New System Generated Person Fields

Jan Visser_342
Jan Visser_342 Member Posts: 70
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

All of a sudden I see 5 new fields in the Person sidebar that were never there and I cannot seem to control.

• Notes
  • Birthday
  • Job title
  • Postal address
  • Instant messenger

Am I losing my mind and did I completely forget how to NOT show these in the sidebar - or am I missing something.

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Jan Visser 

These fields were created when you enabled the contact sync.
    You can control those fields in your custom fields settings like shown here:

• Jan Visser_342
    First Comment
    edited April 2020 #3

Hi @Jan Visser 

@Mike van der Valk  - I never enabled it. I just checked - and it in fact lists my email address but it shows as not connected. I don't want to sync contacts either.

In the picture above, it shows the red X to delete the fields - I am not seeing those X marks. 

I talked to support today and they had absolutely no idea, just recommended to put them at the bottom of the sidebar and live with it. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #4

Hi @Jan Visser 

@Jan Visser the fact that your email shows there means it was connected in the past. Even if just for a minute then the fields were created. Disconnecting doesn't auto delete the fields as there might have been valuable data stored over time. Could you show me a screenshot of how the fields look for you and I'll check it out. 

• Jan Visser_342
    First Comment
    edited April 2020 #5

Hi @Jan Visser 

Hi Mike - how the fields look for me where? In sidebar or in settings panel?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2021 #6

Hi @Jan Visser 

In the settings menu please

• Jan Visser_342
    First Comment
    edited May 2021 #7

Hi @Jan Visser 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2021 #8

Hi @Jan Visser 

Thanks Jan 🙏 I'll talk to the team and get back to you

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #9

Hi @Jan Visser 

Hi @Jan Visser I spoke to the team. Looks like there was a small bug that they are working on now. Will keep you posted and once it's fixed you can edit/remove the fields manually on your side ;) Sorry about it and thanks for reaching out!

• Jan Visser_342
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #10

@Mike van der Valk thanks for following up. 

• Jan Visser_342
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #11

@Mike van der Valk   - just checking in with you on a rough ETA on this fix?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #12

@Mike van der Valk   - just checking in with you on a rough ETA on this fix?

There's currently a bug that needs fixing, I'll try to get a rough ETA on this today. 🙏
    -Edit- it seems to be quite tricky. No ETA I can give now, but the team is working on it. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2022 #13

@Jan Visser an update on this. Sorry for the delayed reply as it took the team longer then expected to investigate what was happening. 

It turned out that these fields that get created the first time Contact sync is enabled were never meant to have the possibility to be deleted. The fact they were deletable for some accounts was the bug. Currently you are able to hide these fields in your detail view (not remove) when the panel is collapsed and you are able to reorganize them in your custom fields settings page.

The reason for this all is to make sure no fields get deleted by users who have an active contact sync and therfore break any logic and syncing. I am aware of the fact you have disabled your contact sync and am talking to the team if in this situation we can still do something about that.

I've also passed your feedback to the team not necessarily working on the contact sync, but on the custom fields settings to in the future give more options to personalize/be flexible there.

Sorry for the inconvenience and the slower reply this time.