Associate a contact to multiple organisations

Ivor Tarrant
Ivor Tarrant Posts: 3

We work with NHS contacts who are key contacts for multple organisations depending on the role they are performing. E,G a Doctor may be a GP at a practice, a decision maker on a commissioning organisation, or a project consultant on a hospital or care Home etc etc.

Therefore a contact can have multiple roles with multiple organisations. How do we set this up.

Tagged:
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 646 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers Community Manager
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Ivor Tarrant ! While that is not possible in Pipedrive, a workaround for that could be creating custom fields. For example one or more custom fields for "Role" and for "Organisation" inside the person. You can find out all about the different possible custom fields here.

• Ivor Tarrant
    edited July 2021 #3

Hi @Ivor Tarrant ! While that is not possible in Pipedrive, a workaround for that could be creating custom fields. For example one or more custom fields for "Role" and for "Organisation" inside the person. You can find out all about the different possible custom fields here.

Hi 

Thanks

However if an alternative Organisation were enetered into a Custom Field you can't hyperlink to that organisation and create the foward backward links to be able to move around in the way other Pipedrive fields allow.

I see many people have asked similar questions and this for me is a Show-stopper on using Pipedrive (which I otherwise absolutely love!). Can you promise this is coming down the pipeline to us any time soon? 

• Ivor Tarrant
    edited October 2021 #5

I have now realised that you can create custom fields that hyperlink to another person or another organisation and thus you can easily move forward and backwards to adjoined organisations. The only hindrance is that you have to create the link from both ends pointing to each other and if you want multiple linked organisations you will have to have multiple pre-designed custom fields; in my case I have added two linked people fields and two linked organisations fields, should be enough for our requirement but would be cumbersome if you wanted many linked organisations, a minor headache but doable and has helped solve my problem.

• Please Pipedrive (@Mike van der Valk , @MONA_36 ), Any news on the development?

We would very much welcome this functionality - we think it is essential in the type of software that calls itself Customer Relationship Management (CRM). It is not only about our relationship with the customer, but it is also about the relationships of customers (contacts) with each other. This is an important feature!

I would hate to invent my own system using custom fields. Pipedrive should support this "by design". So that once you add this feature, I had to redo everything.

Even local czech CRM Raynet supports this. You can link People to multiple other Organizations - they call it "Links to other Organizations" and in addition to your the link to another organization, you can add a short description (!) to that link - such as "former employee", "external consultant", etc. It's super useful.

When will you finally add it too?

• Pipedrive, plans for 2023:

"They are not any plans right now for us to support that use case."

I just watched the Pipedrive Product Talk 2023 on YouTube.

How happy I was when this question came up on air:

Q: "Will it be possible to link the same person to multiple Organizations in the future?"

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEUA7s5ME8o&t=1965s

But the response from Pipedrive disappointed me, annoyed me 🤬

Answer from Pipedrive representative Shaun Shirazian:

A: "They are not any plans right now for us to support that use case." 

Hey, all of us, let's do something about it! 

💪