Changing Timezone for Client Call Calendar Invites

Josh Novak
Josh Novak Member Posts: 6
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

So like most we do a lot of zoom calls with potential clients. We deal in multiple timezones and was wondering why there is not option to send invite with their timezone set instead of my timezone set. 

For example if we are in Central and the client is in Eastern. I don't want their invite to say "2pm Central" I want the invite to say "3pm Eastern"

Any idea?

Thanks!

Comments

• Andrew Craig_32961
    Andrew Craig_32961 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #2

Is there a response to this yet? I'm also trying to schedule zoom appointments within Pipedrive and navigating multiple time zones. 

• Josh Novak
    edited December 2021 #3

Is there a response to this yet? I'm also trying to schedule zoom appointments within Pipedrive and navigating multiple time zones. 

I have not gotten a response yet... this seems like a super necessary feature.

My current workaround is that I make the meeting and zoom details in pipedrive, then go to my google calendar, change the timezone to the clients, and invite them there...

Maybe that a bit much, I just want the time to show up in their timezone. 

• Jonathan Gennick
    Jonathan Gennick Member Posts: 52
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2022 #4

I like this idea. Today is my first time back on these forums after what has been a terribly difficult year. I do make a practice of always speaking to clients in their own time zones, and I would be happy to see support for client time zones in Pipedrive. I wonder whether PD could even be made to infer the time zone from a client's address. 

• Jill Mason
    Jill Mason Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2021 #5

I like this idea. Today is my first time back on these forums after what has been a terribly difficult year. I do make a practice of always speaking to clients in their own time zones, and I would be happy to see support for client time zones in Pipedrive. I wonder whether PD could even be made to infer the time zone from a client's address. 

@Jonathan Gennick I agree, and think Timezone should be a boilerplate field in PD.  I always want to know what time it is "right now" for the deal I'm looking at.

See my request here:

https://community.pipedrive.com/post/organizations-current-time-based-on-timezone-to-show-in-deal-header-5ff3917fbd839112a9e62f31

I think timezone could be inferred from phone number OR address.

• Josh Novak
    edited April 2021 #6

Hey Jill thats a great idea too. I think just holistically there should be some sort of zone support. Would even be nice to have a little space that says "Current Local time" on a contact/orgization/deal.

• Dieke Meyer
    Dieke Meyer Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2021 #7

The automatic time zone settings are really a mess. Inviting someone from a different time zone to an appointment leads to huge misunderstandings, because the Subject of the invitation mails is misleading! 

My solution, connection to a remote PC standing in the correct time zone - this could not be solution.