Adding tasks based on products in a deal with automation

Anders Leander
Anders Leander Member Posts: 2
First Comment
edited June 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

I would like to create tasks for a deal based on whether specific products have been added to it. The only trigger I can find in automation is based on number of products, not a specific one.

For example, if Product A is added and the deal is won, I would like to create a task for support to get in touch with the client and help them get started. Product B is self explanatory and doesn't need this so no task should be created.

Am I missing something, or is this not possible?

Comments

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 354 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hello @Anders Leander!

Glad to see you are using our Workflow Automations! We do not have a possibility for a Specific Product in the Workflow options at the moment. However, it can be done using a saved Filter with the steps below:

I will also share this still as a feedback with our team so they could see improvement possibilities in future updates, but I hope the offered option helps you further!

• Anders Leander
    Anders Leander Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2021 #3
    Kreete K said:

Hello @Anders Leander!

Glad to see you are using our Workflow Automations! We do not have a possibility for a Specific Product in the Workflow options at the moment. However, it can be done using a saved Filter with the steps below:

I will also share this still as a feedback with our team so they could see improvement possibilities in future updates, but I hope the offered option helps you further!

Aaah! That's excellent. Not super intuitive but it gets the job done ;)

I'm sure I can find lots of interesting uses for filters as triggers for automation, thanks!