Syncronize the archive email in Gmail

Titouan
Titouan Member Posts: 1
5 Up Votes
edited February 29 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Would it be possible for the next version of Pipedrive to syncronize better with Gmail ? Currently when I archive an email in gmail it doesn't get archived in PipeDrive. Could it be possible to developp this feature in the next version ? 

15 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Stavros Michailidis
    Stavros Michailidis Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited April 2023 #2

I see an email sync setting that says "Archive in my email client when archiving in Pipedrive." Does the inverse exist? When I archive an email in my client, I would like it to archive in Pipedrive as well. No sense in having to deal with the same email twice.  I asked support the above question and they said that archiving is one way.  Does anyone have any clever work arounds?

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2023 #3

Hi @Stavros Michailidis , thank you for your feedback!

Indeed archiving emails in your email client will not archive them in Pipedrive. I can see how that would be useful, so I've made sure to forward your suggestion internally for consideration.

Have a great week!

• Jan-Philip
    Jan-Philip Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2023 #4

Hi Inês, 

We are just about the use pipedrive as our new CRM (moving over from Hubspot) and it would be great, if the development team could look into this issue. For our current workflow it is essential, that emails archived in our mailing client (gmail / gsuite) are also displayed as archived one in pipedrive. 

Do you have any news, if this feature request is already on the shortlist?

Best

Jan-Philip 

• Inês Batata
    edited July 2023 #5

Hi Inês, 

We are just about the use pipedrive as our new CRM (moving over from Hubspot) and it would be great, if the development team could look into this issue. For our current workflow it is essential, that emails archived in our mailing client (gmail / gsuite) are also displayed as archived one in pipedrive. 

Do you have any news, if this feature request is already on the shortlist?

Best

Jan-Philip 

Hi @Jan-Philip Riehle , happy to have with us and welcome to the Community! :)

Currently there are no direct plans for it, but the team noted down your suggestion for when they'll work on updates again. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers. This one hasn't made the cut yet unfortunately. Thank you for your understanding.

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Frederic Fuchs
    Frederic Fuchs Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #6

I agree with the other inquiries. This seems like a basic necessity to stay on top of mail-inflow. 

Please upvoted if possible

• John Marsh_13033
    John Marsh_13033 Member Posts: 27
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited July 2022 #7

It would be wonderful if my inbox in PD would match my inbox in Outlook. When I delete an email in Outlook it will delete it from my inbox in PD, but the same can't be said for archiving. Can you please add this to the "wish list?"

• Jean-Patrick HERBUTE
    Jean-Patrick HERBUTE Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited August 2023 #8

That would be perfect indeed @John Marsh

• John Marsh_13033
    edited July 2022 #9

Is this something that is being considered? it's a mess trying to manage two email inboxes ;)

602818514eb8c048dcfe7c0f_30510.png
  • Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited August 2023 #10

Hi @John Marsh noted! I've asked the email team to put this on the wish list.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2023 #11

Hi @John Marsh thanks for sharing. We're currently not working on it, but I'll make sure that our team sees your comments.

• Inês Batata
    edited July 2023 #12

I agree with the other inquiries. This seems like a basic necessity to stay on top of mail-inflow. 

Please upvoted if possible

Hi @Frederic Fuchs , we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Chris Herbst
    Chris Herbst Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #13

Agreed, two way syncing for archived emails would be great. 

• Einar Helgesen
    Einar Helgesen Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #14

Hi @John Marsh thanks for sharing. We're currently not working on it, but I'll make sure that our team sees your comments.

Yes, this is a mess for us as well.
    Consider finding another platform.

• Jeffrey Dromeshauser
    Jeffrey Dromeshauser Member Posts: 19
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2023 #15

Agreed, that would be a huge improvement to the email client

• Dan Millen
    Dan Millen Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #16

Hi all

This has been an issue from Day One that has kept me from using Pipedrive as a full time email client. I've disconnected my account on several occasions and it hasn't helped. 

Emails that I archive in my gmail inbox still appear in my pipedrive inbox. Only emails that I archive within pipedrive actually get archived within pipedrive. So effectively my inbox is out of sync. 

It's not an issue of timing as there are emails I archived months ago in my pipedrive inbox. 

If I can't have my inbox in real time it makes it impossible to hit inbox zero or be able to use pipedrive as an email client. 

Please advise thanks!

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    edited July 2023 #17

Hi @Dan Millen!
    At the moment this behaviour is expected with our Email sync feature. Under Email Sync settings, you can select if archiving an email in Pipedrive will also  archive the same email in your synced email account or not. However, archiving emails in your email client will never archive emails in Pipedrive. You can check more details in our Email Sync article. If you have any other questions or doubts, feel free to reach out to our Support via chat or email (support@pipedrive.com).

