3 Separate businesses under one account. Is it possible?

Peter Eiseman_29693
Peter Eiseman_29693 Member Posts: 2
First Comment
edited May 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I am considering switching over from CompanyHub to PD. I have 3 businesses that I would like to set up under one account. I want to keep each one totally separate from the other. They all have different customers bases and are unrelated. Is this even possible and if so, is anyone doing it now?  Finally,  PD told me that I would have to open 3 different accounts and log in and out of each one to do it. That's pretty cumbersome, time consuming and expensive. There has to be an alternative solution. I would appreciate any input, work around suggestions, etc. Thanks

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

To keep the databases totally separate you would probably need 3 accounts. But I sure wouldn't do that.

Is it Ok for all the contact and organization records to be commingled and you can use a filter based a field to filter down to a single company group of records? If so, then it wouldn't be hard at all. 

But determining the best way to go about it to meet your needs would take further understanding of how you operate and your preferences. Would you want three separate pipelines or would you just want to be able to easily distinguish in one pipeline which deals are related to which business. 

I'm sure there would be some compromises you would need to make by having a combined account for all three businesses but only you could decide what the deal breakers are. 

But personally I think it could be done to my personal satisfaction.

• Peter Eiseman_29693
    Peter Eiseman_29693 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #3

To keep the databases totally separate you would probably need 3 accounts. But I sure wouldn't do that.

Is it Ok for all the contact and organization records to be commingled and you can use a filter based a field to filter down to a single company group of records? If so, then it wouldn't be hard at all. 

But determining the best way to go about it to meet your needs would take further understanding of how you operate and your preferences. Would you want three separate pipelines or would you just want to be able to easily distinguish in one pipeline which deals are related to which business. 

I'm sure there would be some compromises you would need to make by having a combined account for all three businesses but only you could decide what the deal breakers are. 

But personally I think it could be done to my personal satisfaction.

Thanks Brad. Yes, I think what you described would work for me. Also, I was playing around with various ideas today and the ability to set custom labels  just might be good enough combined with your idea. As you mentioned, creating 3 separate accounts would be a fools game. Thanks again. I'll follow up on this post once I have a little experience using it.