Separate name field in web forms into "first name" and "last name"

marketing.int@2b-advice.com
marketing.int@2b-advice.com Member Posts: 9
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hello, I'm trying to make web forms, but I don't see my fields for a person's "first name" and "last name", it is only showing me "name". We would like to have it separated because sometimes it creates funny names with our database, for example, when a person types two first names it doesn't split them correctly. Thanks

Comments

• Suzanne Van de Ven
    Suzanne Van de Ven Member Posts: 29
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2021 #2

agreed i always was taught first and last name was a good data practice, so we have name and first name and last name in our data fields. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #3

Hi @marketing.int@2b-advice.com 

Thanks for sharing, I've passed it along to our team. For now one workaround is to create custom fields for last name for example. You can make the "default" field name as "first name" in the web form and then use the new custom field to capture the last name.

• Alex Romanovich
    Alex Romanovich Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #4

I would like to understand what the resolution is as well... is there a way to do this? Separate into First Name and Last Name?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #5

I would like to understand what the resolution is as well... is there a way to do this? Separate into First Name and Last Name?

Hi @Alex Romanovich I tried to describe what a solution could be up here, let me know if that doesn't make sense..

"create custom fields for last name for example. You can make the "default" field name as "first name" in the web form and then use the new custom field to capture the last name.''

• Frederiek Dobbels
    Frederiek Dobbels Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6

@Mike van der Valk ok, I set up the work around. Is there a way to set up an automated flow to enter the value of the custom field "Last Name" automatically in the real "Last Name" field of that person? That way we wouldn't have to copy paste it ourselves.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #7

@Mike van der Valk ok, I set up the work around. Is there a way to set up an automated flow to enter the value of the custom field "Last Name" automatically in the real "Last Name" field of that person? That way we wouldn't have to copy paste it ourselves.

Hi @Frederiek Dobbels not right now unfortunately :( I'll pass this on to our team to see if we can improve this in the future, sorry!

• Frederiek Dobbels
    edited March 2021 #8

Too bad... but forget my mention of the work around. Core issue here is that the default fields "First Name" and "Last Name" aren't selectable in the web form. I don't understand why, they are there...?

So get that fixed and you can check this as done ;-)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2021 #9

I agree @Frederiek Dobbels the reason why this is, is purely technical. The feature to split these fields have for various reasons not been rolled out yet to all customers. Therefore other features like web forms are not supporting them yet either :( 

I'm going to pass this on internally again, hopefully we can speed it up..

• Frederiek Dobbels
    edited August 2021 #10

Hi @Mike van der Valk do you have any updates on this matter? Any success in speeding up this implementation?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2021 #11

I wish @Frederiek Dobbels but no luck. It is not seen as a priority at the moment over some other internal initiatives. Nonetheless, I'll knock on their doors again!