Outlook Sync

Options
Jeffrey Dromeshauser
Jeffrey Dromeshauser Member Posts: 19
First Comment First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I just noticed...probably should have before...that any recurring Outlook items sync to Pipedrive as LOCKED activities and cannot be removed.  This is troublesome when that item may have ended as you cannot remove it from your Pipedrive calendar or use that time for Scheduler.

Would love it if there was a way to get that fixed.

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Jeffrey Dromeshauser 

When you remove the recurring item from your external calendar it should remove in Pipedrive.. if this is not happening please reach out to our support team so we can help you resolve this. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Jeffrey Dromeshauser
    edited February 2021 #3
    Options

Hi @Jeffrey Dromeshauser 

When you remove the recurring item from your external calendar it should remove in Pipedrive.. if this is not happening please reach out to our support team so we can help you resolve this. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Mike,

I have and they are the ones that told me that it is an issue with Pipedrive and that I should post this here.  They told me that it was a known issue.  It is a pain to have to reach out to support each time I have to remove a calendar item.  People are moving faster than that and it is a real inconvenience.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #4
    Options

Hi @Jeffrey Dromeshauser 

Sorry to hear that. My apologies @Jeffrey Dromeshauser I'll shake some trees internally and see if we can get some focus on this.

• Jeffrey Dromeshauser
    edited April 2021 #5
    Options

Hi @Jeffrey Dromeshauser 

Mike, any news on this?  This is a pretty significant issue that causes problems for me in using the Scheduling function.  I have a recurring Monday appointment that some times I do not have to attend, but when I remove from Outlook I am still blocked out on the Scheduler.

Any news on why this is the case?

• Helio
    Helio Pipedrive Team Posts: 63 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited April 2021 #6
    Options

Hi @Jeffrey Dromeshauser 

Hello @Jeffrey Dromeshauser ,

I spoke to our engineers and they mentioned that recurring activities are still not fully supported. What happens is that the first recurring activity is synced and the remaining show up as 'ghosts' in Pipedrive so if you delete just one of those events, it won't be reflected in Pipedrive. Only if you delete the original on your external calendar, then those changes will reflect in Pipedrive.

I understand how inconvenient this is for you so I will be sure share your feedback with the Product team so that they have more visibility over this.

If there is anything else we can help you with in regards to this topic, feel free to reach out to us. You can learn the various ways in which you can do that here.

• Jeffrey Dromeshauser
    edited April 2021 #7
    Options

Hi @Jeffrey Dromeshauser 

Helio, 

Thank you for the update and for passing along the frustration.  It really is a bit of a challenge in that you must remove the entire event to get it to work.

Please let me know when their might be a change coming.

• Rainbow Colder
    Rainbow Colder Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited August 2021 #8
    Options

This is a persistent issue for all the Outlook/Pipedrive users I know. 
    Each calendar sync should re-sync the updated info for a recurring mtg. New end date?- updated. Change times on 2 appointments - but not the rest? updated. Other Outlook calendar integrations get this right at a level that I don't even have to think about it. (eg: calendly) - please emphasize the importance of this broken function with your dev team if the intent is for the Scheduler to be a functional tool.