Can we get a Google Meet integration?

Alex Napier Holland
Alex Napier Holland Member Posts: 29
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic

I recently switched from Zoom to Google Meet, for two reasons...

1. I think Zoom's UX is horrific (and I know many who agree).
  2. As a GSuite customer, it's just neater to use Meet.

It's far quicker and smoother for me to set up and join Google Meet sessions overall.

Any chance of a Pipedrive integration with Google Meet?

Cheers

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Hans Nieto
    Hans Nieto Member Posts: 26
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited October 2020 #2

That would be great, I have also asked for it considering that Pipedrive already has several integrated gsuite apps (email, contacts)

• Andrew Klotz
    Andrew Klotz Member Posts: 30
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

Hey @Alex Napier Holland  I've found a workaround for this that is okay for me at the moment. If you initiate a meeting in Google Meet, grab the link and add it into your PD meeting activities. When your guest books a time, the link will be included in the invite and in their calendar. Easy peasy. Obviously the Meet link is being used again and again, so anyone who has booked a meeting with you could technically join a future meeting if they happened to click the link at the right time, but I haven't seen this happen yet (and you can always remove a non-invited attendee). You can also change the link every so often. Hope that helps!

A Meet integration would be great if PD can do it!

• Alex Napier Holland
    Alex Napier Holland Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    edited September 2020 #4

Hey @Alex Napier Holland  I've found a workaround for this that is okay for me at the moment. If you initiate a meeting in Google Meet, grab the link and add it into your PD meeting activities. When your guest books a time, the link will be included in the invite and in their calendar. Easy peasy. Obviously the Meet link is being used again and again, so anyone who has booked a meeting with you could technically join a future meeting if they happened to click the link at the right time, but I haven't seen this happen yet (and you can always remove a non-invited attendee). You can also change the link every so often. Hope that helps!

A Meet integration would be great if PD can do it!

Thanks. I guess this would work. It's just not super-elegant!

• Michael Yiptong
    Michael Yiptong Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2021 #5

As a Gsuite user, I also second the Google Meet integration.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #6

Hi @Alex Napier Holland @Hans Nieto @Andrew Klotz @Michael Y  , thank you for your suggestion!

At the moment the next thing we have coming out of the oven in terms of virtual meeting integrations is Microsoft Teams, but  this doesn't necessarily mean it's where we stop (no promises, though) and I will definitely forward your input to our team for consideration in future developments. 

As priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. 

Speaking of which, take these tips to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

As an alternative for this particular case, I would suggest you take a look at the platform integrations available in our marketplace, as they allow you to create automations outside the scope of our own native features. I did a quick search for you, take a look here.

• Ali Davachi
    Ali Davachi Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021 #7

+1 or maybe +100 for Google Meet integration.

• Gianfranco Morbini
    Gianfranco Morbini Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #8

Hi,

I also don't get it why Google Meet via G-Suite is not integrated.  Considering all the enquiries listed here so far, can't the  IT's team prioritise this integration? 

It seems that it would make a lot of your customers happy.

Thanks.

• Inês Batata
    edited November 2020 #9

Hi,

I also don't get it why Google Meet via G-Suite is not integrated.  Considering all the enquiries listed here so far, can't the  IT's team prioritise this integration? 

It seems that it would make a lot of your customers happy.

Thanks.

Hi @Gianfranco Morbini !

Right now there are no concrete short term plans to make these improvements. Unfortunately with many customers and requests and with limited development resources we need to prioritise and make choices what to deliver first.

We have made sure, however, that our team will consider your suggestion for future developments. Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.

🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.

🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

• Mario Zijlstra
    Mario Zijlstra Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #10

It would be very user friendly to have choice in the settings for example.
    So that means everybody should be happy right!?

Anyway:

+1 FOR GOOGLE MEET!

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #11

It would be very user friendly to have choice in the settings for example.
    So that means everybody should be happy right!?

Anyway:

+1 FOR GOOGLE MEET!

