Oder of the fields

Léa_32350
Léa_32350 Member Posts: 5
edited May 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi,

I created a  field "genre" for the contact person. I need it to know if the person is a "Mr" or "Ms". But I can't order it in the right way with the other fields because they are not customized  like "Name".

So I have the following order : 

Name
Genre
First name

Which is not the right order, it makes sense :

Genre
Name
First Name

Maybe Pipedrive can create a field for "genre" ? 

Thanks

Léa

Tagged:

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #2

Can you just put it right in the name field? That's probably what I would do. Otherwise you could create a custom person details field. 

• Léa_32350
    edited February 2022 #3

Your proposition is to create a custom person details field for the "name"  and "first name" ??? So I could change the order after that ? 

If it's correct, I already did my import with the Pipedrive fields so how can I change all the data for a new field ?

(Sorry I'm not english)

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #4
    Léa said:

Your proposition is to create a custom person details field for the "name"  and "first name" ??? So I could change the order after that ? 

If it's correct, I already did my import with the Pipedrive fields so how can I change all the data for a new field ?

(Sorry I'm not english)

Proposition 1. When entering the name of the person in the name field enter as Ms. Debbe Geralts or Mr. Mike Smith

Proposition 2. create a single person details field to enter Mr. or Ms. 

If I needed to enter the Mr. or Ms. I would probably choose proposition 1.

Hope this translates well. 

• Léa_32350
    edited February 2021 #5

Ok, but I already import 1400 contact. I can't do that for each of them. What is the solution ?

Also, I already created a single perso details field named "genre". But I can't order it in my way. 

• Léa_32350
    edited February 2022 #6

Do you have a solution for this problem ?

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #7
    Léa said:

Do you have a solution for this problem ?

Not that will update the originals all at once. Other than re importing them. 

• Kelly Valenta
    Kelly Valenta Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #8

I think she is asking the same question I have about how to change the order in which the fields display on the screen.  I see I can click on Customize Fields to reorder the fields but it only changes the field order for that contact..how do I, as the administrator, change the order of the fields for ALL contacts?

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2021 #9

I think she is asking the same question I have about how to change the order in which the fields display on the screen.  I see I can click on Customize Fields to reorder the fields but it only changes the field order for that contact..how do I, as the administrator, change the order of the fields for ALL contacts?

If you change the order of the fields in the detail view I'm pretty sure it changes the order globally. 

• Léa_32350
    edited March 2021 #10

I'm sorry but no it doesn't. I tried with your assistance team two times (I also recorded). But when it is about the non customized field, it doesn't work.