Event management solution

Reinhard Puntigam
Reinhard Puntigam Member Posts: 19
Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary Photogenic
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi, 

we are looking for a simple and elegant solution to invite prospects or customers to events and manage registrations. Typically, we would select contacts in Pipedrive and use its mailing feature to send out invitations. Next, users should be able to register and we should be able to manage registrations and associate them with the original data. 

Does anyone have a suggestion how to approach this?

Comments

• Fabrizio Nicolosi_33821
    Fabrizio Nicolosi_33821 Member Posts: 125
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2021 #2

Hi Reinhard we do the same in our company. We send invitation using Pipedrive and then we register them in a landing page that is created ad-hoc! Let me know if you need help

• Helio
    Helio Pipedrive Team Posts: 63 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #3

Hello @Reinhard Puntigam ,

My suggestion would be to create a specific time scheduler link, which you can learn more about here.

Now, there are a few other things that would need to be done beforehand. 

1. Create a custom activity type for this process specifically, something like 'Scheduler' for example. You can learn how to create a custom activity type here.
    2. When creating the specific times scheduler link, you would need to make sure the option 'Allow booking multiple times' is ticket, as well as creating multiple slots for the same time period.  This is what I mean - https://sharing.pipedrive.com/6UIiq4. As you can see in this video, I made 5 slots available so what you should do is make as many slots available as the amount of people you wish to allow into this event.
    3. On the last step to creating this specific times scheduler link, you would then choose the custom activity type as the activity type for the activities booked using this link. Example here.
    4. Create a Workflow Automation that sets these activities to Free instead of Busy, which will allow multiple people to book this slot. Here is an example of what that Workflow Automation would look like - https://sharing.pipedrive.com/CCTFP2.

Essentially this process will allow you to send a link to multiple people for a specific event, and a specific amount of people will be able to book it and add it to their calendar.

The steps mentioned above are quite a workaround, however, if you have any doubts please reach out to our Support team and we'll be more than happy to look into this with you.

• Reinhard Puntigam
    Reinhard Puntigam Member Posts: 19
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited April 2021 #4
    Helio said:

Hello @Reinhard Puntigam ,

My suggestion would be to create a specific time scheduler link, which you can learn more about here.

Now, there are a few other things that would need to be done beforehand. 

1. Create a custom activity type for this process specifically, something like 'Scheduler' for example. You can learn how to create a custom activity type here.
    2. When creating the specific times scheduler link, you would need to make sure the option 'Allow booking multiple times' is ticket, as well as creating multiple slots for the same time period.  This is what I mean - https://sharing.pipedrive.com/6UIiq4. As you can see in this video, I made 5 slots available so what you should do is make as many slots available as the amount of people you wish to allow into this event.
    3. On the last step to creating this specific times scheduler link, you would then choose the custom activity type as the activity type for the activities booked using this link. Example here.
    4. Create a Workflow Automation that sets these activities to Free instead of Busy, which will allow multiple people to book this slot. Here is an example of what that Workflow Automation would look like - https://sharing.pipedrive.com/CCTFP2.

Essentially this process will allow you to send a link to multiple people for a specific event, and a specific amount of people will be able to book it and add it to their calendar.

The steps mentioned above are quite a workaround, however, if you have any doubts please reach out to our Support team and we'll be more than happy to look into this with you.

Hi @Helio 

thank you for the very helpful suggestion which produces exactly the result I wanted. Just a hint for others who might try and a walk down this path: I think it is necessary to create the workflow in step 2, before you actually create a scheduler link with the custom activity created in step 1. In this sequence, the new activity will already be affected by the workflow associated with it.

Another solution which might be useful for specific uses is to create event-dedicated web forms in the Lead Booster and use the links for those forms in your initial mailing. This will provide you with leads you can invite (or not invite) to an event in a second round.