Automations based on Date fields

Options
Paddy Orrell
Paddy Orrell Member Posts: 20
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

Hi Pipedrive,

I can't see any date fields available within the set deal conditions. I don't need any specific logic which is looking to apply validation based on date fields but only that those fields have been completed as they are required for invoicing purposes and our commercial teams should not be able to change stages untill this information has been entered. 

This is currently a blocker for implementing automations for our business - would be great to get some feedback on this as to what is possible. 

Thanks

5e980ca2a7fa7406d03f7c44_10261.png

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

Great news, this will come later this year! Currently there are some other dependencies to work on so I unfortunately can't give an exact date, but it's in the pipeline for future updates. @Paddy Orrell thanks for sharing!

• Paddy Orrell
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Thanks Mike - I really could do with having this already. I guess the tricky part is that you are trying to configure it to have date dependency. For me this is not such a critical topic - more that the field need to have been entered. I guess applying it with the same logic as the other fields i.e. "is empty" might be a lot more straight forward and would provide a pretty good workaround untill then - would that be a possibility? It is the only field missing to apply complete stage validation.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #4
    Options

Thanks Mike - I really could do with having this already. I guess the tricky part is that you are trying to configure it to have date dependency. For me this is not such a critical topic - more that the field need to have been entered. I guess applying it with the same logic as the other fields i.e. "is empty" might be a lot more straight forward and would provide a pretty good workaround untill then - would that be a possibility? It is the only field missing to apply complete stage validation.

I'll pass it along but I expect the team to not alter their immediate plans for this, but I'll try!

• Paddy Orrell
    edited May 2021 #5
    Options

Thanks Mike!

• Paddy Orrell
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

@Mike van der Valk is it possible also to create automations with a deal related (i.e. preventing a deal moving to a different stage) but dependent on fields associated with a contact or organisation? If this isn't possible do you have a work around? I am trying to achieve an automation which prevents a deal moving to an invoicing stage if the address for that organisation is missing (needed for invoicing purposes).

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #7
    Options

@Mike van der Valk is it possible also to create automations with a deal related (i.e. preventing a deal moving to a different stage) but dependent on fields associated with a contact or organisation? If this isn't possible do you have a work around? I am trying to achieve an automation which prevents a deal moving to an invoicing stage if the address for that organisation is missing (needed for invoicing purposes).

@Filipe Portela can you help here with a workaround? Also just so you know @Paddy Orrell we're currently working on mandatory fields in Pipedrive.

• Paddy Orrell
    edited April 2020 #8
    Options

Mandatory fields would be nice - does seem like a funny way to have to use the automations @Filipe Portela would be great to jump on that call if you have time. 

• Filipe Portela
    Filipe Portela Posts: 19 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited April 2020 #9
    Options

Hey Paddy! Hope you're staying safe :)

I'd be happy to offer an exceptional call to help you set up automations. 

Today it won't be possible for me but if you're okay tomorrow we could do it! What timezone are you on?

• Paddy Orrell
    edited April 2020 #10
    Options

Hi Filipe - all good thanks, hopefully same with you.

Tomorrow would be great. I am in CET timezone (GMT +1), could do 9:30 or 10:30 tomorrow morning?

Thanks

• Paddy Orrell
    edited May 2021 #11
    Options

Hey Filipe - would be great if you could confirm this or suggest another time that works for you.

Have a good evening

Paddy

• Filipe Portela
    Filipe Portela Posts: 19 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2021 #12
    Options

Sorry for the time taken here. I didn't get a notification about your reply and so only seen it now.

Can you write to me at filipe.portela@pipedrive.com so we can discuss the most suitable time. 10:30 seems to be good for me, just need to double check.

• Paddy Orrell
    edited April 2020 #13
    Options

No worries - dropped you an e-mail (had also sent one previously - maybe this ended up in your spam).

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited April 2022 #14
    Options

Hi all. 

The absence of date-based triggers is my one Big Complaint about Pipedrive. Fortunately a couple of Pipedrive product managers have spoken with me about their ambition to include this much-needed capability, and slowly they're getting there. Good!

Filipe... I am solving this problem for our customers today using Integromat. While it works, even elegantly, it is also just-one-more-thing to maintain. If you have any inspired ideas that would allow our customers to overcome this issue without Integromat/Zapier, I'd really love to hear about it!

Have a good day/weekend.

• Mateus De Sordi
    Mateus De Sordi Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2020 #15
    Options

Same here. I don't need fancy date automation, only to use it if it has changed or something like that.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #16
    Options

Hi @Mateus De Sordi can you elaborate? Do you mean if the date inside a data field was altered? 

• Mateus De Sordi
    Mateus De Sordi Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2020 #17
    Options

Yes. In my case, It would run the automation if the  Field was empty and now it’s not.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2020 #18
    Options

Hi @Mateus De Sordi

I tested it in my account and unfortunately date-type fields are not eligible as trigger conditions in automations (yet). I tried out with a custom date-type field ("expected delivery date") and neither those nor the custom ones are eligible at the moment. You'd need to have some other type of condition that happens in parallel as a trigger.

Like @Mike van der Valk said, this is something we know would be very useful for our users and we're working on it, so it's a matter of time. I'd suggest you join our Research and Beta Testing channel so you can be the first to know what's coming down the pipe and enroll to try out early versions of new or improved features we want to roll out. Thank you for your patience!

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #19
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Hi, I wanted to ask, if there is any progress with the triggers based on date fields - I need to create trigger, basicaly - set some action 3 months before this date in this field. Thanks!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #20
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Hi, I wanted to ask, if there is any progress with the triggers based on date fields - I need to create trigger, basicaly - set some action 3 months before this date in this field. Thanks!

Hi @Martin Pecha there's definitely progress but we're not ready to launch yet. The reason why it takes time is because for it to work we need to rebuild a lot of our original work on the workflow automation to be able to support this. 

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
    edited June 2020 #21
    Options

@Mike van der Valk thanks, to you have some rough estimate, when cca it will be ready at least for beta testing?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #22
    Options

@Martin Pecha we are always very careful with estimates since things can change easily in software development. Nonetheless, let me check with the team here. Just FYI the team working on this is based in Lisbon, Portugal where we have public holidays right now so I'll most likely get back to you on this next week.

• Anke
    Anke Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #23
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk , any news on the above? I read that 8 months ago it was expected to be implemented this year.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2020 #24
    Options
    Anke said:

Hi @Mike van der Valk , any news on the above? I read that 8 months ago it was expected to be implemented this year.

Hi @Anke 

Unfortunately we had to rebuild some components to support it, but work is on it's way. Last month we included the date fields, our team is currently still working on having it trigger an automation on a specific data/time. Read more here: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/new-date-fields-now-trigger-automations-5f9ad6fbba0c447c43826843

• Laura Houssain
    Laura Houssain Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #25
    Options

As far as I know, time-based triggers are still not available today.

It will be a game changer when they are available.

Does anyone know if we can create some with Zapier in the meantime?

• Paddy Orrell
    edited November 2021 #26
    Options

As far as I know, time-based triggers are still not available today.

It will be a game changer when they are available.

Does anyone know if we can create some with Zapier in the meantime?

@Filipe Portela Hey Felipe - hope you are good.

Any movement at all on the time-based triggers?

This discussion has been closed.