Automated emails

It would save me so much time to be able to write emails and send them off in the future.  For example I have a conversation with a prospect with no immediate next steps.  The day of the initial meeting I could set 2-3 emails to send on future dates.  This would help me manage my pipeline but could also be used as a tool to identify interested candidates.

There are many companies that make software that enable you to track an email cadence or campaign.  Most of the software is used only for this purpose and do not have great CRM functionality.  It would be amazing to be able to manage email cadences and campaigns within pipedrive.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Posts: 192
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited April 2021 #2

CRM functionality is a huge pain, I feel with you. I have spent tons of research and testing different tools and none of them have flaw integration I need.

You can create workflow based on for example activities, that will trigger sending of emails. However, pipedrive is not ready yet to work with date fields in workflow automation (for example - after two days, create an activity, send emails etc.). This is the limitation still.

But you can create a workaround, playing with activities. Let me think about one example of workflow:

1. Activity meeting is marked as done
    2. This creates activity with due date in X dates calle "1st follow up"
    3. When the due date will come, you will manually mark it as done (this not sure it can be automatised, but it is a nice check)
    4. Based on this (activity named "1st follow up" and is marked as done), the email with template will be triggered
    5. New activity will be created (based on activity named "1st follow up" and is marked as done) called "2nd follow up"
    6. etc
    7. etc

Like this, you can create a mechanism for your automation.

• Harri Honkala
    Harri Honkala Posts: 36
    Second Anniversary Photogenic Elite Solution Provider
    edited February 25 #3

The answer would be Mailigen. I haven't seen any better integrations to Pipedrive. You can basically trigger the email flow by Pipedrive stages and set those emails to be sent different times. And I think Mailigen will be brought into Pipedrive in the future as well!

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited April 2021 #4

The answer would be Mailigen. I haven't seen any better integrations to Pipedrive. You can basically trigger the email flow by Pipedrive stages and set those emails to be sent different times. And I think Mailigen will be brought into Pipedrive in the future as well!

Mailigen is no good use if you want to send normal emails, not for some kind of subscribers

I agree, they have the best integration, but for the cadencies and automation of emails not related to subscriber list, it is an issue

• Nicki Kane
    Nicki Kane Posts: 53
    Second Anniversary Photogenic
    edited April 2021 #5

Would zapier and either mailchimp or activecampaign be a solution? PS for writing emails that are similar each time and able to be sent in 30 seconds check out text expander- it's SUCH a cool tool!!! Maybe doing it manually wouldn't be such an issue with that?

• Harri Honkala
    Harri Honkala Posts: 36
    Second Anniversary Photogenic Elite Solution Provider
    edited April 2021 #6

You could have the subscriber be a list of prospects that reach a certain stage in Pipedrive e.g.  "Meeting held". With Mailigen it is possible to send out regular looking emails. They will have the "unsubscribe" button etc there tho... 

• Helio_2884
    Helio_2884 Moderator Posts: 84 PIPEDRIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited February 25 #7

Hello to everyone in this thread!

I thought I'd let you know that Workflow Automations is being revamped and two of the features being pushed are time-delayed actions and time-based triggers. 

For time-delayed action you will be able to, let's say, move a deal from one stage to the other and then have the automation only send an email two days after.

For time-based triggers it means that you'll be able to trigger an automation based on a date!

What I can say for now is that we are planning to perform a gradual release through May.

Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited April 2021 #8
    Helio said:

Hello to everyone in this thread!

I thought I'd let you know that Workflow Automations is being revamped and two of the features being pushed are time-delayed actions and time-based triggers. 

For time-delayed action you will be able to, let's say, move a deal from one stage to the other and then have the automation only send an email two days after.

For time-based triggers it means that you'll be able to trigger an automation based on a date!

What I can say for now is that we are planning to perform a gradual release through May.

Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

wonderful news! thanks for update