How to do meaningful reports on Products

Carlos Miguens
Carlos Miguens Member Posts: 4
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I'm finding it very difficult to get any meaningful information out on products out of PipeDrive. I've created about 30 products, add them to several deals. I want to create a report that shows the amount sold (or projected) by product. I can't seem to do this via Insights and when I export deals all I see is Deal - Product amount, Deal - Product quantity - but not the actual Product! which is not very useful.

Tagged:

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #2

I've seen a fair amount of issues with insights reports. Not specific to products. You may want to contact in app customers support of you are not seeing what you expect. 

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2021 #3

@Carlos Miguens 

Thank you for the post!

Hope you are having a wonderful day :)

Meanwhile you can also export all products one by one from Products section. perhaps that could help? 

https://sharing.pipedrive.com/QRLXbB

But thank you for the feedback in regards products in Insights as well as in the list view - I passed it over to the product manager.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Carlos Miguens
    Carlos Miguens Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #4

Nope that really isn't helpful. Effectively what you are saying is that I can create products in PipeDrive and then export them into a spreadsheet. What business use is that? What I need to see are the PRODUCTS BY DEAL this should be core functionality in a product such as this.

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2021 #5

Nope that really isn't helpful. Effectively what you are saying is that I can create products in PipeDrive and then export them into a spreadsheet. What business use is that? What I need to see are the PRODUCTS BY DEAL this should be core functionality in a product such as this.

Thank you for the feedback, @Carlos Miguens 

I am sorry, but may I ask - have you tried viewing or segmenting reports by  product?

F.e. this way you can see all open reports (if you wish for a certain period) by product and the owner.

If you click on a table produced by the report - you can see the whole list of deals:

I hope you can toy around with Insights and see if you can find a report that is suitable.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• We need reporting by deal, product and value by product. I expect an output like this:

Deal Name | Product 1 Name | Product 2 Name | Product 3 Name| Product 4 Name .....

XYZWidget | $VALUE P1 | $VALUE P2 | |$VALUE P3 | $VALUE P4

Today we get charts with totals - not helpful. I have hundreds of deals where we added products to each deal with values by product. I should be able to export this in a CSV file at least that shows me the deal name, the products attached to that deal and the value for each product. The data is there. How do i get it out?

• Jakey
    Jakey Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary First Comment

Yeah, echoing everyones comments above.

The per product reporting is really poor. I'm on a professional plan and cant even add my own custom fields to describe product sales.

Am forced to use a 3rd party integration for reporting which seems awkward.

• Try exporting your data to Google Sheets or other databases and building these reports in Tableau or Google Data Studio. You can use Coupler or Flatly to get the data into Google Sheets. This article outlines the process: https://www.amitsarda.xyz/post/export-pipedrive-data-to-google-sheets

• tell me how to export the attached product data to a deal? I don't see this function anywhere.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2023 #10

Hi @Pierre Calzadilla

IIRC Flatly has combined data tables with Deal and associated Product details. I need to check if this is no longer the case. Regardless, you can export the list of deals using Coupler. Then, once you have the list of deals in Pipedrive, you can run automation using Make/Integromat to export all the associated products with each deal in a separate tab. You will have to use the 'List Products in a Deal' option from the list of Make/Integromat triggers.

• will this capture the line item price per product? We have been collecting this data for 2 year now on all of our deals - and when I pull a report I get something like this:

$300 widget 1 Deal name

$300 widget 2 deal name

$300 widget 3 deal name

When in reality - each widget was $100 on a $300 deal... or more complex breakdown obviously. Will this process get me that data?

• We won't know without trying, unfortunately. :(