Need more deal status options!

This is a broad request for enhancement I suppose. I feel that Pipedrive needs to increase the number of status options available.  The entirely of my reasoning here comes down to the way Pipedrive relies heavily on them for reporting.  Mostly where my problem lies is that once a sale is marked as "won", Pipedrive essentially wipes its hands of it, in fact when marked as Won it hides the deal immediately! (default filter view is 'only show open'). The payment, delivery of the goods, services or construction just aren't of concern. But it is a big concern for me. Others have voiced opinions on having additional status's like "inactive" as well.

If a project is marked as WON it isn't complete. There needs to be a recognition that deals need payment and delivery/installation/construction. The reporting also needs to reflect that, including the time between Won & Complete. If I have 50 quotations out I'd like to be able to report and see when their due for delivery/completion is scheduled as well as their projected close date. 

I understand that I could make split deals for a sign off/deposit, then create another deal for the remainder and set it into the future to close... but I don't want that as the deal has been Won.  

Food for thought pipeline people :)

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Flip Nolen
    Flip Nolen Community Driver Posts: 128
    100 Comments Second Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited February 25 #2

What is your exact use case in this situation?

Perhaps you could consider instead of marking as done, move the deal to another pipeline?

• Dereck Breuning
    Dereck Breuning Posts: 53
    edited February 2021 #3

What is your exact use case in this situation?

Perhaps you could consider instead of marking as done, move the deal to another pipeline?

Or when won with automation move it into a new pipeline for delivery. 

• Paul Wood_29660
    Paul Wood_29660 Posts: 12
    edited February 25 #4

Yes that is what I'm doing currently as a work around. But it could be done better.

• Dereck Breuning
    Dereck Breuning Posts: 53
    edited February 2021 #5
    Paul Wood said:

Yes that is what I'm doing currently as a work around. But it could be done better.

ok I think it’s a difference from viewing Pipedrive as a product for sales vs a product for projects or a combination of both. I think Hubspot does projects too but maybe it could be an add on in the feature to add projects and when deals are won they convert into project to take action upon. You could also hook up, via zapier, a product like Asana that when a deal is won a project is kicked off.

• Paul Wood_29660
    edited February 2021 #6
    Paul Wood said:

Yeah it is bordering on project management functionally. But not really. In my mind a sale isn't won until it's paid and delivered. However Pipedrive doesn't really see it that way. Once won, it no longer has anything to do with it. I suppose I could make the completion stage the won stage but then my sales guys wouldn't get a fun animation when they sign off a deal haha. There is also benefits to having a complete deal around automation. Sending a feedback for for example. Or creating a new maintenance contract etc.

• Richard Salisbury
    Richard Salisbury Posts: 22
    edited February 2021 #7
    Paul Wood said:

Completely agree.  We kick off a new pipeline automatically on passing our Order Acceptance Gate which then starts an Order Processing pipeline which is managed by Logistics who mark the Deal as Won when it is shipped and it creates a new Activity for Maintenance Agreement.  This does create some issues with Sales and it is by no means perfect but in the absence of anything better, it's what we do.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited February 25 #8

Hi @Paul Wood @Dereck Breuning @Richard Salisbury and @Felicity Nolen 

I'm Mike and I'm exploring the Project management area at the moment for Pipedrive. I'd love to invite you to join our channel here and find my link and book a time with me to talk about your use cases so we can better serve your needs in the future: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/project-management-delivery-management

• Paul Wood_29660
    edited February 2021 #9

Hi @Paul Wood @Dereck Breuning @Richard Salisbury and @Felicity Nolen 

I'm Mike and I'm exploring the Project management area at the moment for Pipedrive. I'd love to invite you to join our channel here and find my link and book a time with me to talk about your use cases so we can better serve your needs in the future: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/project-management-delivery-management

Thanks Mike, I've requested to join the group and would be happy to assist in making Pipedrive better.

• SD Solutions
    SD Solutions Posts: 1
    edited March 2021 #10

I have a similar request but for a different purpose. My concern is not post-win delivery. We use Pipedrive to track opportunities that we plan to bid. Sometimes, partway through the sales or bid cycle, we choose to abandon the deal for various reasons. We then move that deal to a stage called No-Bid for historical purposes. We want that stage and all the deals in it to be visible so that we don't pursue the same deal twice by accident. The problem is, if we mark the deal closed by selecting won or lost, it disappears from the stage and we can no longer reference it. Having won, lost, and delete as the only options to close a deal is very restrictive and limits our workflow. 

--Does anyone have a solution or workaround?