channel. Be sure to join that to stay up to date!

• Jessica Baldwin
    Jessica Baldwin Posts: 1
    edited February 24 #13

Hello – We need the ability to be able to send via an alias also for 1 to 1 emails out of Pipedrive. Mailgen absolutely will not solve the problem.

Within our gmail accounts, we send/receive emails from an alias email address. In Pipedrive it will only send emails from the gsuite primary domain. 

• Vincent Frechette
    edited June 2020 #14

Our organisation would really benefit from this as we have different public domain than our Google GSuite domain. Without this feature we cannot send emails from Pipedrive as it comes from the wrong domain.

Same situation here! Very sad it's not supported. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #15

Hello – We need the ability to be able to send via an alias also for 1 to 1 emails out of Pipedrive. Mailgen absolutely will not solve the problem.

Within our gmail accounts, we send/receive emails from an alias email address. In Pipedrive it will only send emails from the gsuite primary domain. 

Thanks @Jessica Baldwin passing it along. I'll make sure your comment reaches our team working on email in Pipedrive as well.

• Andrew Klotz
    Andrew Klotz Posts: 21
    10 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited July 2020 #16

Just wanted to contribute to this feature request. As we have a domain alias set up in GSuite, our team is frequently using two email addresses per person, as well as group emails. 1:1 emails from within Pipedrive are definitely something we would use. Mailigen would only be helpful when we are looking to deploy email campaigns.

• Alexandre_7713
    Alexandre_7713 Posts: 5
    edited February 11 #17

One more here that needs this feature (Including domain ALIAS)! I need 1 to 1 emails from Gsuite directly at Pipedrive. That is indeed a dealbreaker for me, since my main gsuite domain is not used anymore.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #18

Thanks @Alexandre and @Andrew Klotz I'm passing this on to our team as well internally. 

• Anirudh A Damani
    Anirudh A Damani Posts: 1
    edited February 24 #19

I want to use an alias for sales related emails so that they can get filtered separately from operational or internal emails. Please help @Mike van der Valk !

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #20

I want to use an alias for sales related emails so that they can get filtered separately from operational or internal emails. Please help @Mike van der Valk !

Hi @Anirudh A Damani thanks for sharing. Unfortunately this is currently not possible with our email sync. I know our team is aware of this request but at the moment it's not in the short term plans unfortunately. 

• Magnus Bucht
    Magnus Bucht Posts: 1
    edited December 2020 #21

I understand that tis is not a priority development from reading the thread, but also want to stress that this is an important feature that is missing!

• David Saraiva
    David Saraiva Posts: 1
    edited February 24 #22

Just adding my comments, we're shopping for a CRM right now, and I am pretty sure that lack of support for 1 to 1 email aliases is going to kill Pipedrive as an option.  I love everything else about it.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #23

Just adding my comments, we're shopping for a CRM right now, and I am pretty sure that lack of support for 1 to 1 email aliases is going to kill Pipedrive as an option.  I love everything else about it.

Thanks for sharing @David Saraiva happy to hear you love everything else, hopefully we can work on this in the near future. I'm making sure our team sees your comment!

• Geoffroy
    Geoffroy Posts: 1
    edited September 2020 #24

Hello @Mike van der Valk , when you are speaking about near future, any ideas in terms of months? 😊 We are hesitating to stay on Pipedrive because of this

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #25

Hi @Geoffroy sorry if my comment came across confusing. I meant I hope we can work on this in the near future. But I hope you understand our team is always prioritising and seeing what to work on next. This means the suggestion mentioned here can still take a lot longer as well, although I hope it won't. At this moment we're not working on this update and there's also no plan to start soon. Hopefully me passing on your comments and those of others here will help us reconsider.

• Ivos Gajdorus
    Ivos Gajdorus Posts: 1
    edited October 2020 #26

@Mike van der Valk Hi Mike, I'm just adding my vote as we using multiple aliases within our G suite and sending emails from aliased domains is crucial for us... 

• Niraj Dattani
    Niraj Dattani Posts: 1
    edited November 2020 #27

Another vote for this - very frustrating that you don't have it. 

• Andrew Novak
    Andrew Novak Posts: 1
    edited November 2020 #28

Another vote for this - I really need to use an alias for the different pipelines/companies under our parent organizations! 

• Jean-Paul
    Jean-Paul Posts: 2
    edited November 2020 #29

Another vote, we sell different product and use different brands and domain, this seems like something common and mos def required

• Tanya Priyank
    Tanya Priyank Posts: 1
    edited February 25 #30

If this alias issue is not fixed, (we used say xyz.com so far but will soon become xyz-group.com and would need both IDs) then logging emails on Pipedrive will be an issue and we will get rid of this CRM. Please look into adding this feature as soon as you can 

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Ex-Pipedrivers Posts: 101
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited December 2020 #31

If this alias issue is not fixed, (we used say xyz.com so far but will soon become xyz-group.com and would need both IDs) then logging emails on Pipedrive will be an issue and we will get rid of this CRM. Please look into adding this feature as soon as you can 

Thank you for the request, Tanya!

I have submitted your feedback, but cannot guarantee that alias support will be developed any time soon.

Even though it sounds simple - it seems that the feature is difficult to develop and implement (f.e. Nylas- our sync partner - does not have support of it either).

Thank you again for understanding,

Kind regards,

Vladimir