Export all data in Excel, mass change them and import back in Pipedrive?

Options
Cedric_32682
Cedric_32682 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hello community,

I hope you are all doing well. I am working with thousand of data in Pipedrive and I would like to make them cleaner (naming convention, rearrange info in a lead, etc...). According to me the easiest way would be to export everything in Excel, modify data there, delete all data in Pipedrive and import them all back into pipedrive. Modifying the data directly in Pipedrive would take ages. But as you could imagine I am afraid to lose all my data if something goes wrong when importing data again from Excel. I am not sure that during this operation of exporting data and then importing them back, we keep all the info existing in pipedrive. Have you gone through similar topic? Thanks a lot for your help!

Cédric

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Don't delete the data from Pipedrive. Use Pipedrive's system ID (Deal ID, Person ID, etc.) to update the records using CSV imports.

• Cedric_32682
    Cedric_32682 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021 #3
    Options

Don't delete the data from Pipedrive. Use Pipedrive's system ID (Deal ID, Person ID, etc.) to update the records using CSV imports.

Thanks Amit! do you confirm that this is best way to do mass changing? Export, work in Excel and import back?

• Luis_57370
    Luis_57370 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2021 #4
    Options

useful tip!