Addresses Formats in Custom Fields for sending postal mail via mail merge

Luke Rooney
Luke Rooney Member Posts: 9
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

I have set up a custom field called POSTAL ADDRESS 

this would be used to send postage mail to contacts in Australia (via a 3rd party app yet to be discovered or built)

I'm currently using using the address field which autocompletes from google maps

the current issue is by using the pipedrive address custom field it: 

(a) often excludes the zipcode/postcode 

(b) always adds in the country 

(c) doesn't recognise PO Boxes 

the alternative would be to create a standard txt custom field for postal addresses but then there would be no way for a program to determine of an address, what is the street, postcode, zipcode

Therefore...

is the only solution to post mail then to create 5 custom fields?:  

#

street

suburb

state

postcode 

This then would allow for mailing systems to recognise the fields to be pushed onto a mailing letter software correctly.

Please I would like some help with workarounds and best way to handle this challenge.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2022 #2

Hi @Luke Rooney 

When you create an address type field you can actually split this field up into individual fields on the list view and then link this to 3rd parties like shown here below. Hope that helps you:

• Luke Rooney
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Mike van der Valk 

where is the screenshot you are showing?

i'm looking for it now

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2020 #4

Hi @Mike van der Valk 

where is the screenshot you are showing?

i'm looking for it now

Sorry @Luke Rooney it's on the list view as shown here below. Take a look at this article as well that explains how to customize the list view: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000146149-List-View

• Luke Rooney
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

found it ... 

this look like it has divided them up nicely

the only issue is google overrides PO BOX addresses  into random addresses, hence i may have to do this all manually for all my letters to be sent effectively

its out of pipedrives control as its google maps that doesnt allow po boxes

• David Lorbiecke_3
    David Lorbiecke_3 Posts: 188 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited April 2020 #6

found it ... 

this look like it has divided them up nicely

the only issue is google overrides PO BOX addresses  into random addresses, hence i may have to do this all manually for all my letters to be sent effectively

its out of pipedrives control as its google maps that doesnt allow po boxes

Yeah exactly, the PO Boxes has always been an issue with gathering data from Google Maps unfortunately.

• Luke Rooney
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7

i've discussed with pipedrive support & its up to google so nothing can be done but thats ok

to make my mailouts automated im just going to convert into individual text fields :)

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited April 2020 #8

i've discussed with pipedrive support & its up to google so nothing can be done but thats ok

to make my mailouts automated im just going to convert into individual text fields :)

You can still enter the raw address in the Address field.

Like that, the Address field will have the address you entered, the individual components of the address will have that, and the address field with 'Combined Address' will have Google generated address.

• Luke Rooney
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #9

i would disagree with that as i just tested it and google change the complete address & this was reflected in the individual fields where no pox was original entered and only the suburb/state/postcode remains

• Luke Rooney
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #10
    my solution is i've created 4x text fields that aren't linked to google maps so i can include PO Box address ... this is relevant to me being able to forward this data into a spreadsheet to send to an address label printer or mailout house in the future. I've outsourced the task of transfering 1000's of manual addresses to this format... Unfortunately over the past year google has overridden many of my PO Box addresses so i have to also fix that over time for everything to be accurate again