How to do meaningful reports on Products

Carlos Miguens
Carlos Miguens Posts: 4
edited July 27 in Sales CRM #1

I'm finding it very difficult to get any meaningful information out on products out of PipeDrive. I've created about 30 products, add them to several deals. I want to create a report that shows the amount sold (or projected) by product. I can't seem to do this via Insights and when I export deals all I see is Deal - Product amount, Deal - Product quantity - but not the actual Product! which is not very useful.

Tagged:

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Posts: 518
    edited February 2021 #2

I've seen a fair amount of issues with insights reports. Not specific to products. You may want to contact in app customers support of you are not seeing what you expect. 

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Ex-Pipedrivers Posts: 101
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited February 2021 #3

@Carlos Miguens 

Thank you for the post!

Hope you are having a wonderful day :)

Meanwhile you can also export all products one by one from Products section. perhaps that could help? 

https://sharing.pipedrive.com/QRLXbB

But thank you for the feedback in regards products in Insights as well as in the list view - I passed it over to the product manager.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Carlos Miguens
    Carlos Miguens Posts: 4
    edited February 25 #4

Nope that really isn't helpful. Effectively what you are saying is that I can create products in PipeDrive and then export them into a spreadsheet. What business use is that? What I need to see are the PRODUCTS BY DEAL this should be core functionality in a product such as this.

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Ex-Pipedrivers Posts: 101
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited February 2021 #5

Nope that really isn't helpful. Effectively what you are saying is that I can create products in PipeDrive and then export them into a spreadsheet. What business use is that? What I need to see are the PRODUCTS BY DEAL this should be core functionality in a product such as this.

Thank you for the feedback, @Carlos Miguens 

I am sorry, but may I ask - have you tried viewing or segmenting reports by  product?

F.e. this way you can see all open reports (if you wish for a certain period) by product and the owner.

If you click on a table produced by the report - you can see the whole list of deals:

I hope you can toy around with Insights and see if you can find a report that is suitable.

Kind regards,

Vladimir