REAL NAME INSTEAD OF EMAIL ADRESS (introduce email alias)

I have just noticed that emails sent from Pipedrive will have the sender's email adress as sender name.

Nowadays it is common practice to display an email alias: instead of [email protected], the recipient will see "Conrad B" as the sender. This can be easily changed in GMail and any other mail provider, but Pipedrive did not implement it yet.

Please upvote for faster development of this.

In my opinion this is a pressing issue since we cannot send emails directly from Pipedrive due to that reason.

Best,

Conrad

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Maria Lasprilla
    Maria Lasprilla Posts: 6
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited February 25 #2

Hi Conrad!

We hear you! We have just recently implemented this feature and we have rolled this out to 50% of companies. We will continue and finish the release in the next 24 hours!

Happy to hear your feedback once you've tried it

Best,

Maria

• Conrad Bergmann
    Conrad Bergmann Posts: 8
    edited February 2021 #3

Hi Conrad!

We hear you! We have just recently implemented this feature and we have rolled this out to 50% of companies. We will continue and finish the release in the next 24 hours!

Best,

Maria

Maria this is so great to hear. Cannot wait and thank you very much!

• Victor Vuillier
    Victor Vuillier Posts: 47
    edited February 2021 #4

Hi Conrad!

Best,

Maria

Interested to know more about it.

Thanks

• Philipp Riederle
    Philipp Riederle Posts: 41
    edited February 2021 #5

Hi Conrad!

Best,

Maria

How and where is the configuration possible? Have not found an option to activate it yet.

• Maria Lasprilla
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited February 25 #6

@Conrad @Victor Vuillier @Philipp Riederle This is being rolled out at the moment. There is a caveat, however. Microsoft servers do not allow for this to be edited. If you DM me your accounts I can check if this is already enabled for you and if it can be done so already. Otherwise it is happening automatically and gradually within days.

• Philipp Riederle
    Philipp Riederle Posts: 41
    edited February 2021 #7

@Conrad @Victor Vuillier @Philipp Riederle This is being rolled out at the moment. There is a caveat, however. Microsoft servers do not allow for this to be edited. If you DM me your accounts I can check if this is already enabled for you and if it can be done so already. Otherwise it is happening automatically and gradually within days.

@Maria Lasprilla  Oh what a pitty it does not work with microsoft accounts. Could you explain the reason behind that? And maybe a workaround?

EDIT: It seems like, all emails sent via a M365 account are automatically sent with the real name as set in the M365 admin center. Could anyone else verify that?

• Conrad Bergmann
    Conrad Bergmann Posts: 8
    edited February 2021 #8

Hi Philipp,

My emails are sent with a gmail account and it does not yet work for me. Receipient still sees my email address instead of my name.

@Maria Lasprilla  How can I DM you?

Best,

Conrad

• Maria Lasprilla
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited February 2021 #9

@Philipp Riederle  Yes, of course. Basically, older versions of Microsoft allowed this, but new ones don’t.

When trying this on my own Exchange account and the only way to change it is by changing your actual name in your Microsoft Profile, which also requires a security check. It is also limited by some Admins in their own private exchange server.

So basically to display the name you wish, you have to have it changed in your actual Microsoft profile.

• Maria Lasprilla
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited February 2021 #10

@Conrad  Yes, please email me to [email protected]