Email Integration: "Send and Archive"

I am using the Gmail integration. Whenever I answer a mail, my answer shows up in my own inbox where I then click on "archive".

I am looking for a way to "send and archive" in one step when replying.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,290 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 29 #2

Hi @Volker Klärchen could you help me understand a bit better if this is happening to all emails you answer to? Can you record a video of this? Are those emails you answer to in the first place already in your inbox?

• Volker Klärchen
    Volker Klärchen Posts: 7
    edited February 24 #3

Hello Mike,

yes, the procedure is as follows:

I have a mail from a lead in my inbox. I reply and send, and afterwards the thread is still in my inbox.
    But in almost every case I then archive the thread, because I can't do anything before the lead replies again.

It would be helpful to choose between "send" and "send and archive" when sending an email.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #4

Hello Mike,

yes, the procedure is as follows:

I have a mail from a lead in my inbox. I reply and send, and afterwards the thread is still in my inbox.
    But in almost every case I then archive the thread, because I can't do anything before the lead replies again.

It would be helpful to choose between "send" and "send and archive" when sending an email.

Gotcha, and right now you feel that the email you can't do anything on until you get a reply is cluttering up your inbox? Is it mixed with other emails you're still waiting to follow-up on yourself? Just trying to understand why you archive them.

• Volker Klärchen
    Volker Klärchen Posts: 7
    edited February 24 #5

I keep a clean inbox, so I always archive anything, that I don't have to act on. I use the deals to keep an overview of what's coming up soon and who I have to contact next.

I was using Front.app before trying PD, and they have an option for that. I attach a screenshot

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2021 #6

I keep a clean inbox, so I always archive anything, that I don't have to act on. I use the deals to keep an overview of what's coming up soon and who I have to contact next.

I was using Front.app before trying PD, and they have an option for that. I attach a screenshot

Thanks again @Volker Klärchen