Data Validation by Stage

Nick Smith_34889
Nick Smith_34889 Member Posts: 2 VERIFIED MEMBER
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it's possible / how to implement field data validation based on a deal moving to a specific stage of a pipeline.  For example, if I add a custom person field to an organisation, how could I ensure that the email address for that custom person object is populated when it moves to a specific stage.  My objective is to automate integration with external systems once we hit a specific stage but I need to ensure that all of the necessary data has been completed to the required level before attempting the integration or it will fail

Many thanks

Nick

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 367 VERIFIED MEMBER
    100 Comments 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2021 #2

here

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 832 VERIFIED MEMBER
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited February 2022 #3

Hey Nick,

You can create required fields, but there are no real field validations in PD itself.

You may want to look at automating the process of population of some of those fields [ie: When a deal hits a specific stage, it copies over the email address from the person object to the deal object via Zapier] 

• Nick Smith_34889
    Nick Smith_34889 Member Posts: 2 VERIFIED MEMBER
    edited March 2021 #4

Hey Nick,

You can create required fields, but there are no real field validations in PD itself.

You may want to look at automating the process of population of some of those fields [ie: When a deal hits a specific stage, it copies over the email address from the person object to the deal object via Zapier] 

Thanks Boris, I'm actually trying to add validation to ensure that an email is populated so that I can apply Zapier automation off the back of it.  If the field is empty when it hits a stage I'm trying to find a way to flag the validation issue

This discussion has been closed.