• Dan Millen
    Dan Millen Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #18

Pretty please with sugar on top get this done asap!  I can't even fathom why it wasn't included from day one or how / why it's not being treated with any urgency.  

• John Marsh_13033
    edited July 2023 #19

Pretty please with sugar on top get this done asap!  I can't even fathom why it wasn't included from day one or how / why it's not being treated with any urgency.  

@Mike van der Valk any update?

• David Maret
    David Maret Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #20

Hi Kreete,

Thanks for explaining this to Dan Millen. I'd like to better understand this part > 
    "However, archiving emails in your email client will never archive emails in Pipedrive."

Why is that? This is,  I think, the main request from Dan and I would also love this to happen. 

If, in Gmail, I archive an email, I'd like that same email in Pipedrive email view to also be archived/deleted. Right now, in Gmail i only have 5 emails in my inbox, but my pipedrive inbox has over 50 (useless) emails like accepted meeting invites, etc that don't go away after archiving them in gmail.

Hope this adds some extra value to the request / issue of Dan and would also benefit me :)

See screenshot attached:

Example of Gmail (left) and Pipedrive (right) inbox not being in sync (pipedrive still showing mail delivery error and pipedrive scheduler emails as example
  • Helio
    Helio Pipedrive Team Posts: 63 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited July 2023 #21

Hi Kreete,

Thanks for explaining this to Dan Millen. I'd like to better understand this part > 
    "However, archiving emails in your email client will never archive emails in Pipedrive."

Why is that? This is,  I think, the main request from Dan and I would also love this to happen. 

If, in Gmail, I archive an email, I'd like that same email in Pipedrive email view to also be archived/deleted. Right now, in Gmail i only have 5 emails in my inbox, but my pipedrive inbox has over 50 (useless) emails like accepted meeting invites, etc that don't go away after archiving them in gmail.

Hope this adds some extra value to the request / issue of Dan and would also benefit me :)

See screenshot attached:

Example of Gmail (left) and Pipedrive (right) inbox not being in sync (pipedrive still showing mail delivery error and pipedrive scheduler emails as example

Hello!

Archiving an email in gmail, simply means to remove the inbox label. If the email is not currently located in the inbox, then archiving the email in pipedrive will have no effect on the email in the gmail and vice versa.

I hope this answers your question.

• David Maret
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #22

Thanks helio for your insights on labels.

the question is actually the other way round:

• if I archive an email in Gmail, i want the same email in pipedrive also to be automatically archived.

now: 

1. i archive email #3 in gmail to keep my inbox clean and easy
    2. although  email #3 is archived in gmail, the same email #3 is still in the pipedrive inbox
    3. I need to also manually archive email #3 in pipedrive inbox to keep both gmail and pipedrive’s inboxes in sync

suggested setup:

1. i archive email #3 in gmail to keep my inbox clean and easy
    2. the same email #3 is automatically archived also  in the pipedrive inbox

hope this explains the need further.

i can also discuss over phone or screenshare if preferred

• David Maret
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #23

Hi guys! i recently joined pipedrive with a new company (call it I like your tool), but really miss above requested feature.

it’s been 8 months ago sinc requested and 3 month ago since last status update. Can this be relooked at? It definitely is an annoying setup to not have both inboxes (gmail vs pipedrive) always in sync.

thanks for rebumping this as feature request!

• Adam Aronson
    Adam Aronson Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #24

As much as I see the advantage to managing my email in Pipedrive the UX is a bit cumbersome for me. One thing that might greatly improve the experience would be a contextual menu that when clicking on an email would offer options like Archive, Delete, Share, etc.

• Matthew Larner
    Matthew Larner Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #25

This is a huge dealbreaker. This is a major product flaw. I can't understand why archiving an email in your email client wouldn't archive/delete it in Pipedrive.

• Matthew Larner
    Matthew Larner Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #26

Any updates on this?

• John Marsh_13033
    edited August 2023 #27

Hi @Mike van der Valk any update on this? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2023 #28

Hi @John Marsh I haven't seen updates about this internally recently unfortunately :( I'll highlight this again to our team, hopefully we can do it down the line.

• John Marsh_13033
    edited August 2023 #29

Thanks, and please let us know either way. It's radio silence on this front. If it's not on the radar or not going to be done then I'd like to know... email functionality in PD is useless without it.  @Matthew Larner @Jeffrey Dromeshauser 

• jon brookings
    jon brookings Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #30

I fully agree and don't understand.  Do they really believe that if they cripple the sync that we will move over to Pipedrive only for email. that is ridiculous  

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2023 #31

Hi John, I checked with our product manager for the area. So far there are no plans but she understands this is a very reasonable suggestion. She promised to ask the engineers regarding the effort needed to see if it can be prioritised. But no promises unfortunately.