Mailigen Integration

Gianna Ricotta
Gianna Ricotta Posts: 2
edited July 3 in Sales CRM #1

We recently had an angry reply to a mailigen email campaign. He claimed he has "unsubscribed 5x" but was still receiving emails. Not sure if he unsubscribed correctly. 

The real problem with the integration is that a coworker previously removed his contact info from pipedrive. I used our synced contact list in mailigen and apparently his contact info was still in there. So removed contacts in pipedrive are not removed on the synced list. 

I've since gone in to unsubscribe the email manually in mailigen. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited February 2021 #2

Hi @Gianna Ricotta 

Sorry to hear that! @Gints Branks could you help here? 

• Mark McDavid
    Mark McDavid Posts: 9
    edited March 2021 #3

Did someone help you with this? We are trialing Mailigen right now, and that seems like a significant problem to not have people who are deleted in Pipedrive synced to be deleted from the Mailigen list as well. How does "sync" miss this? And did someone find a solution?

• Gints Branks
    Gints Branks Posts: 15
    Second Anniversary Pipedrive Employee Photogenic
    edited February 25 #4

Hi @Gianna Ricotta

@Mark McDavid , thanks for refreshing this one. 

Apologies for the late response! I've made some tests in my own account and when a contact gets deleted from Pipedrive, the sync deletes the contact from my Mailigen list as well. 

If a Mailigen subscriber unsubscribes from your Mailigen list, then the system doesn't allow you to re-add them again. If there's someone who complains about receiving emails, I'd even recommend to add them to the global suppression list in Mailigen , to make sure they're not added to any other list by accident- https://admin.mailigen.com/contacts/suppressed

• Gianna Ricotta
    Gianna Ricotta Posts: 2
    edited March 2021 #5

Hi @Gianna Ricotta

Apologies for the late response! I've made some tests in my own account and when a contact gets deleted from Pipedrive, the sync deletes the contact from my Mailigen list as well. 

If a Mailigen subscriber unsubscribes from your Mailigen list, then the system doesn't allow you to re-add them again. If there's someone who complains about receiving emails, I'd even recommend to add them to the global suppression list in Mailigen , to make sure they're not added to any other list by accident- https://admin.mailigen.com/contacts/suppressed

@Gints Branks I was told when I chatted with support that the sync didn't work that way and when a contact was deleted in pipedrive they were not removed from mailigen. Is that sync feature added now?

I have been adding people to the global suppression list that reach out and ask to be unsubscribed.

• Gints Branks
    Gints Branks Posts: 15
    Second Anniversary Pipedrive Employee Photogenic
    edited March 2021 #6

Hi @Gianna Ricotta

@Gianna Ricotta  Yes, I recommend to try it out with a test contact- the sync happened immediately for me for adding and deleting the contact.  (But if anything, give it max 15 min. to happen). 

Could have been miscommunication that time, because I also discovered this only after testing!

But removed from the list doesn't mean unsubscribed, meaning, they can be added back to the list again. So I would keep on adding them in the GSL, to make sure they don't get added by mistake.

All the best! :)