Workflow Automation Improvements

We are having a few issues with Workflow Automations that we'd like to address. I apologize if some of these issues are already being fixed, but this help center's search feature is not great...

• We'd like the ability to create company-wide automations. In other words, if an employee leaves the company, the automations don't leave with them. The process now is cumbersome and very frustrating. I understand there is hesitation to have a company-wide automation for things like email-related automations, which is why I think it would be reasonable to limit the ability of company-wide automations. None of our automations are tailored for a single person. They could apply to anyone who happens to be the owner of a deal.
  • Remove the automation limit, or at the very least, allow for aggregation of all users' limits. So if I have 3 employees on the Advanced plan, allow me to create 90 automations on a single user account. As is, as soon as we reach our limit of 30, I have to get our automation person to log in to another employee account to add more. Paying $25/mth more per user for automations alone... I might as well use Zapier at that point.
  • Tag automations so I can better organize them.  When it comes to modifying automations, this will make things much easier for us. Tagging allows your users to organize them in any way they see fit. For example: by pipeline, by person, by org unit, by stage, by whatever.
  • If a task is going to trigger an automation, create some sort of identifier on that task in the timeline so users know that once they check off this task, something else is going to happen. We get around this by naming trigger tasks with a "T". So you might see something like "Upload client's employee roster (T)", which tells us this is going to trigger another automation.

Our use case:
We primarily use workflow automations to populate checklists of tasks our employees need to do as they engage with clients in a sales process, and as they on-board clients to use our software. The vast majority of our automations consist of tasks.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments