Turning "Leads" Off

Guys,

The way it works today, I don't think the leads feature fits my flow at all - and I don't see it do the things I would need it to do.

Instead of creating mass confusion in my org regarding a new tab and features we're not using, can I have the opportunity to switch this off please?

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,387 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 29 #2

Hi @Jan Visser ,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll double check this with the team so it will go over the weekend due to some holidays (sorry). However, I'm very curious to learn what you feel is it's not doing right now or is missing. What would make this feature useful for you so you'd like your team to work on it?

• Jan Visser_342
    Jan Visser_342 Posts: 108
    edited February 24 #3

I have a field sales team that works on a regional basis and that sells capital equipment. In our business and I suspect in some others - we look at the market as follows:

• Suspects - unqualified people or organizations that do meet a certain demographic. I know very little of them or their organization and these are waiting to be qualified and/or targeted. These could be (including but not limited to) people that scan their badge at a trade-show, it could be a small list with businesses in a certain industry or someone I meet at an event. Or just business that we know would be a fit because the processes they use - but we don't know enough about them yet. For instance, we sell to food manufacturers so I know someone is a potential target but don't know enough to consider someone a qualified prospect. When we used SFDC, these were considered LEADS. I don't want those names and accounts in my main database because I know too little of them YET I want to keep track of them and use CRM to start a qualifying process.

• Prospects - qualified people and organizations that have been qualified but have not purchased from us. We know they are relevant (they could have our competitors product) but we have not succeed or even started selling to them. They could have a deal attached (which means there's a current project underway) or no deal attached. 

• Customers - people/organizations that buy from us today.

I like the concept of LEADS in PD to capture potentials early, but right now, the setup is useless for me.

• I want to import a list of leads. I cannot.
    • I want to segment assign leads a source. I cannot create sources.
    • I want to use one of the strengths of PD - filtered lists. I cannot use this in leads.
    • I want to be able to send a group email to filtered leads. I cannot today.
    • I don't want to convert to a DEAL - I want to convert to a PROSPECT. I don't have this option.

I may miss a few. It's hard to understand what PD's overall vision is with this feature but the way it's designed today, it does not meet my needs. I don't want to put features in front of people that we don't use so I would like to choose if I can turn it on or off. Something as simple as customizing the menu bar would help.

We have 11 users today and looking to go to 18. I increasingly feel myself misaligned with the direction that Pipedrive takes which makes me feel you have a different customer in mind. There is a LOT to like about PD but we've started tentatively looking for an alternative because for $60/month per user I really need something that works for us. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #4

I have a field sales team that works on a regional basis and that sells capital equipment. In our business and I suspect in some others - we look at the market as follows:

• Suspects - unqualified people or organizations that do meet a certain demographic. I know very little of them or their organization and these are waiting to be qualified and/or targeted. These could be (including but not limited to) people that scan their badge at a trade-show, it could be a small list with businesses in a certain industry or someone I meet at an event. Or just business that we know would be a fit because the processes they use - but we don't know enough about them yet. For instance, we sell to food manufacturers so I know someone is a potential target but don't know enough to consider someone a qualified prospect. When we used SFDC, these were considered LEADS. I don't want those names and accounts in my main database because I know too little of them YET I want to keep track of them and use CRM to start a qualifying process.

• Prospects - qualified people and organizations that have been qualified but have not purchased from us. We know they are relevant (they could have our competitors product) but we have not succeed or even started selling to them. They could have a deal attached (which means there's a current project underway) or no deal attached. 

I like the concept of LEADS in PD to capture potentials early, but right now, the setup is useless for me.

• I want to use one of the strengths of PD - filtered lists. I cannot use this in leads.
    • I don't want to convert to a DEAL - I want to convert to a PROSPECT. I don't have this option.

I may miss a few. It's hard to understand what PD's overall vision is with this feature but the way it's designed today, it does not meet my needs. I don't want to put features in front of people that we don't use so I would like to choose if I can turn it on or off. Something as simple as customizing the menu bar would help.

We have 11 users today and looking to go to 18. I increasingly feel myself misaligned with the direction that Pipedrive takes which makes me feel you have a different customer in mind. There is a LOT to like about PD but we've started tentatively looking for an alternative because for $60/month per user I really need something that works for us. 

Hi @Jan Visser 

Thanks for the detailed description and importing in leads is currently already possible: http://sharing.pipedrive.com/EqtDLE 
    Regarding your other comments, I'm sharing this with you @Michal Smetana  ;) 

Jan, as you hopefully understand development of software and implementing vision takes time. All of the points you're missing will come over time but at Pipedrive we've chosen not to develop for 1 year and then roll out a feature. We roll it out in phases. What you now see is phase one. Phase one will bring a lot of value for some of our customers already and with each of the coming phases more and more value will come for other customers as well, including yourself. 

@Almonzer take a look here as well please. Jan I see you're part of the new navigation beta version that Almonzer is working on. This will help with placing features less in front of people's workflow as well. 

In short, hopefully over time with new phases of the leads section and other features we'll prove to you that you and your team will continue to get value out of Pipedrive. Also as you've been doing already very well (thank you) please doe keep sharing your feedback and ideas with us!

Have a great day!

• Dustin Armstrong
    Dustin Armstrong Posts: 1
    edited April 2020 #5

So is there no way to disable leads so the link does not show at the top? I like Jan do not need this feature.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #6

@Dustin Armstrong and @Jan Visser just to be sure I'd recommend to reach out to the support team. Sorry to pass you along, but they will have gotten all the instructions as to how to handle your request. 

• Jan Visser_342
    edited April 2020 #7

@Mike van der Valk - as mentioned somewhere else, I would be interested in learning where you're taking this feature? As demonstrated in the comment above, I am more than willing to share with you my context - but sometimes it feels you let us sit in a dark room and then throw a feature in. It's hard to understand your plan and bigger vision on what the end-state would be if you don't share it. I can only comment on what I see - and what I saw wasn't done in my opinion. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #8

@Jan Visser I get you very much, hopefully we can be better in the future. We're currently discussing this as I mentioned in the other thread to you :) and please keep writing me, people like you keep us sharp and people like you is who we build our platform for!

Would you perhaps be interested in meeting up with one of our researchers working on the Leads section of Pipedrive to hear us out a bit, but also share your vision/needs with us? @Katerina Merklova are you up for it?

• Prague Fertility Centre
    edited February 24 #9

I was jumping off my seat when I saw the Leads tab earlier today, but like @Jan Visser , I agree that the feature is probably intended to help pipedrive's chatbot tool for now only.

We  segment by geographical locations and our conversion time is long so we need to be able to keep tabs on a lead for months, send bulk emails, filter them and keep them in the prospect pipeline before converting them into a deal. 

At the moment, we do this by having a prospect pipeline, and the first stage is the "Lead-in" stage. So there is no point for us to start using the Leads feature until it's fully developed.  We would still need to convert the Lead to a Deal and nurture it in the pipeline until conversion.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #10

I was jumping off my seat when I saw the Leads tab earlier today, but like @Jan Visser , I agree that the feature is probably intended to help pipedrive's chatbot tool for now only.

We  segment by geographical locations and our conversion time is long so we need to be able to keep tabs on a lead for months, send bulk emails, filter them and keep them in the prospect pipeline before converting them into a deal. 

At the moment, we do this by having a prospect pipeline, and the first stage is the "Lead-in" stage. So there is no point for us to start using the Leads feature until it's fully developed.  We would still need to convert the Lead to a Deal and nurture it in the pipeline until conversion.

@Beatriz Lopez we acknowledge that for some of our more advanced customers the leads inbox is still to rudimentary. We've also received much feedback from happy customers with the new leads inbox.

For both you, Jan and those that are already happily using the features don't worry! You'll be seeing a lot of good development happening in the leads section of Pipedrive real soon! :) 

• Hans Nieto
    Hans Nieto Posts: 42
    edited February 24 #11

I love leads.

The usefulness of this platform will depend on each industry, in my case so far it has been very useful, it helps to have the cleanest pipeline. I prefer the agile strategy that Mike points out to waiting a long time to see what's new ... and maybe he is looking for just that ... this type of discussions that help decide the future direction. 

For me, Leads is a great idea. Thanks Pipedrive guys

• Jan Visser_342
    edited April 2020 #12

I love leads.

The usefulness of this platform will depend on each industry, in my case so far it has been very useful, it helps to have the cleanest pipeline. I prefer the agile strategy that Mike points out to waiting a long time to see what's new ... and maybe he is looking for just that ... this type of discussions that help decide the future direction. 

For me, Leads is a great idea. Thanks Pipedrive guys

@Hans Nieto - I don't think anyone really argues the concept of the lead inbox. It's useful, the benefits as you describe are clear and the idea is is common in CRM. Most of the feedback is focused on the fact that the implementation is incomplete and, as is, not that useful. Maybe for you it is already - which is great!

• Peter Hultqvist
    Peter Hultqvist Posts: 4
    edited February 24 #13

We use an internal chrome extensions to adapt pipedrive to our needs.

By publishing it to all employees we can be sure that we all share the same experience.

• Hide unused features in main menu
    • Hides ads for upgrade or features not in our tier level
    • Make BCC field copy-on-click without flash
    • Hide unused features in activities
    • Expand Main menu: Org/People into two separate items rather than a drop down
    • Expand pinned notes by default (read them in full without clicking the little button)

In short we're not holding our breath, we're fixing it as we want it and move on.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #14

By publishing it to all employees we can be sure that we all share the same experience.

• Expand pinned notes by default (read them in full without clicking the little button)

In short we're not holding our breath, we're fixing it as we want it and move on.

Thank you for sharing @Peter Hultqvist in the future Pipedrive is going to explore more personalization options for users and companies, I'll share your use case with our team as well.

• Peter Hultqvist
    Peter Hultqvist Posts: 4
    edited April 2020 #15

One thing you could do is to make sure all field wrappers and every button have specific classes assigned to them.

For example when hiding fields in the activity we had to hide them by order in the DOM, thus if you were to add another field our customization would break and hide the wrong fields.

• Lucas Xavier_3197
    Lucas Xavier_3197 Posts: 30
    edited February 24 #16

Any ETA on adding this to integration services? Like Integromat and Zapier? Currently all work is manual, I wish i could add leads trhough other tools with the help of Integromat

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #17

Any ETA on adding this to integration services? Like Integromat and Zapier? Currently all work is manual, I wish i could add leads trhough other tools with the help of Integromat

@Lucas Xavier Leads API is planned for the near future as well. I can't give an ETA at the moment but will check with the team and ask them to prioritise. But it will come :)