Dynamic URL Link inside email template?

Options
Ashley Turing
Ashley Turing Member Posts: 1

How can we create a dynamic URL Link inside an email template.

For example I want to have:

"Please find more details here:

http://www.mysite.com/register?useremail={email address}

I can provide everything up to the "=" as a link, but how do I add the prospect's email address to the link?

I can pass as plain text, but this doesn't then have a clickable link in many email clients.

I can write an html-style href:

<a href = "http://www.mysite.com/register?useremail={email address}"> Find more details here. </a>

... but some email clients don't recognise html, and it still comes through as plain text (with extra <> bits).

Any advice?

Thanks. A.

Comments

• Rogier van Wagtendonk
    Rogier van Wagtendonk Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited April 2021 #2
    Options

Looking for this to. 

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited June 2021 #3
    Options

Hello @Ashley Turing  , thank you for your feedback!  I have added the topic Feedback & Suggestions ,  so your request is automatically forwarded internally to our developers as a note for consideration 📝

The steps you described are not possible at the moment using email sync, though there are exciting things we are developing that may interest you! To find out more make sure you are:

• Following What's Planned to learn about what we're currently working on 🔎
    • Following What’s New for new release announcements and updates 📢

🛠Feel free to join   Research and Beta Testing  for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live 🛠

• Divibank Controle 2
    Divibank Controle 2 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021 #4
    Options

Any update about this?

• Asignet Marketing
    Asignet Marketing Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2021 #5
    Options

Any news on this?

• Partner I Pflegehilfe für Senioren
    edited June 2022 #6
    Options

Are there any updates? To be honest: this is an absolute basic feature for every sales crm.... Can´t understand that this is missing..... 

• Business Centre
    Business Centre Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #7
    Options

New User. Very much an essential feature.

I am using email templates with my automations, and was very surprised there was no facility for Piping URL's. I am having to send a second custom email on form submission, so they can navigate to the next step of our form process. Not desired.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited March 2022 #8
    Options

New User. Very much an essential feature.

I am using email templates with my automations, and was very surprised there was no facility for Piping URL's. I am having to send a second custom email on form submission, so they can navigate to the next step of our form process. Not desired.

Hi @BP Group Admin , thank you for your feedback which has been forwarded internally to our product managers. 

At the moment, dynamic url links are not in the plans for the very near future. But be sure to keep an eye on 

🌟  What’s New so you don’t miss any new release announcements.

🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live!

• Robin Breed
    Robin Breed Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #9
    Options

Agree, I would use this and agree that it seems quite essential for a CRM, especially a developed one like pipedrive.

• Jan Donmez
    Jan Donmez Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

We are using PipeDrive for a couple of years now in combination with MailerLite for journeys. We want to move over to 1 CRM that has it all. This feature where we can have a dynamic URL option is a must and a show-stopper within PipeDrive. We are currently looking at HubSpot and considering moving over.

I mean, how difficult is this?

https://form.jotform.com/xxxxxxxx?email={{Email}}

• Stephan Puffler
    Options

Very essential feature, also implementing tagging