Uploading data sets via spreadsheets.

Options
Claus Goritschnig
Claus Goritschnig Member Posts: 4
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

My problem with multiple rows of the same item categorization!!!!

Hey, I hope I am able to find some helpful answers here.  The problem I am running into is more in regards to visibility & functionality.

1. If I import a data spreadsheet, where I have multiple rows of the Phone numbers, Landline, and Cellphone numbers ranging from 1-13 rows but not all of the rows have a number associated with them. How can I make just the rows with the actual associated number appear without manually going through the whole spreadsheet while importing and adding each landline row, cellphone row as a customized contact field?

Thanks in advance for anybody reading this and putting time into assisting me with my issue. 

Best regards 

Claus

Tagged:

Comments

• Vera Rosado
    Vera Rosado Pipedrive Team Posts: 26 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hello @Claus Goritschnig 
    Thank you for your message :) 
    I believe it would be easier to help you with this request if you open a chat with Support so we can see exactly how you have your Spreadsheet and how you are looking to import the information into Pipedrive. 

Have a great Thursday! 

• Joshua Hindman
    Joshua Hindman Member Posts: 35
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic Solution Provider
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hey @Claus Goritschnig !

I think I would try to add a column next to each number column called "Phone Type" and then label the numbers in the actual column rather than using the type of number as the column header.

Pipedrive doesn't have predefined fields for Landline, Cell, etc. Instead you can just use a dropdown when adding a number to identify what kind of number it is.

Either way, you'll have to do some work on the spreadsheet before importing but I think that might be the best solution.

Hope that helps!

• Claus Goritschnig
    edited June 2021 #4
    Options

Hello @Claus Goritschnig 
    Thank you for your message :) 
    I believe it would be easier to help you with this request if you open a chat with Support so we can see exactly how you have your Spreadsheet and how you are looking to import the information into Pipedrive. 

Have a great Thursday! 

Hi @Vera Rosado,

thank you very much for writing back. I have started a chat with support, but I may just be overcomplicating things.  If I am still stuck I will contact support again.

Have a great weekend.

Best regards

Claus 

• Claus Goritschnig
    edited June 2021 #5
    Options

Hey @Claus Goritschnig !

I think I would try to add a column next to each number column called "Phone Type" and then label the numbers in the actual column rather than using the type of number as the column header.

Pipedrive doesn't have predefined fields for Landline, Cell, etc. Instead you can just use a dropdown when adding a number to identify what kind of number it is.

Either way, you'll have to do some work on the spreadsheet before importing but I think that might be the best solution.

Hope that helps!

Hey @Joshua Hindman ,

thanks for your advice. I will take that into account and work and the spreadsheet apparently.

Many thanks.

Best regards

Claus