Need Help Setting up An Activity Workflow

Options
Beth DeVries
Beth DeVries Member Posts: 6
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

I am needing help.

I want to create a workflow that sets up an activity each time I am adding a new person to my database. I tried to see if this was already answered in the help center but didn't find it. I have one workflow already set up that sends a welcome email to all ne contacts. But I can not get my activity one to trigger the scheduling of an activity. Can I get someone to show me how they would set up a workflow like this? 

Thanks! 

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Did you try the templates?

• Beth DeVries
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

I did see that but I only want it to be people that I have labeled a certain label. I will try to go in there though to see if that is a field I can edit. Thank you. 

• Beth DeVries
    edited February 2021 #4
    Options

Did you try the templates?

Perfection! Thank you! I seriously only have like 100 contacts in here so far. So really trying to make this my go to place for my business. Appreciate the reply with the screenshot. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #5
    Options

I did see that but I only want it to be people that I have labeled a certain label. I will try to go in there though to see if that is a field I can edit. Thank you. 

Yep, You should be able to add the condition of being a certain label. 

• Beth DeVries
    edited February 2021 #6
    Options

Yeah I found it! Now I want to figure out if I can do an automation that if I set up someone's bday to say 1/20 then it triggers an event to remind me on 1/13 to send a bday card. If you know if that is possible I am all ears for learning! 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #7
    Options

Not sure that ones possible from a custom person details field. 

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2021 #8
    Options

The best you can do is schedule an activity for the birthday.

Else, you can use Zapier to schedule an activity that is one week before the birthday.

• Bruck
    Bruck Member Posts: 16
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2021 #9
    Options

In no fields, you are able to put formulas or calculations, the way I found was to export to excel make the calculation that I need, and import back.

• Bruck
    edited March 2021 #10
    Options

In no fields, you are able to put formulas or calculations, the way I found was to export to excel make the calculation that I need, and import back.

• Bruck
    edited March 2021 #11
    Options

The best you can do is schedule an activity for the birthday.

Else, you can use Zapier to schedule an activity that is one week before the birthday.

• Bruck
    edited March 2021 #12
    Options

• Bruck
    edited March 2021 #13
    Options

This discussion has been closed.