Perform calculations in custom fields

13»

Comments

• Alan Teece
    Alan Teece Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    edited December 2022 #62

This is a must in any CRM. Most others have this. I need to be able to add up custom fields to see what the volume of products have been utilised. 

• Andrea Bruno Viliotti
    Andrea Bruno Viliotti Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2022 #63

+1 for calculated fields!

• Just here for calculated fields
    edited December 2022 #64

Signing up for the forums just to request calculated fields. Count me in the tally there

• Matt Doman
    Matt Doman Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited December 2022 #65

Chiming in on this. Currently onboarding to Pipedrive and discovering this (rare but) glaring omission in your feature set. I hope it is remedied soon.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited December 2022 #66

I have found that we can do this very easily using Make/Integromat and/or N8N.

• Robert Williams
    Robert Williams Member Posts: 25
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

@Jaime Rojas @Roland Meents are you still looking for a solution for commissions?

• Roland Meents
    Roland Meents Member Posts: 7
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

@Robert Williams Yes, absolutely. As long as it is "Pipedrive internal" and doesn't need any extra Tools.

• svamann
    svamann Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited December 2022 #69

Yes @Amit Sarda - Pipedrive Consultant - AmitSarda.xyz, we can always pay more to get the job done... but wouldn't it be nice to just have the tool we already pay for do its job?

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited December 2022 #70

Definitely, but me and my clients can't wait for all of this to be available under one tool. Besides, having these features available under one tool, with the most sophisticated use cases is a little unfair. So we do what we gotta do. :)

• svamann
    svamann Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited December 2022 #71

I totally see the necessity for workarounds, to get going.

And no, I don't expect one tool to support all the sophisticated use cases in all areas.

However, I expect a tool to continuously improve its core features. And "there's a complementary tool already offering this" is a lame excuse for ignoring popular feature requests. Especially if, at the same time, we get new payed-on-top features like project management. Guess what: there's complementary tools already providing this (at a way more sophisticated level 😉)!

• Robert Williams
    Robert Williams Member Posts: 25
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

@Roland Meents So I'm looking at a solution that is natively integrated with pipedrive, that could potentially push something back to Pipedrive. I'd love to get some insights from you, it sounds like this has been as much of a problem for you as it's been for me. Would you be willing to meet?

• Roland Meents
    Roland Meents Member Posts: 7
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Hello Robert,

to be honest, this problem is more then 1 1/2 years old, and I can't even remember what the point was. Also, I was just the one who put our name on the list. Our developer is the guy who's a lot deeper into our system, but his schedule is even more overloaded then mine. (We're in the middle of a huge sales run where I put all my focus into). As much as I'd love to help, I'm missing the time to get back into this at the moment. Sorry to say.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,048 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer

Hi everyone, our development team is looking into feedback regarding custom fields and so I will be moving this conversation to the Feedback section of the community. That will ensure our devs can see it and also that other users can upvote this idea 📝

• I've got Zapier calculating age from my birthday fields, but it does use my Zapier credits. I'm encouraged to see other users asking the same thing. Do any of you fellow PD users know how to influence PD to take action on our simple request?

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,048 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer

Hi everyone, we are soon releasing calculations for custom deal fields! You can find out more here.

• Nico Müller
    Nico Müller Member Posts: 13
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Just found this article: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/custom-fields-formula-fields yippie!

I would love to be able to calculate the deal value based on other custom fields, is this possible too?

• Oren Pinsky
    Oren Pinsky Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

Great news! Hopeful that the number of functions will increase to enable more sophisticated formulas!

• SPS
    SPS Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

Yes for sure, calculated fields please

eg. eg existing data field 15/02/2023 + 7 days

real world examples

installation date - 7 days which is what we want to put into the email and also in automation

eg. if installation date is on 15/02/203 then we will send a reminder out on 08/02/23 so for variables in emails and also automation calculation this would be huge !!!

This discussion has been closed.