Workflow Automation - "Send email using template" - Use current user email

Priscilla Gamboa
Priscilla Gamboa Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

I have several automations with "Triggered by any user" enabled. 

This automations send an email with the "Send email using template". No matter who triggers the automation,  the email is always sent with my email (always uses the email of the user who created the automation).

I would like that the emails were sent using the current user synchronized email.

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2021 #2

Yep, The automation email is always sent using the email in the account that the automation exists. If you want it to send from some else's email you need to build the automation in that pipedrive account.

For internal email notifications I always put: AUTOMATION : subject here

in the subject line so people know it is a pipedrive notification at a glance since it is always from my email address. I recommend then that people create a rule in their email program as well to pin those messages to the top or put them in a folder to consolidate them. 

• Esteban Gallegos Badilla
    Esteban Gallegos Badilla Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021 #3

They should add this option, it’s easy to implement (send email with current user), right now we have to repeat automations just because we want the email from clause ser to the current user.

• Jan Wendenburg
    Jan Wendenburg Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited January 2022 #4

I have the same problem that the email is always sent by the user who built the automation. 

It is impossible to replicate all workflow to all users and to keep it in sync. This is a very bad application design. Does anyone know if there is an update on this? 

If not, we will have to switch to HUPSPOT :-( 

• osman
    osman Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment

++ Any update on here. This is a glaring gap in the automation process

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 153
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes

Agreed, this is badly thought through design

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 153
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes

Pipedrive this issue was raised 2 years ago. Despite it being a glaringly bad design choice, you've havn't deemed it worthy of commenting on.

ARE THESE COMMUNITY FORUMS JUST AN EMPTY ECHO ECHO ECHO CHAMBER???

Your response is required. It's simply not good enough that you ignore your customers like this. Response please.

• You have to duplicate the Automation for each of your users with Automated Campaigns unique to each user... 🙄

• Avilla Support
    Avilla Support Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

We, at Avilla Innovations, can implement this exact automation with tailored Pipedrive automation.

Scheduled a free consultation, and we'll answer all your questions: https://calendly.com/ail-sales/project-consultation

Avilla Innovations, a proud Pipedrive partner.

https://avillainnovations.com/