Need Help - PipeDrive to Google Forms to Automate.io

Options
Devin Conroy
Devin Conroy Member Posts: 2
edited June 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Pipedrive is very weird in the things it lets you do and not do.  I'm sure there is a method to the madness that I haven't learned it yet, but some of these limitations seem elementary.  This may be a simple question.....we'll see:

There is an "ID" tied to my deals that shows when I turn on the filter option for it.  But I cannot get this "ID" field to show anywhere on the deal itself or show as one of the options when creating a workflow.  It is a system field so I can't modify it in any way.

My plan is when a project hits a certain "status", it emails a template that contains a link to a Google Form to upload documents and input info.  That form then gets sent back into Pipedrive through Automate.io to update the deal info.  The issue is, I need this deal ID to do that. It will not show as a selection in workflows, email templates or anywhere other than the filter view.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• André Vidal
    André Vidal Pipedrive Team Posts: 14 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi Devin! 

I am not an expert in Automate.io. So, I do believe it would be better to confirm with someone from their support or maybe someone here in the community who uses it to automate things in Pipedrive will be able to help. 

However, I would like to understand better what you are trying to do. For example, with Pipedrive's workflow automations is is possible to include the Deal ID in the email, if your action is "send email", by using the "[" to be able to include placeholders.  It is true that, when you are using an email template, you can't include it in the email template. But you can always create a custom field for the deal that would be updated with the deal ID whenever the deal is created and then use that custom field in the email template, as this you are already able to use. 

Anyway, if you haven't contacted Pipedrive' support yet, I think it would also be a good idea. You can get some help by sharing more information in the chat. 

Have a great day! 

• Devin Conroy
    Devin Conroy Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021 #3
    Options

Hi Devin! 

I am not an expert in Automate.io. So, I do believe it would be better to confirm with someone from their support or maybe someone here in the community who uses it to automate things in Pipedrive will be able to help. 

However, I would like to understand better what you are trying to do. For example, with Pipedrive's workflow automations is is possible to include the Deal ID in the email, if your action is "send email", by using the "[" to be able to include placeholders.  It is true that, when you are using an email template, you can't include it in the email template. But you can always create a custom field for the deal that would be updated with the deal ID whenever the deal is created and then use that custom field in the email template, as this you are already able to use. 

Anyway, if you haven't contacted Pipedrive' support yet, I think it would also be a good idea. You can get some help by sharing more information in the chat. 

Have a great day! 

Thanks Andre, I'll follow up with the support team tomorrow if I don't get a solution by then.  The Automate.io side of it is fairly simple once I find a way to output the Deal ID.

The custom field option I tried earlier, but I couldn't find a way to get the ID there.

The "send email" action seems promising, but I don't know much about placeholders.  Are you saying if I change the text to be "[ID]" it will then show the ID field result in that placeholder location?  I attempted this and it didn't work so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I think this will solve my issue if I can figure it out.

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2021 #4
    Options

Hi Devin! 

Have a great day! 

Hi @Devin Conroy!

We have an option to use placeholders in Automation emails and also pull this data into certain fields. In this case, you just need to type [ and select the needed value from the options that appear. An example screenshot attached.

I hope this helps! And if any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our support directly!