Thank you for your enthusiastic feedback @Mario Zijlstra ! 😄

At the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Marcelo Rodrigues
    Marcelo Rodrigues Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2020 #12

Também utilizamos o Google Suite e a integração com o Google Meet seria muito importante para gente!

• Oliver Doerrer
    Oliver Doerrer Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2021 #13

Same here! Would be very helpful to get an integration:)

• Quentin Clément de Colombières
    edited May 2021 #14

+1000 GG Meet

• David Tinnerman
    David Tinnerman Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021 #15

+1 Google Meet

• Kalle Ryymin
    Kalle Ryymin Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021 #16

Agreet! +1 for google meet

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #17

Hi everyone! Letting you know that I've passed this along internally, let's see what 2021 brings . 🙂

In the meantime, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Zeno - Maria Sartori
    Zeno - Maria Sartori Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021 #18

+1 google meet 🙂

• Ramon_899
    Ramon_899 Member Posts: 15
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2021 #19

I also need Google Meet integration, soon please.

+1 Vote.

• Wout te Winkel
    Wout te Winkel Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #20

Hello all, 

Best wishes for 2021! 

Since a change in de google API, appointments that are booked trough PD-Planner doesn't get a Google Meet link automatically. Next to +1 for a Google Meet integration can you also (short term) fixed this API thing? 

See the development blog of google: https://developers.google.com/calendar/releases#september_07_2020 

• Inês Batata
    edited January 2021 #21

Hello all, 

Best wishes for 2021! 

Since a change in de google API, appointments that are booked trough PD-Planner doesn't get a Google Meet link automatically. Next to +1 for a Google Meet integration can you also (short term) fixed this API thing? 

See the development blog of google: https://developers.google.com/calendar/releases#september_07_2020 

Hi @Wout te Winkel , best wishes in 2021 for you too! :)

We appreciate your suggestion and will make sure our team notes it down for consideration in future developments. Unfortunately this is something that needs to be handled on Google's side, take a look at this previous post

• Rewfus Brode
    Rewfus Brode Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #22

Vote for this from us also

• Rewfus Brode
    Rewfus Brode Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #23

vote for this feature also

• Bob Klein
    Bob Klein Member Posts: 8
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment Integration Partner
    edited April 2021 #24

+1 for Google Meet!

• Thomas Jansson
    Thomas Jansson Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021 #25

+1 for Google meet

• Zdeněk Matoušek_28740
    Zdeněk Matoušek_28740 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021 #26

Hi @Alex Napier Holland @Hans Nieto @Andrew Klotz @Michael Y  , thank you for your suggestion!

At the moment the next thing we have coming out of the oven in terms of virtual meeting integrations is Microsoft Teams, but  this doesn't necessarily mean it's where we stop (no promises, though) and I will definitely forward your input to our team for consideration in future developments. 

As priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. 

Speaking of which, take these tips to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

As an alternative for this particular case, I would suggest you take a look at the platform integrations available in our marketplace, as they allow you to create automations outside the scope of our own native features. I did a quick search for you, take a look here.

Hello, why Microsoft Teams or Zoom meetings organized and made from PipeDrive dont automatically make activity as "done" (afret videomeeting) and why dont add notes like from, to, duration and link to recordings?

Thank you, Zdenek

• Laroche
    Laroche Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021 #27

+1 for Google Meet!, definitely needed

• Marcin Kosewski
    Marcin Kosewski Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #28

+100 for G Meet - It is really strange no to have it....

• Elise Sivertsen
    Elise Sivertsen Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited June 2022 #29

Hello,

I can add zoom en teams-link to an activity but we work with Google Meet. Would be great if this service is integrated too!

• Rozi Brown
    Rozi Brown Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #30

I came into this "help center" landing page to ask about Google Meet integration and noticed I was not the first.  SO, I would like to add my vote to the list.  With Covid, virtual meetings are a necessity.  AND, PD is already working with Google Calendar and Google Drive, so seems reasonable to add another piece of G-Suite.  :)  Please and thank you!  Oh, and please keep us G-Suite users posted.  

• Luis Figueiredo
    Luis Figueiredo Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2021 #31

Very important this one...