Filtering in list view

Guro Skjæveland
Guro Skjæveland Member Posts: 5
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Hi there!!

It would be great if one could filter on the different columns in the list view (CTRL+shift+L ;) ). 

Many thanks,

Guro

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2

You are able to filter on list views and add multiple columns to the filter /view -- https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/filtering

• Vera Rosado
    Vera Rosado Pipedrive Team Posts: 26 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #3

Hey there @Guro Skjæveland !
    I believe you might be referring to sort more than one column at the same time, if so we can do it up to 3 columns. 

Press shift and click on desired columns:

If you need any further assistance make sure to reach out to our Support

Have a great day :) 

• Guro Skjæveland
    edited May 2021 #4

Hey there @Guro Skjæveland !
    I believe you might be referring to sort more than one column at the same time, if so we can do it up to 3 columns. 

Press shift and click on desired columns:

If you need any further assistance make sure to reach out to our Support

Have a great day :) 

THanks Vera, very helpful!

• Guro Skjæveland
    edited October 2021 #5

You are able to filter on list views and add multiple columns to the filter /view -- https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/filtering

Thanks! I'm aware of the feature you're referring to, but I find it quite tedious. It would be great to quickly filter directly in the columns similar to the sort function, and as such easily slice and dice on the fly. 

• James Nuelle
    James Nuelle Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2021 #6

I'm in agreement with Guro.  The filter feature is  very difficult as compared to the filter feature in excel.  

• barnaclebarnes
    barnaclebarnes Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

The only thing stopping us from moving from Zendesk Sell to Pipedrive is the grid view/filtering. Sell's column adding, smart lists and filtering is so easy to use compared to Pipedrive's. It would kill our productivity if we moved to Pipedrive. Just copy them....

• I usually take a dump of Pipedrive into excel and do my filtering etc. there. Very unproductive. I cannot understand how big of an upgrading job it is for the Pipedrive team to enable filtering and not just sorting?

• Hi @Guro Skjæveland,

I know this is highly inefficient, but here's a way to make it a little easier for you by automating export of Pipedrive data to a Google Sheets workbook periodically: https://www.amitsarda.xyz/post/data-pipeline-setup-pipedrive

If you have any other questions or need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Resources: 50+ Pipedrive Add-ons | Pipedrive Consulting | Pipedrive Automation Examples

• @Amit Sarda You're missing the point. You want to filter and use the data within Pipedrive. Just try a free demo of Zendesk Sell and use their filtering for 10 minutes. You will see how well it performs compared with Pipedrive. It saves hours a week. Complete deal breaker not having super efficient filtering, sorting and column selecting.

• @barnaclebarnes my suggestion was for @Guro Skjæveland to make her tedious process a little easier.

I have used Zendesk Sell in parallel with Pipedrive for 1.5 years. I know what you’re referring to. The things Zendesk Sell does better are:

1. leads to deals conversions

2. In-column filtering.

Apart from this, it has nothing over Pipedrive.

For the parallel CRMs I am referring to above, the one using Pipedrive grew 4x in a year at the same cost, while the one using Zendesk Sell only grew 30% but at the cost of 10x more expenses. Most things were equal (the same business operating in multiple Countries).

• Joel Young
    Joel Young Member Posts: 5
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

Filtering still not improved - can't understand it. It should be no worse than the simple excel filtering.

• I agree, Joel. What's stopping Pipedrive from putting on a filter function in addition to the current sort function in the columns?

• barnaclebarnes
    barnaclebarnes Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

To be fair this isn't a simple implementation to get right. I do think it is a critical one for user productivity though.

• Joel Young
    Joel Young Member Posts: 5
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

Obviously I don't work in development but I would imagine it isn't too convoluted seeing as there is already existing filter functionality and this would only really need to apply to data fields with single or multiple options.

Reading some of the new features they implement it seems they go down very niche routes for upgrades to various add-ons whilst this a core functionality that would benefit all of their user base.