Outlook Sync using UTC time zone

Options
Troy McGee
Troy McGee Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Calendar items synced with Outlook show the UTC time with "Time zones" flag enabled in Outlook.  This causes confusion especially when sharing calendar items with others that will see the UTC time.  I have used other applications in the past that did not have this issue.

602d4b372235edfd38f8930a_70598.png

Answers

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2021 #2
    Options

Hey hey, Troy!

Vladimir from Pipedrive management team is here to help!

Hope you are having a lovely day, and, meanwhile let me please explain what is the usual way we recomment to set up hotmail/outlook calendar which is synced with Pipedrive!

First of all - all the integrations that connect to Pipedrive are using API and as a standard all of them parse time in UTC, so that other programs can adjust the time zone accordingly.

I am not sure about the flag "Time zones" in Outlook - but, there is a possibility to select the time zone in the calendar here: 

So, once you have selected the right time zone - all the events will be adjusted to your time zone once they come through from Pipedrive!

But, if that still does not work for you - can you please be kind and address it to our support?

You can either use in-app chat or send an email to support@pipedrive.com and our experts will look into it

Hope that helps! 

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Troy McGee
    Troy McGee Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021 #3
    Options

I am using the Outlook application for windows and the time zone has already been set.  I will message support and see if they can help me.

• Al Pickering
    Al Pickering Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have check both my Outlook client and the O365 instance and both are set to Eastern Time zone, as is Pipedrive.  Calendar invites sent from Pipedrive appear to be in the correct timeslot (that is Eastern Time zone) when viewed in the Outlook calendar view, yet when the individual invite is opened the time reflects UTC.

• Filipe Portela
    Filipe Portela Posts: 19 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2021 #5
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have check both my Outlook client and the O365 instance and both are set to Eastern Time zone, as is Pipedrive.  Calendar invites sent from Pipedrive appear to be in the correct timeslot (that is Eastern Time zone) when viewed in the Outlook calendar view, yet when the individual invite is opened the time reflects UTC.

Hi Al! Could you please bring this up to our Support team either via live chat from within your account or via Support@pipedrive.com? 

We can have a further look into this for you and see if all settings are okay and how to approach it!

Have a lovely day!

• Simon Schoop
    Simon Schoop Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

I have the exact same issue like Al and Troy....

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2021 #7
    Options

I have the exact same issue like Al and Troy....

Hi @Simon Schoop!
    Sorry to hear about that! Could you please reach out to our Support team via chat or email support@pipedrive.com, so they would be able to check your account and verify everything is set up correctly. The team can then investigate further. Thank you!

• Mike Newcomer
    Mike Newcomer Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2021 #8
    Options

I am following this. as I am having the same problem.

• Adrian Holtmann
    Adrian Holtmann Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2021 #9
    Options

Hi fellow Pipedrive users,

I am facing the same problem and no settings neither in Outlook nor Pipedrive could solve the issue.

Time zones are set up correctly (Berlin):

Setting up a new activity in Pipedrive automatically leads to an entry with UTC as selected timezone after syncing has completed. 

Any advices for me, dear Pipedrive team? 

Best regards

Adrian

• Kirsten Tange
    Kirsten Tange Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

We are facing the same issue, and it's so annoying! Please figure this out!

• MBrown
    MBrown Member Posts: 40
    Photogenic 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

Same problem here, did anyone else have this fixed?

• MBrown
    Options

I did that, and they told me they could not do anything about it. He said they logged a ticket with MS, then showed me a link to the microsoft community which MS never even look at. Sorry Pipedrive, this is a deal breaker for us. If the calendars don't sync properly with Outlook it is virtually un-usable!!

• MBrown
    Options

Just an update, because neither Microsoft or Pipedrive want to own nor fix this. When you open the Calendar event in Outlook, check on the all-day checkbox, then check it back off, save the event and it fixes it.

Not ideal, but maybe it will help someone until the developers on either side decide this is important enough to deal with.